Any Ideas????

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
evien
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Any Ideas????

Post by evien »

Hello, My name is Ev and here is my mom's story. My mom lost her apartment and now my mom and my sister are staying with my grandparents. My sister is severely autistic, she is 17. My mom does not work because my sister is a full time job, so to get by she is in the IHSS program which is where she receives money from the state because she takes care of my sister. My mom is also enrolled in Medi-cal and receives food assistance as well. My mom is trying to collect child support from my dad to get off the food assistance program and the medi-cal program but not much is happening there. Now that she is staying with my grandparents she is being told that she will be cut off from the food stamps, IHSS is going to lower the amount that she receives, and Medi-cal is going to charge her a $800 co-pay. She did not want to move in with my grandparents because at times my sister becomes slightly physical and agitated and my mother did not want to burden my grandparents. Before she lost the apartment we researched charities and several assistance programs to help my mom and my sister find another place to live and she was turned down due to exhaustion of funds. She now resides in Kern county, Ca with my grandparents and I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs or assistance to help my mom and my sister get a place of their own. Thank you so much for reading this story.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Any Ideas????

Post by Admin »

That is great that you are looking out for your mom, and we read every story. You mentioned you have called some charities and programs, but we will provide some names for you. If you called them already great. If not, try them. Many may be able to provide her access to food banks, pantries, or maybe low income housing. Get information on Kern County assistance programs and charities. As far as housing and rental assistance programs, find help with rent in Kern County and the Bakersfield area.
evien wrote:Hello, My name is Ev and here is my mom's story. My mom lost her apartment and now my mom and my sister are staying with my grandparents. My sister is severely autistic, she is 17. My mom does not work because my sister is a full time job, so to get by she is in the IHSS program which is where she receives money from the state because she takes care of my sister. My mom is also enrolled in Medi-cal and receives food assistance as well. My mom is trying to collect child support from my dad to get off the food assistance program and the medi-cal program but not much is happening there. Now that she is staying with my grandparents she is being told that she will be cut off from the food stamps, IHSS is going to lower the amount that she receives, and Medi-cal is going to charge her a $800 co-pay. She did not want to move in with my grandparents because at times my sister becomes slightly physical and agitated and my mother did not want to burden my grandparents. Before she lost the apartment we researched charities and several assistance programs to help my mom and my sister find another place to live and she was turned down due to exhaustion of funds. She now resides in Kern county, Ca with my grandparents and I was wondering if anyone knew of any programs or assistance to help my mom and my sister get a place of their own. Thank you so much for reading this story.
Phil
anti spam: Blue

Re: Any Ideas????

Post by Phil »

Hello,
I live in Greencastle, IN. Last week during the huge rains we had my basement flooded. I lost my furnace, hot water heater, new washer and dryer, along with many other items. My basement is really in need of repair. I also need help replacing the items lost. I don't have insurance to cover the expenses. I have no where to go for help. Can you give me any assistance? FEMA has not declared the state as a disaster area. My air conditioner will not work this summer if my furnace is not replaced. I am a single mom. I have three children at home. They range in age from five to 15. I am also a full time student trying to better my life. I just can't seem to get ahead no matter how I try or how hard I work. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
Best,