Immediate Help for gas to go to work

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
thebranch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Immediate Help for gas to go to work

Post by thebranch »

Hi,

I am a single mother of 4 who works full time. in school full time, and I am training to work at home. I am just a little down on my luck until I get paid 2 weeks from now.

I am looking for assistance with gas money to get to work. $160 will get me through. I have an extra paycheck coming in beginning next month but I just need help with gas until then so I will not have to quit my job. Urgent need. Of course all needs are urgent.

I am not trying to get over on anybody. I can verify where I work, where I go to school, and my training to work at home. Just looking for help for now. I live in Wilson, NC and there are not any programs that offer this assistance and I do not have a problem with paying it back next month.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Immediate Help for gas to go to work

Post by Admin »

Gas money is hard to get. Also, why $160? Seems like quite a bit of money for gasoline to drive to work. While we can't provide funds or grants, we have a couple places that may have some advice in Wilson North Carolina. Find that information here at Wilson County NC assistance programs and information. Some of the agencies include Wilson North Carolina Salvation Army phone(252) 446-4496 as well as the Nash-Edgecombe Economic Development Inc. Whether they can provide gas or not, we have no idea. But worth a try.
thebranch wrote:Hi,

I am a single mother of 4 who works full time. in school full time, and I am training to work at home. I am just a little down on my luck until I get paid 2 weeks from now.

I am looking for assistance with gas money to get to work. $160 will get me through. I have an extra paycheck coming in beginning next month but I just need help with gas until then so I will not have to quit my job. Urgent need. Of course all needs are urgent.

I am not trying to get over on anybody. I can verify where I work, where I go to school, and my training to work at home. Just looking for help for now. I live in Wilson, NC and there are not any programs that offer this assistance and I do not have a problem with paying it back next month.
thebranch

Post by thebranch »

It cost me 80 per week in gas for a daily 45 minute commute. There are no jobs locally so I have to work farther away. None of my close friends or relatives have it here?
thebranch

Post by thebranch »

and no these places do not provide assistance for these matters
Beamer

Post by Beamer »

I am signed on under my son's account. We are in great danger of becoming homeless. I am disabled and have just been able to buy a car after not having one for five years. The tag alone was $245. My health is bad and it require steroid shots for pain and now doctor wants me to have surgery on my neck and back. My check takes care of three people. I do not have the money for car insurance or gas. I am responsible for two grown men who are out of work on a small disability check. We are ALL just trying to make it the best way we can. I went to Goodwill Industries yesterday and they promised me and my fiancé' that they would help us find jobs. I am also going to check out Vocational Rehab and go back to school and so is my son. So you see? We are not this no-good family looking for a handout. We just need some help. I cannot make it to my appointments without gas in my car or drive it without insurance. So, if I could just get help with gas and car insurance we will ALL have jobs within three weeks. Will you please help us?
Sterner

Post by Sterner »

Hi,
My name is Christine and I am authorized to speak on behalf of my husband who need emergency help with gas for his car to get to work.
My husband works with the V.A.
Anyways, we had fallen upon some rough times and lost our home after 21 years. He was working odds and end jobs , etc. When Covid-19 hit he received unemployment. I was working at Kroger's for 6 weeks but injured my foot and needed surgery. Anyways the place we were staying didn't work out, Talbert House and V.A. put us up in a motel for a few months.
I briefly put our situation on a Facebook marketplace and a couple from Dry Ridge offered up there trailer for 400.00 a month. Its was roach infested, covered in black mold, the floors are rotting and when it rains we have several rooms that leak.
During the winter months our electric bills we were being charged for ranged anywhere between 300.00 and 400.00 per month. I worked 20 hours a week and we had one vehicle. We finally saved enough to get a fairly cheap car but that one died we kept having problems with the Tahoe, but now we need immediate gas money to get to said job. We finally had Doug and Cheryl all paid up through April and it seems like every time something inevitably happens.
Brian spends roughly a 150.00 a week on gas. If he doesn't work due to weather he doesn't get paid, so the gas will help him get to work
I have been communicating everything to Cheryl and even made arrangements to pay her a 100.00 a week since I had taken a new job that was 40 hours a week. I paid her 100.00 last week.
Now Brian was helping Doug doing side jobs when he asked and I asked how much he was going to pay so I knew how much to figure out for receipts for rent. We have never asked for anything on top he still owes for two days of where Brian worked for him till 1:00.
The water pipe in the bathroom burst overnight last Thursday night. We were going to turn off and fix when we got home from work, but was told it had to be fixed asap. That cost Brian a day of no pay. The pipe was Jerry rigged to begin with.
I unexpectedly lost my job on Wednesday, so now I have zero income, my son has Covid-19 and both my husband and I started showing symptoms.
My husband's boss's wife wants him to get tested. If he tests positive then that is two weeks of no pay. We will literally have no money.
I have applied to several jobs, and was going to file for unemployment but not sure if it can get it.
I was able to borrow 300.00 so as of now they are paid up through the month of May.
Doug did say he would accept a total of 1000.00 and call it even, I would like to get as much as I can for what we owe.
If there is anything you all can do or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
I offered to help out on their farm which is what they let the last tenants do and allowed them to leave here rent free.
They also told us about 4 months after we had moved in we were responsible for maintaining the yard and there is well over an acre. We didn't have a mower or anything and had to borrow one.
The yard look like a hoarders nightmare when we moved in and we have cleaned that up as well as I got about 500.00 worth of flooring donated to me for the trailer because of how bad the flooring is.
Once again, anything you can do, would be greatly appreciated.