Waiting on unemployment

State and local government assistance programs.
Skyler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Waiting on unemployment

Post by Skyler »

I was laid off and my old boss has not paid me for the last two months I worked. I have contacted the labor bored, but he is out of the country and nothing can be done until he is back from his vacation. I have found a job for two days a week and I have been doing odd jobs whenever I can, but I do not have enough to cover my rent for this month which is $500. I have $100. My car has also broken down and is no longer working. I am going to loose my apartment and I have no family to help. I filed for unemployment, but that takes time. Please help!!!!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Waiting on unemployment

Post by Admin »

That is not right. You can't be penalized because boss is out of country. He still needs to pay timely unemployment. Talk to a pro-bono attorney for free legal advice to ensure your unemployment kicks in. Will that unemployment help you pay your rent and get you back on track? If so, find free legal aid in Mississippi, and a list of attorneys and other legal professionals who may be able to help you in your situation.
Skyler wrote:I was laid off and my old boss has not paid me for the last two months I worked. I have contacted the labor bored, but he is out of the country and nothing can be done until he is back from his vacation. I have found a job for two days a week and I have been doing odd jobs whenever I can, but I do not have enough to cover my rent for this month which is $500. I have $100. My car has also broken down and is no longer working. I am going to loose my apartment and I have no family to help. I filed for unemployment, but that takes time. Please help!!!!!
NewYork

Post by NewYork »

To whom it may concern i need help to pay my bills my landlord is kicking me my wife and my two children and sick mother in law out of our home not because we havent paid our rent but because she a slum lord and will not fix the home we live in. While we need to get caught up on our bills and to move we had gotten behind because my wife could not find a job and the job i was working at was not paying me right i have worked really hard to take care of my family. We do collect unemployment while my wife looks for a job. My wife lost her father four years ago and we lost everything trying to take care of her family we went homeless for three years living in my sisters living room i had finally got caught up and got our own place and now we both work very hard and all the time and we just need help to get caught up we are so far behind that i cant pay what is late before the next time their due again we will continue to pray for a chance to be stable again so please if you could find it in your heart to help my family we would forever be thankful and hopefully we will one day be able to help a family in need.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that you went from being homeless to living into a new apartment. Even though the landlord is what you say a slum lord, just pay rent until you find a new home. So would you rather live in a apartment or poor condition, or be homeless? Another option to do at same time is report landlord to local housing agency. An apartment does need to have minimal living conditions, or the landlord can possibly be fined and/or arrested. In meantime, find other Indiana assistance programs, including low income housing too. Maybe free legal aid can also help with those poor living conditions too.
NewYork wrote:To whom it may concern i need help to pay my bills my landlord is kicking me my wife and my two children and sick mother in law out of our home not because we havent paid our rent but because she a slum lord and will not fix the home we live in. While we need to get caught up on our bills and to move we had gotten behind because my wife could not find a job and the job i was working at was not paying me right i have worked really hard to take care of my family. We do collect unemployment while my wife looks for a job. My wife lost her father four years ago and we lost everything trying to take care of her family we went homeless for three years living in my sisters living room i had finally got caught up and got our own place and now we both work very hard and all the time and we just need help to get caught up we are so far behind that i cant pay what is late before the next time their due again we will continue to pray for a chance to be stable again so please if you could find it in your heart to help my family we would forever be thankful and hopefully we will one day be able to help a family in need.
JenniferSmiA1

Post by JenniferSmiA1 »

We are a family of three with a 7 year old who have come on hard times, My husband has had his hours severely cut due to the business he works for, I work 6-8 hours per month. We have applied for Unemployment insurance, which I will be receiving within 5 days. He has applied as well but we have not heard when his will start of if it will start. We have received a note 3 day notice to pay or quit! We have no money to pay this and have no where to go and no money to move. We are 4 days behind on the rent $750. They also say we owe $250 for Sept. but I paid all rent for Sept. The note says they want $1000 in 3 days! where can I get help??!! Thank you, we are in Tulare county
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You will need help with a number of bills and expenses it sounds like. Call your landlord right away and clarify the issue on the $250 paid for September. You do not want them to falsely accuse you. Ask for more time in order to pay rent if you are working. Most landlords do have some type of flexibility. In the meantime, use this and many people that I need help can find resources and services for bills and expenses, including rent and other aid.
JenniferSmiA1 wrote:We are a family of three with a 7 year old who have come on hard times, My husband has had his hours severely cut due to the business he works for, I work 6-8 hours per month. We have applied for Unemployment insurance, which I will be receiving within 5 days. He has applied as well but we have not heard when his will start of if it will start. We have received a note 3 day notice to pay or quit! We have no money to pay this and have no where to go and no money to move. We are 4 days behind on the rent $750. They also say we owe $250 for Sept. but I paid all rent for Sept. The note says they want $1000 in 3 days! where can I get help??!! Thank you, we are in Tulare county
Gekko 23

Post by Gekko 23 »

Me, my girlfriend and her three kids (1-5 year old and 1-7 year old and an 8 year old) live here in our home that we have been living in for the past year now. Our lease just expired and we came home one day to see a for sale sign in our front yard. We spoke with our land lord and she said that she has to sell so many of her properties and if ours is picked then we will receive a 30 day notice and be forced to move out. I just unfortunately lost my job a few months ago, am filing for unemployment and my girl friend only works at Wal Mart, which doesn't even pay close to the amount of our bills and rent. It is the 10th of Oct. and we still haven’t even paid this month’s rent ($425) which was due on the 1st (We just can't afford it). We know that they are selling this house real soon so we will be forced to live in our van and car because we just don’t have the income coming in and we don't know what to do. We are prodigiously worried, especially for the kid’s sake. And if that sounds bad, to top it off, we are 2 months behind in our water, gas/lights, cable and phone bills. We don't even have enough extra money to I can put in my gas tank so I can go job searching. Me and my girlfriend are not failure with Des Moines Iowa's assistance programs because we have only lived here a year and never needed to use them. Can anybody help us? We need a BLESSING!!!
jbeers1

Post by jbeers1 »

URGENT - was told from Worknet Pinellas that we qualified for the UpFront Diversion program to help pay rent and electric. At the last minute because my husband NEVER collected or tried to get unemployment, (he has a job but just started) - we all of a sudden became ineligible. We are on food stamps and maybe cash assistance but do not want it. (Cash assistance). Instead, We WANT to stay working but need to pay our rent or we will be homeless/evicted. DCF is aware of all of this and said that we needed to call 211 now for help. Our family is a family of (4) - 2 adults and twin 7 year olds
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We assume you mean Pinellas County in Florida. If so, the Worknet program is not your only option. There are several other emergency and also public assistance programs that may be able to prevent you eviction. There are also food pantries, cash assistance, and more. Click details Pinellas County.
Globe

Post by Globe »

Hey, I am a disabled, unemployed single parent that’s looking for help for my two daughters. I have nothing to give on a fix income that only pay the rent and bills. They are 17 and 16 and size 2 and 7. They need shoes size 8.
We live in Tuscaloosa Alabama 35401. I am asking for help. Please, it’s been hard for me this year. I had surgery and not able to get around like I use to. If I had to I promise you I would not be asking. I have two wonderful girls that don't deserve to be without. They are so smart and will become great people someday.
Please, I ask of you anything. It doesn't matter what you send. It's the thought that counts. May you and your family have a very merry Christmas and thank you again.
Jon Cor Mac

Post by Jon Cor Mac »

I'm in need of help with my bills far as rent I’m in the process of getting eviction and help with going back to school for a medical degree it also means I need help getting a laptop computer for classes so I can get a new job after my unemployment ends. I got behind on everything because I lost my mother and my job. I have tried every services that offers help I have been turned away this is my first time asking for help.
Yahoo 12

Post by Yahoo 12 »

I recently got laid off from my job of 8 years. I don't have the funds to pay my rent for this month. I have filed for unemployment and am waiting on it, but have yet to receive a payment. I have found a cheaper apartment, but won't be able to move in until next month when it's available. I really just need to pay them for this month only and also to get some food. I just don't want them to try to evict me before I can move into my other apartment. Please help, any guidance is appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It seems you may be in Bastrop County. If so, there is food pantries and financial aid too. Also if you worked for 8 years must have some good experience, so try one of the job centers as the economy is booming.
Yahoo 12 wrote:I recently got laid off from my job of 8 years. I don't have the funds to pay my rent for this month. I have filed for unemployment and am waiting on it, but have yet to receive a payment. I have found a cheaper apartment, but won't be able to move in until next month when it's available. I really just need to pay them for this month only and also to get some food. I just don't want them to try to evict me before I can move into my other apartment. Please help, any guidance is appreciated.
Thebeagle

Post by Thebeagle »

I've been looking for work DILIGENTLY since I was wrongfully terminated from my former employer. I've been tied up in appeals court waiting for my unemployment and in the process, have been unable to obtain a job although I am interviewing when presented the with the chance. I'm at risk of losing what I've worked for since I restarted with nothing almost 3 years ago, alone, and in a city where I knew no one. My parents are dead, my mother most recently which was 7 months ago and most of my savings went to that WHILE employed. My 5 day arrived, electric is going is to be shut off and I've traveled all avenues to attempt to find security for my apartment. I have no family and my 27th birthday is next Monday. I'm losing hope while I am wiating on unemployment and need help. I've run out of miracles.