Laid off and Desperately need money for rent

Find how to get help with rent
kellie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Laid off and Desperately need money for rent

Post by kellie »

My fiance lost his job at the same time I was laid off, we cant take conventional loans, unemployment isnt enough to cover rent and utilities. The phone bill is high and we cant just let it get shut off either, not when you need it on to get calls from potential jobs I am looking for help with 130.00 in back rent for December still owed(which I got an evict notice on) and the 436.00 monthly amount due on the 1st of January. The agencies in Michigan have not helped me either funds depleted and the fact they dont help people as well if you dont have children. The church I've had help from once before can only help every six months. Is anyone out there who can help me in any way? If you can help, I will give you exact address and phone number to landlord at Apt. complex for the transaction.
Thank you,
Kellie in Michigan
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Laid off and Desperately need money for rent

Post by Admin »

Try the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-housing Program (HPRP). Here is some info on it. However, your best bet is to contact your local community action agency and ask if they offer this program. It provides rent funds that can last anywhere from a few months up to 18 months. They also have money for utility bills from it, and the program was created from the federal government stimulus program.
http://www.ewashtenaw.org/government/de ... 9_HPRP_RFQ
Singlemom

Post by Singlemom »

I have been severely ill and lost my home....I have an apartment but I cannot pay the rent (due to outrageous medical & DENTAL BILLS!) I will be evicted soon and have no money and nowhere to go.....I have $2.00 to my name until NOV.30,2011. MY car insurance is going to be cancelled. I was laid off and I am on disability now but I can't make it anymore on $ 850.00 a month. my teeth are falling out and i wanna die....my family & friends have abandoned me...please help me!! I am a single mother who does not have a home. I can not afford an apartment on my own and as of right now i am not eligible for state assistance because i was terminated from a state funded shelter. I need help and soon seeing as I just found out that Im expecting again. I am actively looking for employment but can not obtain it do to my housing situation, Myself and my 5 month old are bouncing around from house to house. Please help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try this for assistance with housing expenses, rent, and cash grants in Mississippi. We do have information on both dental and medical bills too, so look into consolidation and other ways to tackle those expenses first. They of course may be able to get back on track with rent or other bills. Even though were terminated from a shelter, anyway to apply for other state programs, or charity housing programs like Salvation Army or Catholic Charities in Mississippi? Here are the Mississippi assistance programs for you.
Singlemom wrote:I have been severely ill and lost my home....I have an apartment but I cannot pay the rent (due to outrageous medical & DENTAL BILLS!) I will be evicted soon and have no money and nowhere to go.....I have $2.00 to my name until NOV.30,2011. MY car insurance is going to be cancelled. I was laid off and I am on disability now but I can't make it anymore on $ 850.00 a month. my teeth are falling out and i wanna die....my family & friends have abandoned me...please help me!! I am a single mother who does not have a home. I can not afford an apartment on my own and as of right now i am not eligible for state assistance because i was terminated from a state funded shelter. I need help and soon seeing as I just found out that Im expecting again. I am actively looking for employment but can not obtain it do to my housing situation, Myself and my 5 month old are bouncing around from house to house. Please help us.
Merril

Post by Merril »

I just received my dispossessor warrant. I don't have the money to pay the rent at this time. I've gone on my third interview after being laid off. I'm told the decision would be made today or tomorrow and training will start next week. I will be evicted by that time will someone help me. Rent is $692 excluding water which is 54.00. Then there is the late fee of $125.00 and the filing fee of $200 total $1071.59. Salvation army issued a check for $200 to my subdivision. So the $200 should be waived. Please can you help me or please me with someone that can. My daughter is 1 month shy of graduating high school, and I would like to live here and not on the streets when this happens. Thank you.
Campbell

Post by Campbell »

My family is moments away from being homeless. Our last apartment of 4 years, was lost to foreclosure and we were left scampering for a place to live. My Mother offered to let us stay with her for a short period, my stepfather is against this. Our time here is almost over, I am applying for disability as was laid off due to back issues. But my wife works full time, twelve dollars an hour. Any advice would be appreciated.
Philly Serty

Post by Philly Serty »

Hello, I live in Hampton VA, and I'm seeking assistance for myself and grandmother. First for myself.
I've been in need of housing assistance for 2 years now, before that I've been on section 8 list in Hampton VA, since 20010. I’ve always wrote. They when I was trying to check on my status, or if anything concerning my case had changed. Though I was always told that the list is closed, or I was not next on the list. So I live with my grandma and she is elderly. She has owned her home for over 30 years and certain things need repairs But she don’t have finances she needs. I saw that on your site you all help people get repairs so that their home will be safe and in good living condition. If you. Can assistance us or know who may, please email back on either details. I'd greatly appreciate the assistance. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you were laid off, your chances of getting rent help are slim. That is unless you have a serious job prospect. As if you do not have income, a charity will be hesitant to assist as what will you do the following months? How will you pay other bills?
Anyhow, you can try a case manager to apply. We have details on programs that may assist you all over our site. A good starting point is here, and read rent help for the unemployed..
Jackpot

Post by Jackpot »

I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and not working and Desperate. My boyfriend who has been our biggest provider just lost his job. Right before he lost his job we had a shut off notice for electric. By calling them and letting them in on what's going on financially with me not able to work they gave an extension. Now he has completely lost his job and now we do not have our Rent money and Desperately need help. Our landlord has giving us to the 18th of November to get it together but we are not able to get it in time. My boyfriend is waiting on multiple jobs to call back stating that he can start (waiting on back ground check, which is completely clean) but it still takes a while to come back. And I'm so scared we're not going to have a home to bring our newborn home too.
Darsi

Post by Darsi »

Good evening. My name is Sunsharay and I have until May 15, 2023 to come up with the remaining balance of back rent that's due. I was laid off and am desperate for rent money.
I didn't even know I owed this amount until February of this year. I have no idea what I will do if Me and my son gets evicted. I've never been through anything like this before and it's so stressful. My beginning balance was $5,747. I've contacted a few Church's and organizations that help with paying rent. I myself have paid $992 so far, but I'll be paying my rent tomorrow then my $992 will be $1,142 all 5ogetber that I've paid so far. I've spoken with Father from Our Lady of Victory Church who said he could possibly help with $1,000 only if other agencies could help also and that he needed confirmation of proof that other places were helping.
I also have spoke to Diana from Catholic Charities and she said they could help with $1,000 also only if I raised or found other people to help. Swales from Hope & Healing is helping with $565 and I have the approval letter for me that she sent in an email if you need that. The remaining balance is $2,040. I've contacted a bunch of different places with no success recently.
I have 11 days to get the balance now that I have no job and was laid off. I'm not asking or expecting for the remaining balance to be paid by one person, Church or organization. Any amount will help me me out tremendously. I can't afford to be evicted. All Salvation Army's are out of funds, some won't help unless I'm apart of their community, so it been really stressful lately. If someone could email me, text or call me as soon as possible. I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not sure exactly where that may be, but seem to indicate Waco? If so, then look here for options for McLennan County and the city of Waco rent assistance. As there are different programs that may help you. Find details on emergency Waco TX rent assistance programs.
Darsi wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:22 am Good evening. My name is Sunsharay and I have until May 15, 2023 to come up with the remaining balance of back rent that's due. I was laid off and am desperate for rent money.