How to pay for a MRI

Help with paying medical bills
CBC
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

How to pay for a MRI

Post by CBC »

Your was very helpful and informative. I need some info regarding financial assistance for my brother. He is not able to work at this time and he needs to have an MRI. He cannot afford to have this done. Can you please tell me if you have any assistance available. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to pay for a MRI

Post by Admin »

He may just need to borrow money/take a loan from the hospital. Then, when he is able to work and brings in an income, he can pay off that debt. Medical care is always a prioirty, such as a MRI. So if your brother has to enter into a plan with the doctor, then he can do so and then consolidate the medical debts later with his future income.
Stewards

Post by Stewards »

I am in need of one-time help paying for an MRI. In addition I need one time rental assistance help. Will try to make this short. I am a senior citizen who underwent major back surgery a year ago. I seemed to be getting better but appear to be having a setback and severe pain now. I moved out of my apartment when I had the surgery to live with my sister while recovering; when things looked better, I moved into my own apartment. The first month hit me with unexpected bills. I was running from doctor to doctor, as I have a few health issues, but my main concern was my back.
I was having severe back pain again and the doctor ordered another MRI. With the deposit and pro rate rent I had to pay to move in; plus, the unexpected doctor bills (co-payments, prescriptions, etc.), I found myself in a jam. Now I moved back into the same development I had lived in for almost two years (paying my rent two weeks in advance the entire time) and found myself unable to pay the first month’s rent when due (January 1st) because I receive my social security check on the third Wednesday of every month, putting that at September 20th.
I do not have the money to pay my rent and am facing the possibility of eviction. Even if they agreed to wait until September 20th to be paid, that is supposed to be August rent and so on and so forth. I only receive one check a month and see no way to get myself in the position I was before when I was always ahead of the game. I am facing the possibility of having to stand on long lines (which is understandable with all the people seeking help), but I do not walk very well, am in extreme pain and I am wearing a back brace until I can pay for the MRI. Can you help me pay for a MRI or tell me what I can do so that I do not lose my apartment? I got help from my sister when I stayed with her during recovery, but we do not really have a close relationship and I cannot go back and live with her and I have nowhere else to go. My income is enough that I can pay my rent, but I just need this one-time assistance while I await the results of the MRI, and pray he does not recommend another back surgery, which I do not think I will agree to anyway. This is very long and I am sure I have left out a lot, but I need help. I have only lived here for 3 years, originally from New York and I feel so helpless and lost. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some cancer co-payment assistance programs. Maybe they can give medications too or cover some of the other medical bills from a co-payment from an hospital, doctor, or MRI.

There are some
Stewards wrote:I was having severe back pain again and the doctor ordered another MRI. With the deposit and pro rate rent I had to pay to move in; plus, the unexpected doctor bills (co-payments, prescription, etc.)