What is TANF?

State and local government assistance programs.
michelledoucette20

What is TANF?

Post by michelledoucette20 »

What exactly is TANF, and how do I apply for TANF assistance? Can someone please send me an application. What can of aid and support does it give familes. I live in Florida and is this a state, low income program or something?
helper
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: What is TANF?

Post by helper »

TANF is in all states, including Florida, and it was created to provide help and assistance to needy families so that the familes and children may be cared for in their own homes or may even receive aid in the homes of relative. More info for Florida TANF at
http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/ess/tanfweb.shtml
Jane Mary
anti spam: Blue

Post by Jane Mary »

To whom it may concern
I am writing in regards to finding out as much information as possible for a very close friend of mine. She has 6 children, lives in Elton, LA, and the children's father is being of no help to her. She recently had her electricity turned off due to nonpayment. She currently has no job and her only source of help at this time is Louisiana SNAP and also TANF benefits. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. Concerned friend
Baptist

Post by Baptist »

I have 4 people in my home, my wife and my two children and my wife is also four and a half months pregnant. I am the only one working and the bills are too much for me to handle. I only make $10 dollars an hour and we are on TANF cash aid.
I am in the process of searching for a better paying job. My rent is $850 a month and I could only afford $400 of that amount for this month. The rent was due on the 11th and I owe $450 plus a $43 late fee. PLEASE help me if you can. I want my family to be in home. Please contact me as soon as possible and let me know if I can be assisted. Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As part of that TANF program, you should be receiving job training from the government. As we agree, $10 per hour is just not enough income to keep up. Also, why is your wife not working? Even though she is pregnant she should still be able to hold down a job. As far as the cash assistance, find more details on how TANF works.
Chelesa

Post by Chelesa »

My family was on TANF with DSHS. I received a new job that put our income over the limit for TANF (what is the limit BTW), but in the transition we fell behind on rent. I make enough throughout the monthly to cover our monthly expenses but we aren't able to get out the past due balance. We are looking for assistance to help with the past due amount for rent of $1136, and what will TANF pay?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

the best place to learn about TANF in Nevada is the social service office. There is also one called ACCESS Nevada which you may find useful. There is a tool free number for this.
Chelesa wrote:My family was on TANF with DSHS. I received a new job that put our income over the limit for TANF (what is the limit BTW), but in the transition we fell behind on rent.