Laid off and need Rental & Utility help

Find how to get help with rent
data entry
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Laid off and need Rental & Utility help

Post by data entry »

I've been laid off from my job and receive unemployment of only $35 a week. I'm desperately trying to find employment, but no one has called me in for an interview or I received emails stating I'm over qualified for the jobs. Now I'm struggling to get my rent paid and my utilities paid also. I am a single mom of one child who's father is deceased and we are unable to recieve SS because he didn't work long enough when he was living...Please help........
Single Mom,
New Orleans, La
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Laid off and need Rental & Utility help

Post by Admin »

Here is information on rent assistance programs in New Orleans Louisiana. I think one of the first places you want to contact is Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans, which can be reached at 504-523-3755. They provide financial assistance and advice.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html

Also try contacting the Louisiana based Total Community Action, Inc. at (504) 872-0334 for aid and info.
data entry wrote:I've been laid off from my job and receive unemployment of only $35 a week. I'm desperately trying to find employment, but no one has called me in for an interview or I received emails stating I'm over qualified for the jobs. Now I'm struggling to get my rent paid and my utilities paid also. I am a single mom of one child who's father is deceased and we are unable to recieve SS because he didn't work long enough when he was living...Please help........
Single Mom,
New Orleans, La
Smith99

Post by Smith99 »

Yes this is a single mother of 4 girls with very low income as was recently laid off from my job. I am need of assistance on my rent and utilities.I need a referral of where i can go or for someone to please call me. I live in Blair County Pennsylvania. I also need help with thanksgiving and christmas meals and gifts if anyone get this can they please call me. Thank you and may god bless whoever gets this email
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is info on Christmas and holiday assistance programs. You can get Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, and maybe even toys and gifts for your kids. There are programs like the Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, and holiday meals. Most are run and offered by the Salvation Army and your local community action agency.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Smith99 wrote:Yes this is a single mother of 4 girls with very low income as was recently laid off from my job. I am need of assistance on my rent and utilities.I need a referral of where i can go or for someone to please call me. I live in Blair County Pennsylvania. I also need help with thanksgiving and christmas meals and gifts if anyone get this can they please call me. Thank you and may god bless whoever gets this email
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I live in Northern Ky. I was evicted from my foreclosed home and had two days to break it to my children and get everything out. We had no chance to establish an apartment so all of our belongings are at my mom's. We are now in our apartment with no furniture or money to get moving men to retrieve it. We need help for first months rent, and to pay the utility deposit to get service set up. We have blow up air mattresses, that's it. We need help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that the Davies County area? And here are some programs and agencies that help with rent and utility security deposits. The Audubon Area Community Services, Inc. is the main place to call for help. Phone (270) 686-1600
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dav ... _prog.html
Pablo wrote:I live in Northern Ky. I was evicted from my foreclosed home and had two days to break it to my children and get everything out. We had no chance to establish an apartment so all of our belongings are at my mom's. We are now in our apartment with no furniture or money to get moving men to retrieve it. We need help for first months rent, and to pay the utility deposit to get service set up. We have blow up air mattresses, that's it. We need help
Peruiu

Post by Peruiu »

I am 1800 behind on my rent And had a seven day notice posted on my door. They cut hours at work that is one reason I am behind I am caught up on all my other bills. If I could just get caught up with the back rent I would be fine. An would be able to be on time with everything right now and be out of the red. I would be able to balance and juggle things better and finally be able to actually get ahead save some money. Also be on time with everything.
Irene

Post by Irene »

Hello I am a mother of two beautiful kids ages 3 and 4 and live in Tucson. I need help I had gotten suspended from my job for a week due to arriving late I had no one to watch my kids and couldn't make it to work on time . But of course they don't care about that and suspended me . Due to this I was not able to come up with the money needed to pat my rent now I am 3 days from losing my kids and my home please I don't know what else to do my rent is 1100 I only have 500 for my rent if there is anyway you can help me please let me know I don't want to lose my kids and my home please contact me on email or on my cell thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you were suspended for just a week, sounds like a very short term rent problem. Anyone you can borrow the money from just for the week? Will the landlord give you some extra time to get caught up since very short term. If not, then look into help with rent in Tucson. A number of non-profits and government programs can help, such as the City of Tucson Housing and Community Development Department with their Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. Phone 520-791-4171. Or the Pima County Community Action Agency is always a great resource, and their number is 520-243-6700.
Irene wrote:Hello I am a mother of two beautiful kids ages 3 and 4 and live in Tucson. I need help I had gotten suspended from my job for a week due to arriving late I had no one to watch my kids and couldn't make it to work on time . But of course they don't care about that and suspended me . Due to this I was not able to come up with the money needed to pat my rent now I am 3 days from losing my kids and my home please I don't know what else to do my rent is 1100 I only have 500 for my rent if there is anyway you can help me please let me know I don't want to lose my kids and my home please contact me on email or on my cell thank you
Bootle

Post by Bootle »

I need assistance paying rent as well as utilities. I am a 45 year old single mother with 4 children under the age of 20. I have been unable to work due to medical issues. I have been receiving AFDC in the amount of 181.00 and food stamps but it simply isn't enough. I have no agencies to turn to since I have been helped or they cannot offer any help. Please if there is anything you can do to help I truly need it. I can survive living on the street if I had to but my children cannot. Nor do I ever want to lose them for not being able to provide the things they need. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you looked into some of the government programs, such as HUD housing or homeless prevention (which is used for people who have lost their jobs)? They are not local agencies, so maybe they have funds for you. Or if not, at least advice. A robust listing of these rental assistance programs can be found at our main resource. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
Also be sure to explore section 8 housing.

Bootle wrote:I need assistance paying rent as well as utilities. I am a 45 year old single mother with 4 children under the age of 20. I have been unable to work due to medical issues. I have been receiving AFDC in the amount of 181.00 and food stamps but it simply isn't enough. I have no agencies to turn to since I have been helped or they cannot offer any help. Please if there is anything you can do to help I truly need it. I can survive living on the street if I had to but my children cannot. Nor do I ever want to lose them for not being able to provide the things they need. Thank you.
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

Hi, I reside in Las Vegas NV. I just found out about this program this morning on June 20, 2013. As of July 21, 2013 at 12 noon, I will be homeless. I just relocated from southern Oregon and I was let go from my job here in Las Vegas and am now going to be on the streets. I have been walking everywhere trying to find work, and I have poor health, but am still willing and able to work. I urgently need financial assistance with paying my rent starting today. My rent due for tomorrow is only $186, but I do not have the funds. I was living in my car, but my car has broken down and is not in operable condition. I have absolutely no money in my account and I can prove it. I currently have $1.84 in my account. I also have no more change for bus fare. I am asking for someone to please help me. It is very, very urgent. Unfortunately, my resources are very limited, but I am requesting a response asap please. I also have no food. Please help me. I'm not a drug dealer, and I'm not a drunk. I've just been experiencing some really bad hardships. I am currently located near the Flamingo in Las Vegas, NV. Thank you and God bless.
Kevin L

Post by Kevin L »

I recently got a new job so I would make enough money to pay all bills comfortably. I got let go and I'm not able to make rent this month. I am from flint Michigan and my 3 year old daughter will be thrilled if we find help! Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You can always try the Salvation Army in Flint. They often have programs for single moms, and since you have a 3 year old daughter, that may qualify you. While the rent help is rare, they may have referrals and/or other housing options for you too. Here are details. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... stanc.html
Erica

Post by Erica »

I was laid-off by the job I had for 18 years. I have not been able to find a job and the unemployment office stopped sending unemployment checks. I don't have money to pay for anything and most important the rent. I need assistance for rent and utility at least 3 months while I continue to search for a full time job. Any monetary assistance you could provide is appreciated. Carmen