State agencies have no rent funding

Find how to get help with rent
VNova
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

State agencies have no rent funding

Post by VNova »

My husband lost his job about 3 weeks ago we have been trying to get jobs but have not been having much luck. We are now 3 weeks behind on our rent and land lord gave us two more weeks before he evicts us. We also have two young children 6,3 i made arrangements with lp&l until the 20 of this month and at most for the 16th of this month. We have called just about all the state assistance programs in New York and non profit charities programs in Long Island and all of them are out of funding. We do have appointment with housing authority at 130 pm tomorrow. I don't know how it is going to go this is our first time to ever need help. Thank you and have a wonderful day.
LindaBurke

Re: State agencies have no rent funding

Post by LindaBurke »

My fiance, our 6 year old daughter and I currently live with my parents. They just received an eviction notice for September 1st. The landlord is fixing up and selling the house we are currently living in. My fiance, my daughter and I are planning on finding a place separate from my parents. The problem is I get SSI $800/month and my fiance is a auto worker but only an apprentice so he's currently not being paid. We have no money saved and were looking for assistance with paying the escrow to get into our own apartment.
I have called so many places for help and have been unable to locate any help. The state is also out of funds for housing. I have found an apartment I can afford on my own but I need help to get in. I have come up with 300 of the 1300 hundred I need to move in. I have 2 little boys and the 6 year old that need a stable place and I am not looking for a hand out just a hand up to get back on my feet. Anything to help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Aggie

Post by Aggie »

Hi, I have four children and one on the way. I have been searching for work in the Port Isabel Los fresnos and Brownsville Texas area. And it was until about two weeks ago I found work in Harlingen. I started last week and the cost of gas to get back and forth to keep work is a lot. So I have not had the money to pay the rent and I'm on the verge to being evicted. I’m asking for one time help the pay my rent. I don’t want to see me and my kids on the streets. We have no where to go and seems like no one has funds. Please respond to my message. Please feel free to call me or email back to this email.
JohnChandler

Post by JohnChandler »

Hello my fiancé and I (and our 3 dogs) have just been evicted after two years of renting from a slum-lord (which I can explain). My fiancé works part time but is only bringing in $400/month and I am currently unemployed. We have gotten all of the help we can from family, the state of Indiana and friends but due to storage, cleaning, packing, motels, etc we have ran out of money.

Seeing all that the little that we do have (especially our pets) mean too much for us to part with (please forgive me but the landlord burned our original unit down after illegally changing the gas lines back in May 12 and we lost everything including 2 cats and a frog. We would love a few hotel vouchers, definitely employment and/ or education services. Thanks for your time. God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately agencies across Texas, and really all states, will run out of funding. Everyone has limited resources and funds. But one place to try for a comprehensive listing is the local community action agency in Brownsville. They may be a great resource for you, and can offer information on rent programs and much more. However the demand for housing is always very high, so there may be waiting lists in place. Find information and number of resources from Texas Community action.
Brice

Post by Brice »

Need assistance in paying my rent, my only money is my saving account and also the assistance I am receiving from the state welfare which is monthly of the amount of $172. I am in process of submitting my SSI NY state. I did applying for SSID for NJ that will take four to five months for approval. I lost my job in February 2014, and lost my unemployment in April 2015 due to my illness, which is a health condition. It affects my mobility and speech, also memory.
Yaneliz Montanez

Post by Yaneliz Montanez »

I'm contacting you in hopes that you may be able to help my family. I live in Jacksonville Florida, Duval County. I've been trying to get help with rent from the state of Florida because my hours have been cut at work and were facing eviction if I can't get the help so desperately needed. We have a 6 year old little girl and I don't want her uprooted from her home
Getting through to the agencies here is almost impossible. If you have any way to help please contact me ASAP. Thank you. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If the state did not have any funding, then try another place for rent help. As there are literally thousands of charities across the nation that are separate from the state. But even getting through to a charity for rent assistance, that both has funding and that you qualify for, will take time.
Yaneliz Montanez wrote:Getting through to the agencies here is almost impossible. If you have any way to help please contact me ASAP. Thank you. Thank you so much.