Utility disconnection for life threatening condition

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Conan12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Utility disconnection for life threatening condition

Post by Conan12 »

We have run out of options on our power bill. My mother is disabled and we do have a letter from her Doctor saying it would be life threatening if the power was cut off. My husband just started a job after 2 years of looking everyday and finding one. We would be able to pay it next week when he gets paid but they want it today. Its $480 and bill is with Georgia power.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Utility disconnection for life threatening condition

Post by Admin »

If you are facing a life threatening condition, then most state have rules and laws to provide people with more time to pay their utilities. If you agree to a payment plan. Georgia Power does have this as well. Call the utility company and tell them of your situation. If that doesn't work, then try some free legal aid in Georgia and tell them about your issues and the upcoming disconnection. In the meantime, we have extensive information on utility bill programs in Georgia.
Magic

Post by Magic »

Hello,
I've been researching information for grants or state assistance to help with the cost to replace my AC unit at home. My AC unit is in need to be replaced and have cost me a lot of money trying to keep my home temporarily cool until I could afford the repair. I have been unemployed for 14 months. I just started working again this month and have bills stacked high from accumulation during the time of employment. I have a lot of debt and can't afford a new AC/Heating unit at this time. I heard there were several programs available so I've been trying to obtain information on what agencies could help me.
If someone could please contact me.
Information:
My home is in PG County.
I've lived in the home 14 years.
No dependents, one person living in the home.
ad90ma

Post by ad90ma »

I'm currently in disconnect by Monday, I have a seven year old daughter that suffers from asthma and I am currently fighting for disability. My husband just started working today and won't be paid for 2 weeks. I am stressing out very bad and have a father in law that said he can pay 300 dollars towards it but in order to keep it out of disconnect we need 800.00 dollars. I just feel hopeless. I've asked for help with our local agencies but they are unable to help us please help!