California programs and resources

State and local government assistance programs.
Copper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

California programs and resources

Post by Copper »

I was seriously injured on the job 3 years ago. I am in litigation with workers compensation and have applied for state of California and Federal disability but the only assistance I have received has been through LEAP & a one time payment from the Salvation Army in Los Angeles. I live in a "rural" part of the county and city that seems to be a black hole for assistance. I have a disconnect notice on my electric bill and have had no income coming in for over a year now and I have been dependent upon friends and family. The generosity of my friends and loved ones has taken it's toll on their personal finances. My condition is associated with brain trauma and 24-7 headaches and heat is a serious issue due to work related heat stroke. I also am dependent upon the use of a C-Pap machine for sleep apnea that was also non existent before the accident, so as you can imagine electricity is an essential necessity.
Jane Mary

Re: California programs and resources

Post by Jane Mary »

We are a family of 7, two adults and kids. ages, 4,6,7,12,15. I am trying to find a place that could help us with school clothing and back packs. Last year I spent over 300 on just school supplies and it was still not enough. The clothes part is much harder seeing as they are all growing. If there is any place in our area of California? We are low income, on SNAP and free lunches for the kids, income is less then 3,000 a month.
Newport

Post by Newport »

Hello, I've been looking a lot online for some type of housing assistance, or help with financial assistance or anything to keep me & my daughter from being homeless or from having to go all the way downtown to a homeless shelter. I am 22 years old, my daughter is 10 months. I am also currently 7 months pregnant with a baby girl. They have the same father but he doesn't take his part in being a father. I am currently living in my mother's one bedroom apartment in Los Angeles. But she is living with her boyfriend & she texts me everyday telling me I need to get out, I need to find somewhere to go, but I have been trying to find a place to live since around April & I still have had no luck. My mom had told me I don't have much time to find somewhere, my dad won't even let me do laundry at his house & also said I cannot live there again. I only have a few friends, they would help me if they could but they don't have any room in their houses for any more people. I don't speak to none of my family because all they do is make me feel worse about this situation. So they do not help me at all either. I have none to turn to, not even for a babysitter which is why I do not have a job, I don't even have any type of transportation to a job & back. I have no money, not even a few dollars for the bus or to eat. I do have a link card & WIC to feed myself & my daughter, but I can't even afford to buy us new clothes or anything. It makes me feel so horrible knowing its very difficult for me to provide a home for my daughter & soon to be son. I just want my kids to be happy, I should be getting cash assistance soon with my public aid but I have no idea when & how much. But it will probably be just enough to get us by in what we need. I just want my kids to have a home to call their own, I don't want to feel like a horrible mother anymore :( I just want what's best for my children. So if you could please help me in any way, I would greatly appreciate it. But my phone has been messing up which is why I emailed.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

California offers income qualified residents with a number of financial assistance and housing programs. Especially for those with young children or babies like with what you have. You should try to stay with that family while you save money for your own place and get back on your feet. Use that cash assistance while you are living with family members to save money for a deposit. But find information on the resources in your state. Read California assistance programs.
Martin10

Post by Martin10 »

Me and my daughter moved out to CA about a month ago. I'm a military spouse but am separated from my husband. He has stopped helping with our daughter and we are struggling. I've gotten help thru DPSS buts it's not enough. I was wanting to know if you can help and/or what to do?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to DPSS, then try some of the charitable assistance programs in Los Angeles. There are many, with some focused on military families. So they may have money, food, household goods, and more.
Flower12

Post by Flower12 »

I'm a single mom that lives in Bakersfield California 93308. I'm on public assistance. I only make 725 a month and I'm in need of a bigger house. I have my 3 children and granddaughter living with me.
I can't afford anything on my own.
Is there anything assistant that can help for rent and my utility bills? Right now I am living in a small 1 room garage that was converted into a small apartment like place. There is 5 of us living in 1 tiny room and we be practically sleep on top of each other. It is too small for my family but I'm on assistance and I can't afford anything on my own.
I need help with my rent in my utilities. I have been looking for work to make extra money so I can get a different place but I do not have a high school diploma so places around here in Bakersfield will not hire me. All I need is something big enough so we can have our own bed to sleep Inn properly.