Section 8 has a long waiting list

Find how to get help with rent
Ridley
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Section 8 has a long waiting list

Post by Ridley »

Looking for Section 8 or rental assistance help for my daughter who is homeless with her 5 year old daughter and pet dog in the state of NJ in the County of Burlington located in central New Jersey. I have exhausted all resources given to me by the Board of social services in Burlington County. And the Town and State and other towns as well. All charitable resources are also tapped out of funds, and unable to help her with rental assistance. There are no affordable apartments in her town and the Sayreville Housing Authority has not accepted my letter of hardship on behalf of my daughter because the applications for Section 8 has been closed as of June 2012, when she missed the opening dates, when she didn't know the ad was in the newspaper, and neither did I. She could have gone into the housing for an application and possibly been put on the list for rental assistance, although I was told that list would not be opened for 2 years and it opened sooner than the two year period of time from when we had called last. It's been almost two years trying to get help, and she has been evicted beginning of Oct. 2012 from her apartment with no place to go. Are there any grants or other funds available, you can suggest which can help? Thank you for your response. A very concerned mother and grandmother.
ASorkin

Re: Section 8 has a long waiting list

Post by ASorkin »

Live in Spokane, WA. I can not work because of health. Can't make rent. 14 years living in the same place. I was set down to a place that I was told they had section 8 housing and emergency money for people to make rent. Told me they didn't have funding until October Looking at all my options for just a little bit of help. They seem to all lead back to section 8 and HUD. I don't really understand all of it. I'm on a subsidized rental program but 3 to 6 up to 3 years for one to come open. I can't wait that long. Please e-mail back.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Hello, I am interested in re-locating to Nashua NH. I currently reside in NYC where I was born and raised. I would like to apply for your section 8 housing program. Can you please provide me with the link to download the application or mail me hard copy so I can start the application process and don't need to wait. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.
SmithWade

Post by SmithWade »

Need to get section 8 voucher in Mecklenburg county and not only is there a long waiting list but the entire process has been closed by Charlotte Housing Authority. What is one to do since I have never been in this situation and at nearly 60 years old I' have never asked or applied for any kind of assistance. I continue to work full time as I always have, and yet my income cannot keep up with rising prices of everything.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Most section 8 programs in North Carolina have many month (or multiple year) waiting lists. This is also true for the entire country. There are hundreds of thousands of people seeking affordable housing nationwide. Being 60, maybe look into senior supportive housing. Or also get a roommate. Unfortunately there are no easy solutions in Charlotte or anywhere as inflation is greater than annual wage increase. Anyhow, here are some tips on applying for section 8 in North Carolina.