Alabama resources

State and local government assistance programs.
Fiona
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Alabama resources

Post by Fiona »

I am suffering chronic illnesses with no health insurance. I recently got much worse and missed a lot of work. I'm alone with no family support in Alabama. I have always worked and taken care of myself. I am scared that what little I have I will lose. I have no money and all bills are due. I don't know how I will catch up. I was told I should be on disability but I would have to stop work and if I do I will become homeless. I need physical, mental, and dental care. My teeth have cavities, 2 are broken off. One has a piece of metal hanging that is very sensitive and hurting. My checking account is about to be closed for being overdrawn and I will not be able to get another one after that. I have banked with them for 20 years.

My life is falling apart. I can't believe this is happening or could. Every bit is because of illness with no insurance. I will have to send this like it is because I can't get back to write it properly. I'm sorry it probably looks awful. I hope it makes sense. Thank you for reading it. You are doing a good thing. I'm ashamed and humiliated. I have a panic/anxiety disorder with depression. I am overwhelmed and don't know how to get this figured out. I'm one person. I wish I wasn't alone. I wish I had someone to tell me what to do and that I wasn't so alone. I have had utilities turned off and lived without. Now I'm at the point that everything is due. My car Insurance canceled yesterday. I just don't know what to say. I pray for my heavenly Father to help me. I need some help. More than anything, I am feeling so alone and embarrassed. I can't believe this can happen to someone. I would never leave someone like this. I have helped everyone I could. When you get sick and have financial problems, your friends aren't there anymore. They just say “I don't know what to tell you". I didn't say that to them. Only one friend is standing by me and she is so far away. My fingers don't work well and I got outside this box and couldn't get back to all I can do to get up and go work. I need help. Thank you and God bless you for helping people even if it isn't me. She is trying to help but doesn't have that much money. She is in northern Alabama. I would go there if I could. I have a business and am on the edge of losing it. Behind in so much paperwork and bills. Shame is that its an established business but I have been trying to sell for small amount of money and nobody has money. They all want it but have no money. Crazy thing is it is literally turn key. Anyone could own it and make instant money. I can't keep up. I'm losing functionality. I'm ashamed of my apartment being such a mess. I'm in pain always. Its all I can do.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Alabama resources

Post by Admin »

Have you looked into some of the government health insurance plans in Alabama. There is Medicaid, soon to be the affordable care act, and much more. There is also cash assistance programs in the state too. Now the dental care is not as common to get help with, but the bottom line is that there still are clinics, public health insurance, and many other opportunities for the uninsured and low income in Alabama. Also look into any resources in your town or county. Find a list of programs. More details.
Goldman

Post by Goldman »

Me and my husband and two boys was living in a family home and they sold it now were staying with my mom and her husband and her two kids and I really need help getting a home for my family. My husband work slow and I'm seeking employment just don’t have any money to move in. Its taking a toll on us. I really need my own home back so my family will be secure. Please. Help if you can please. We live in Alabama.
Malawai

Post by Malawai »

How do I find help paying my bills in my area? My husband is disabled and we have a 12 year old still at home, recently had to provide for our 26 year old son who was out of a home and job and help provide for his 2 year old son. I have been searching for a job since July and have not found one yet. I haven't been picky with my job search. If there is anyone in my area that helps please let me know. I live in Hollywood, AL.
BicycleRider

Post by BicycleRider »

Last year due to unusually cold weather in AL, our car died and we had to replace trying to keep jobs as merchandisers, unfortunately the payment and full insurance killed our finances, so my husband went back to truck driving. He went with a company as they would help get his CDL's back. Unfortunately, as he has not been with them for quite a year yet he is not making much per mile and as such is having to get pay advances so he has money on the road, but that presents a problem
For me at home, as there is not enough money left in what is deposited into the bank account to cover the bills. I have been doing the best I could to try and pay at least something on what bills we do have which is Rent, electric, internet, and a payday check advance that we had gotten for car repairs previously. But as there just was not enough to go around we still owe on rent from last October.
The Landlord is saying that if the back rent is not caught up by August (no specific date) that we will have to move. Due to health issues I do not drive and we live over 3 miles out of town so walking somewhere to try and get a job is out of the question for me, and neighbors are not available for this type of time consuming job hunt as being a small town jobs are scarce and much looking is required, and then the problem of how to get back and forth each day would have to be solved as well. So I am literally stuck at home, except for whenever it might be convenient for someone to take me to the store. I do not even have transportation to try to even look for another place to live so if we get evicted we do not even have a way to go Anywhere.
Local churches are not real forthcoming when it comes to helping people except in cases where you do not actually have a job, then they will help. Or they have the attitude that if we helped you once then you should be all set and not need any more help. They do not consider what has been on the back burner while you tried to solve the current emergency that may end up being an emergency itself. My husband is starting to get better trips now and starting to make more money but we need help in order to solve the immediate eviction problem. Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
Sterner

Post by Sterner »

I lost my job in October. I have been denied my Unemployment. I need Some help in getting my lights and water back on. I been sleeping in a cold apartment. I don't have water.
My rent is one month behind. I really needs some help and been out every day putting in application but nothing yet so far. Would you have mercy on me and please help. I live in Birmingham Alabama, Jefferson's county.
Overnight

Post by Overnight »

I reside in Birmingham, AL. I'm contacting you because my husband lost his job in July and that left everything on me with trying to pay all the bills. At the moment we're about to be four months past due. A day before Thanksgiving we received letters from our landlord that stated we have to move out. We have two boys 6 & 11. We have been trying to catch up but can't.
We really need your help. If you can't help us would you please direct us to someone that can? We are all out of options and really don't want to lose our home. We have tried JCCEO but they insist we have a letter from the courts. But we do have a letter from the landlord & their lawyer. Our days are up but we continue to have faith & believe in God, at the same time that gets hard.
Again the only reason why our rent is behind is because my husband lost his job. Thank You again for your time & God Bless.
SimonSimmons

Post by SimonSimmons »

I am a 46 years old I live in Bessemer AL and I been off work almost 2 years because I became ill. I was having a stroke and a heart attack and I worked 29 years before I became ill and my daughter started supporting me. Then in December 2015 she became ill and pregnant.
She was put on bed rest and lost her job until March 2017 but our lights are off and rent is behind. We have been to JJCEO 3 times for help. They haven help us yet and we went before they cut our lights off we just need a little help until my daughter make a few checks or until SS benefit approved. If there's any help please help may God Bless you.
Trina

Post by Trina »

I lost my husband June 10th this year. He had early onset Alzheimer's. I've taken care of him 24/7, for the last 5 years. We got by on his disability check SS of 1377.00 a month. When he died it left me unable to pay my rent, utilities, even his funeral I owe on
My check starts in September. I just need help till then. I got the light and water paid. Thank you for the info on LIHEAP, but none of the Church's so far can help. My Land Lord even though I have never been late before is a real piece of work. I don't want to be homeless. Especially after what I've been through with this disease. I live in Marshall County Alabama. Who do I try next. Thanks.
LorenDer

Post by LorenDer »

To whom it may concern: I reside at Birmingham Alabama 35205. I have lost my job and in need of assistance with rent and utility bill. I am currently searching for work. I have applied for loans to give me a boost and get caught up. But no such luck, and I don’t want to be evicted. I am in need this one time. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
MTrout

Post by MTrout »

To whom it my concern,
I live at Jacksonville Alabama 36265.
In our house hold, it is My Two daughters. One is 1 year old and the other is 7 months old, also it is our grandma, my fiancé, and myself.
I currently lost my job and someone stole my sons ID and social so he can't get a The the mom is on disability, and we have no transportation.
My reason for contacting you is to see if you knew of any programs or anything that could help us get a way to cool the house.
We have a heater, but no air conditioning. I've had to send my kids to stay with a relative because it is too hot, it’s making everyone sick.
Thank you for any help or advice you can give.
God bless.
ATHENAFARIS

Post by ATHENAFARIS »

We have just rented her an apartment in Hoover, Alabama 35216. She draws 750.00 a month and gets a little over 100.00 a month food stamp. The rent and utilities are 640.00 a month. She is tied to this for a year. We really do not know where to turn to get help. Everywhere we ask, we have not gotten any assistance. She had to have a place to live, so we took this apartment after looking and calling for months. She just moved here from MS. My husband & I am both in failing health. She doesn't have a car in Alabama because no way to pay for it. I take her where she needs to go. I am helping her, but the cost is getting out of hand for me. Thanks for any info you can give us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you really are 100% out of options, and you seem to have some sort of income, then maybe a loan my help. But this is an last resort and comes with risks. Study up on it. But try these emergency loans in the Birmingham Alabama area. There are all sorts of options ranging from credit unions to high risk options, such as payday lenders or title loans. So tread cautiously.
ATHENAFARIS wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:05 am Everywhere we ask, we have not gotten any assistance. She had to have a place to live, so we took this apartment after looking and calling for months. She just moved here from MS. My husband & I am both in failing health. She doesn't have a car in Alabama because no way to pay for it. I take her where she needs to go. I am helping her, but the cost is getting out of hand for me. Thanks for any info you can give us.