Need help with all sorts of bills -

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
luna
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help with all sorts of bills -

Post by luna »

Hi. I was laid off after 5 years of work in Administration due to the recession. I filed for unemployment did receive that for a few months, until I started working with an agency to place me into odd jobs. I am still with the agency, I am not finding the work, but neither is the agency right now. I am not getting my unemployment either, since being with the agency I am fighting tooth and nail to get it.

I am behind in water, gas, school loan, light bill, credit card (only 1), I am down to a few cans of food in my pantry. The vehicle I drive (loaned to me from a friend) broke down 2 months ago, can't afford to fix it. Was getting to my assignments by Metro or bus. But now I have no money to do that. I have no savings, no 401k, nothing but checking and that is overdrawn I think. Spent the last of it on milk and a few cans of food. I do not have any property or a house boat or anything of value that I could sale to get out of this.

I am extremely nervous and have stressed to the agency I needed a job a month ago so to speak.

I hate that it has come to this, airing my sorted laundry online, as I am a very private person, but frankly, I do not know what to do or where to turn.

Thank You.
helper

Re: Need help with all sorts of bills -

Post by helper »

Hi, If you posted your state I can defintely send you information and resources you can use. I am almost certain there are programs for your situation. For example, community action agencies can provide short term help and also have resources you can use to find a job, programs from various utility companies, and even non profit organizations. Send me your state and will post some resources for you.
krisskross35

Re: Need help with all sorts of bills -

Post by krisskross35 »

I need assistance with my electric bill. I have to pay $178.00 before the 18th of Nov. before they will cut me off and I live n Texas.