Would be greatful for a hand up...will pay back

State and local government assistance programs.
mumms
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Would be greatful for a hand up...will pay back

Post by mumms »

My husband and I are in our 50's and have both lost our jobs in this economy, lost our home, and have no healthcare, yet we can't get assistance because we are not poor enough.....and we don't have dependents. My husband is a vet, and can't even get the health care he was promised after he served and was honorably discharged. I know that we are not alone in theis struggle and certainly don't have the corner on hardship, we just want to be able to stay in the modest rental home we have and not be homeless. We pay over 800.00 a month in perscriptions(most have no generic form) We could used a little assistance for our rent coming up, we would gladly accept this as a hand-up loan and pay back the loan no matter how long it takes. If you can assist us we would be greatful. Again we do know there are many that need help, we are not special in this, but we don't want to live in a tent, in the winter in the mountains of Washington state. We have been homeless before, and would be greatful if we didn't have to be again. Thank You
helper

Re: Would be greatful for a hand up...will pay back

Post by helper »

Hi. Post your state and I can send you info. I think there are programs for you. For example, your prescriptions, there are ways to get free prescription drugs from drug companies. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... drugs.html
There are other programs that may not be so income dependent as well, such as job training from community action agencies and more. However most of these are at the state level.
Coastal
anti spam: Blue

Post by Coastal »

Good afternoon,
I recently moved here from Urbana IL to the Plover area of the state and I recently started working for the Smith family farms in Plainfield. I have an emergency situation and need a hand up with fuel for my vehicle. I have less than a 1/8 of a tank. Is this something you can help me with? If not, who should I contact for a hand up? My phone was shut off last night also because I couldn't buy my monthly card. My priority is gas for work and doctor appointments. Thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Try the Salvation Army in Illinois. They are one of the many charities that operate under the hand-up concept. In fact, most do. Food, money for bills, and more is given.
Coastal wrote:Good afternoon,
I recently moved here from Urbana IL to the Plover area of the state and I recently started working for the Smith family farms in Plainfield.