need help with utility deposit!!!!!

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
arellano2k4
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help with utility deposit!!!!!

Post by arellano2k4 »

Just moved into new apt and unfortunately the Utility company does not transfer services to new place without paying a $200 deposit, which i do not have! I have called everywhere trying to find help with the deposit but no one can help! I live in Cleveland, Tn and it is Cleveland Utilities. Does anyone know anyone or anyway i can get help with the deposit. I draw a check monthly due to having a bad back from an old back injury, so i cannot work a job, and my check is not that much, so that is why after paying rent, and deposit, etc to move i have nothing left for a Utility deposit. I have lived in my new apt. for almost two weeks now without any power or hot water!!!!! I need help please!!!!! thanks for any advice!!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help with utility deposit!!!!!

Post by Admin »

While not certain if your utility company offers this or not, try Project Help. Many Tennessee utility companies do offer this program. If provides money to people to
help pay energy bills and deposits for costs for elderly and disabled members as well as those who are not economically self-sufficient and justl ow income. You need to call your utility company and ask them this. Also try your local Good Samaritan Ministries and Salvation Army. I believe they both have branches in the area.
arellano2k4

Post by arellano2k4 »

thanks for the advice! I'll give the Salvation Army a try, but I have already talked with the Utility company and they told me they do NOT help with deposits only with past due bills or shut offs!

thanks again
mikej23231

Money to pay for utility deposit

Post by mikej23231 »

I am 22 years old and married with a son who is 16 months old. My husband works minimal hours at Walmart in Muskegon. I currently do not work; but attend French Academy of Cosmetology full time. We own our mobile home at 13612 Silverbrook Drive, Grand Haven, Michigan 49417 but pay $289.00 a month. We moved into the park in June 2010 and the park had the electric in there name. Consumers Energy required a $50.00 deposit to turn the power on into my name. We have yet to come up with this deposit money and therefore, Consumers turned off our electric. I am seeking emergency assitance from anyone. Please contact me at 616-796-4681. Thank you, Sarah
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Money to pay for utility deposit

Post by Admin »

Here are various utility and assistance programs for Grand haven Michigan. These agencies should be able to refer you to programs to pay utility and energy bills, as well as other expenses and bills that you may be incurring.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
mikej23231 wrote:I am 22 years old and married with a son who is 16 months old. My husband works minimal hours at Walmart in Muskegon. I currently do not work; but attend French Academy of Cosmetology full time. We own our mobile home at 13612 Silverbrook Drive, Grand Haven, Michigan 49417 but pay $289.00 a month. We moved into the park in June 2010 and the park had the electric in there name. Consumers Energy required a $50.00 deposit to turn the power on into my name. We have yet to come up with this deposit money and therefore, Consumers turned off our electric. I am seeking emergency assitance from anyone. Please contact me at 616-796-4681. Thank you, Sarah
ParkerP

Post by ParkerP »

Good afternoon, i found you info on the internet and I am a disable veteran. My son and I just recently move to Las Vegas, NV because the economy was bad in Arizona, but after moving here and having to pay rent and security deposit for the apartment we are faced with deposits for the utilities and just recently found out that both are social security have been decreased. At this point we are faced with this deposits and bill as well, I have no where to turn and looks like the car that I am trying to keep just in case I need to go to a hospital will probably be repossessed. Please help me with whatever info you can. My son lives with me to help me out due to my disabilities in mobility. Please advise of where i can go to get help. Thank you so much for your attention to this matter. Sincerely
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

I just moved into a small small home from a big big home and carried the light bill over to my new place so I been playing catch up on two bills since January 1st. 2012. I just kicked my grown kids out of the house so i am struggling a little bit on my own. I know its no excuse not to pay my bill in full but when my kids need me to help them with they bills to stay out of my house. I sacrifice myself and do that so i guess i deserve to sit in the dark if i am put my kids first. I am not a bad person. I don't do drugs or drink i just give my money to my kids. Thats my addiction!! My bill is $648.00. I paid 80.00 on that bill on 8/1/2012. My lights have been off since 7/31/2012.
Southwest

Post by Southwest »

I just moved to Raleigh North Carolina from Durham NC a few days ago. When I went to put the power on I was told that it would require a deposit of $300. I was unable to do so my 3 children & I are staying with a friend until I'm able to figure something out. Today my friends landlord told her that my kids & I have until Friday to get out. I need the deposit so I can go home. Please, if there is anything that can be done, I'm open to suggestions..
Immelt1

Post by Immelt1 »

Assistance with initial utilities deposit of $150.00. We had money for apartment rent and deposit, but had to pay 130.00 on an existing bill under my name. The utilities would be under my fiancé’s name, which does not have an outstanding balance. I’ve been off work all week with flu and will not receive a check next week. We have a 4 year old daughter that is my major concern. We have a place to live that has been secured by payment, but are at a standstill until we are able to get the electric turned on.
chuckMac99

Post by chuckMac99 »

I had sent an e-mail to Catholic Charities of Trenton, and Stacey Harris has directed me to you. Below is a copy of the e-mail. Thank you and please contact me at your earliest convenience.

I'm not sure if Catholic Charities can or will help, or which chapter I should send this to...so I ask that if I'm in the wrong place to please forward it accordingly. Thank you. I live in Seaside Park but was displaced for 4 months after Hurricane Sandy. I was able to come home near the end of August. During that time I needed knee surgery (in May) which kept me out of work for 5 months, and I had returned to work in August. There are problems with this Seaside Park home that I'm renting and it's forcing me to relocate my family. I found a house that will be ready for July 1.

My problem is this...in the new house I'm required to put the utilities in my name and I found out that I have an outstanding electric bill from 2006. The electric company will not let me have service until I pay this bill in full ($569.77). I simply don't have enough money for that after the security deposit and first month's rent for the new place. Is it possible that Catholic Charities can help me with this outstanding electric bill so my family and I can move forward? I have attached a copy of the electric bill. Thank you for your time.
Libby

Post by Libby »

I am disabled with 2 children. I have found us a home but need help with electric deposit of 494.08 and help with food. I applied for food stamps but they said I don't qualify for emergency aid. They said this because as of right now I don't have running water and the house that has our stuff in it that I pay rent on now is less than the house I pay for in the future. Pretty much as of right now we are homeless until I get money for this deposit. It is owed to Tri county electric in Lancaster Missouri. Please help.
Trumper

Post by Trumper »

I recently was homeless I now have secured housing but I cannot get electricity on due to deposit. The local agencies will not help me. I also do not have a refrigerator or stove. I have a four year old and I am seeking employment. I only need help once. If you can assist please let me know. I am in Columbus Ohio. I have only until September 12 then my phone will be shut off. God bless you always.