Rent assistance, Food stamps.....

State and local government assistance programs.
City Girl
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent assistance, Food stamps.....

Post by City Girl »

My girlfriend and I have both lost our jobs unexpectedly. We need urgent help with food and rent assistance. Our rent is 450/month in Riverside California. We have no other bills just need a hand with rent and food until we can find jobs! We are both aggressively looking for work and new jobs, and are optimistic. I need help with paying my rent just for the month of June. I am very low own money due to the a doctors visit for my unborn child.
Merril

Post by Merril »

I am a month and a half behind on my rent. my utilities are behind and they just added another $500 on to my bill due to my ex-husband. My phone and internet were shut off. I have a decent job but its not enough to pay everything and still keep groceries in the house and gas in the car. I have three boys that I am completely responsible for and get food stamps for. It is important that I am on the verge of losing everything including my job and my mind. Please point me in the direction of someone that can help.
Ridley

Post by Ridley »

Hello. We live in Sunland Park, as you may see from my profile, I have a family of 3 and am divorced with grand parents living with me too. I applied to NM Human Services and was denied food stamps. I am a disabled truck driver and unable to work due to my illness. We only have my disability income, but with a $900/month rent, it only leaves me with literally $200. I would like to know where and if we qualify for emergency food. I am literally feeding my kids hard tortillas and bread. My 5 year old daughter often goes to her friends house to eat. I cannot feed them all. I also need some help paying the rent. I have paid most of it and I only owe $240 for this month. Rent is $900 per month, and so I gave the landlady a bit and now I need to pay the $240 Balance. If you can help, that would be great. Is there a way you can help or guide me in the right direction? I am honestly running out of options. I went to apply for a job at one of those temp agencies and was turned down. I need some help please. Thank you much, God Bless.
Copper

Post by Copper »

Currently I am in the applied/reviewing process for claiming SSDI. I also have an attorney. I am 32 years old with Ankylosis Spondylitis (chronic painful inflammation in my spinal column AND joint/cartilage disease: Degenerative Disc Disease). My family household is self, husband, and my 4 teenaged children, ages 12-18.
We are living in a 1 bedroom apartment. Recently, my spouse had lost his job, basic due to his back seized up, kept him bed-ridden for nearly a week. My husband has similar spinal disease as I. We have no money to pay our Rent ($615-due on 1st, 4th for the grace period) AND our electric PGE payment of (near $200-due on the 10th).
We do collect SNAP food stamps, my husband is currently doing all he can to locate work. We do not know where to turn for assistance, nor have we found ourselves in such a financial hardship. We also have a service dog for myself, that my Doctor recommended for me as part of my treatment. We are devastated, fearful, ashamed and broke-so broke that we do not even have money for Tri-Met/MAX transportation. We do not own a vehicle and nor do we drive. Please reply with any resourceful counsel and/or assistance you might have for our family of 6, well 7 including my service dog.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Often times a community action agency can help with a diverse number of needs, and there are some in New Mexico and Sundland. That income of $900 is not enough as you said, and disabled people can often still be retrained for less strenuous jobs. So try the community action agency for more personal guidance that you need. Read more New Mexico community action.
Orman

Post by Orman »

I am a single mother to an almost 14 year old daughter. My daughter has Autism Spectrum Disorder. I work full time, I just recently began a job at the Franklin YMCA. I took this job because it provides me with childcare and programming for my daughter at a reduced cost. However, in light of recent circumstances, I am struggling to pay my bills and rent on my own.
I was forced to take a lot of time off at my previous job because my daughter was in crisis at school this past year. I went through court proceedings with the Bureau of Special Education Appeals regarding my daughter's summer programming which I felt was inappropriate for her since they took away all OT and all therapeutic services for her. Ultimately, I won the case (without a lawyer since I could not afford one) however the process was long and time consuming (not to mention difficult and stressful) and as I mentioned took me away from work a good deal of the time.
I had to cut my hours at my previous job so that I could work on the case and offer support to her that she was not getting at school. Now I am in a position where I have a good job and childcare in place but I am behind on my rent (about two months) and my bills. I don't really know where else to turn as I have no other resources. If there is any guidance or help you could offer me it would be much appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have no children, and need all of that help, then try the low income grant programs offered. But if you only work 5 hours per day, work more. Get a full time job. The market is booming in Omaha...the unemployment rate is like 3%. We also have information on clinics and medical care on the site as well. All of the resources, for rent, food, and more, are listed.
Girl34

Post by Girl34 »

I don't know where 2 start, but I am seriously desperate. I am about 2 lose my house, because my income decreased, and I am 3 an a half months behind in rent and water. I have been able 2 pay my gas and electric, which I am on a very strict payment plans, I lost my food stamps.
Can you please help me and my family?
Please contact me.
Entresto

Post by Entresto »

Yes, I have 3 kids & I need help with my rent, light & water bill, food stamps application and also help with my kids Christmas. I work home health & the lady I take care of died so I've been out of work for 4 months until two days ago. I work for a new agency but I only get 10-12 hours a week, which means I qualify for food aid and rent help. Please help me & my kids. I’m at a very hard place right now. I just need a little help I would highly appreciated it. Thanks so much.