Power and lights turn off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
High Werd
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Power and lights turn off

Post by High Werd »

My power has been recently shut off. I was already having problems due to water leakage under my apartment so my bedroom became uninhabitable. I intermittently was staying there while waiting for my bedroom floor to dry from water leak. I came home one day to no power. I have a 15 year old student and an 11 yr old. I am a single mom finding it hard to find work as I was laid-off over 1 yr ago. I am extremely strapped for funds; every penny I get goes to my rent and my bills get put aside. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Bobbie13

Post by Bobbie13 »

Please help me. I need help paying my utility bill, water bill, and I really need help paying the rent. The rent is around 900 dollars. I need TANF because I don't have a job. I'm trying to find one but no one is hiring me. Please help me. I need housing as well the power bills are too much. The water bill is around 200 dollars and it all costs just too much. Please help me. I'm unemployed, please I'm a single mom. Help me with these bills. I live in Texas and have no transportation and I can't even go anywhere to apply. Please apply for me. Please help me. I have four kids and I am a widow.
chass

Post by chass »

My lights are getting turned off tomorrow morning. I have a 2 year old son and I am pregnant. I am unable to pay the bill right now because my fiancé's checks have been held by the company he works for and they wont be paying him for another week or so.

Aiken Barnwell wont help me because I lived with my mom within the last year and she got help with them. I have asked several churches. No government help can help fast enough as my bill is due today by 5:00. I have done everything in my power to keep them on and we have ran out of luck. Please help me. Because he isn't getting paid we can't even buy Christmas. Everything right now is a struggle please help us.
Cooker

Post by Cooker »

I just had my power turned off. I have 4 kids and right now no way to pay it. The county denied me. Bridges of hope won't do anything more unless I can prove that it won't happen again. Well I can't prove anything for at least another two weeks. They didn’t tell me what they were needing for proof. I really need my power back on as I have kids I need to take care of. Please help me! Thank you!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Isn't Bridges of Hope in Michigan? If so, there are programs for paying lights bills in that state. So they focus on homes with kids (like you) and they provide many other forms of support too. Also, can you prove the power won't be shut off again? As any charity will not that proof too. But try the other utility bill assistance programs in Michigan.
Cooker wrote:I just had my power turned off. I have 4 kids and right now no way to pay it. The county denied me. Bridges of hope won't do anything more unless I can prove that it won't happen again. Well I can't prove anything for at least another two weeks. They didn’t tell me what they were needing for proof. I really need my power back on as I have kids I need to take care of. Please help me! Thank you!!
Superaging

Post by Superaging »

Well this has been a bad time for me and my family. Our lights are due on the
12th to be shut off and my water has been shut off also.
I've tried to come Up with the money. I've asked family and friends. I have 3 kids stay with me 2 of which is disabled with autism and the other ADHD and opposition defiant and a 2 year old. We are needing real help here will be able to pay back At end of month. The light bill is 190 and water is about the same. Please Help.
Martin10

Post by Martin10 »

Hello,
My family need help paying our light bill. I was looking on the website and would like to discuss getting help. If you would please contact me back I would appreciate it. I would prefer speaking over the phone with an employee. I wasn't able to find out the contact number.
Friedman

Post by Friedman »

I haven't had power in over a month. It's just me and my fiancé living at are home. She is in the middle of looking for a job because last job the business closed down so they know longer needed any employees. I'm working make alright money, but I have to pay $700 I'm child support every month, there still going by my income from my last job. I'm working a different job and don't get paid as much, and I don't Have a meeting to change my child support payment to lower it anyway and let them know I have changed jobs until August. I have a $600 Mortgage payment. To try and save money we don't even use propane we cool off little grills and stuff like that. We only have 1 vehicle that keeps giving us problems but I'm just glad it's still getting us back and forth to places. But my power bill has ran all the way up to $800. I really need help I don’t know what else to do. We have been using a generator but it's only 2 drop cords we can plug in and plug in other cords to those. That's just for lights. We really can't even but any food because we java have no refrigerator to keep it fresh I just really need help. If you could please call me or my fiancé, and thank you so much.