Sick and fell behind on bills

Help with paying medical bills
Rachel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Sick and fell behind on bills

Post by Rachel »

I have been very sick for the past 2 years. I owe over $1,300 in medical bills. I am needing to get a 48 hour EEG but I can't afford to right now. I also pay $150 in rent every month, $28 for car insurance, $100 for car payment each month. I also owe almost $750 in credit card debt which I plan to pay off and not use the card again. Plus I owe $2,868.42 in student loans. My total debt comes to almost $6,000 not including the rent and car insurance every month. I can't even afford rent anymore. I don't know what to do anymore.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Sick and fell behind on bills

Post by Admin »

Well you definitely need to address that debt, and of course get some help with your rent. Medical debts and bills should be the lowest priority in paying, as their collection tactics are usually not as aggressive. Pay off and eliminate the credit card debts first. Find our extensive listing of debt assistance programs and services. You can consolidate, try settlement, and many other options and programs.
Rachel wrote:I have been very sick for the past 2 years. I owe over $1,300 in medical bills. I am needing to get a 48 hour EEG but I can't afford to right now. I also pay $150 in rent every month, $28 for car insurance, $100 for car payment each month. I also owe almost $750 in credit card debt which I plan to pay off and not use the card again. Plus I owe $2,868.42 in student loans. My total debt comes to almost $6,000 not including the rent and car insurance every month. I can't even afford rent anymore. I don't know what to do anymore.
Instant

Post by Instant »

I am deaf and stay at home mom of 2 kids.. I don’t have much money to cover all of bills, rent, credit cards debt.. I am looking for some help ... I don’t make much money to cover it.. I have 2 kids to feed and supporting.. Please help me to lift the stresses on me.. You may contact me through my e mail address I hope there is some help out there to help me with this problems to solve .. Let me know when you get this message..
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The hearing impaired, deaf can be serviced by sites in Walgreens and your local drug store. These locations are starting to operate clinics in their stores, believe it or not. They are called MinuteClinics, and Walgreen is one of the leading places to stop by at. More on Walgreens Minute Clinics.
Instant wrote:I am deaf and stay at home mom of 2 kids.. I don’t have much money to cover all of bills, rent, credit cards debt.. I am looking for some help ... I don’t make much money to cover it.. I have 2 kids to feed and supporting.. Please help me to lift the stresses on me.. You may contact me through my e mail address I hope there is some help out there to help me with this problems to solve .. Let me know when you get this message..
Thank you,
Cook1

Post by Cook1 »

Basically I had to leave my job for medical reasons...I had MRSA and a series of other things going on...Currently we are in the arrears with our bills for 3 months now...Our landlord is trying to work with us. But now the utility companies are breathing down our necks. My husband had to take me to some of my appointments so he missed some time at work and then he works in construction and they have had some down time, lastly we have three children under the age of 10. We're pretty desperate.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe you can get some of those older bills waived or reduced. Look into the different rules and regulations that states have in place to protect consumers on medical and hospital debts. The medical debt collection laws and rules by state are here. It is a great summary, and the laws are in place to help patients stay on track.
Cook1 wrote:Basically I had to leave my job for medical reasons...I had MRSA and a series of other things going on...Currently we are in the arrears with our bills for 3 months now...Our landlord is trying to work with us. But now the utility companies are breathing down our necks. My husband had to take me to some of my appointments so he missed some time at work and then he works in construction and they have had some down time, lastly we have three children under the age of 10. We're pretty desperate.
Butch

Post by Butch »

My husband has been diagnosed with kidney injury (due to prescribed medication 22 years ago) and stage 4 kidney disease. This week, I have had to have a DNC and cervical biopsy. Dr. says no option but a hysterectomy for me. Timing is the only option. We need help with paying our medical bills, as well as just buying fuel to get to the doctors and hospitals. We also need food - husband is on a special diet because of the kidney disease. Sigh. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you live in Washington state? Do you have health insurance, as your email seems to imply you do not. That kidney disease is very challenging, but there are programs for people in your state who are low income and lack insurance. The main link for them is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... th_ca.html
There are programs and resources like the Workers with Disabilities, or HWD, in your region. Other options include MTGMEDS (for prescriptions) and more. Hopefully some of these can help your husband.
Kindle

Post by Kindle »

We have a young couple in the family struggling.
Their oldest child, 1 1/2 years, has Spina Bifida and the youngest is 3 months old.
The father, who is diabetic, works full time.
Children's Hospital and the Spina Bifida Clinic of Wisconsin are wonderful, but bills are piling up. Badger Care pays for medical but not time off from work or gas and food expenses for the once a month trip to Minnesota.
What assistance is there?
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you look into the other options out there, such as uninsured medical care in Wisconsin. While of course they can cover some of your medical needs, there may be resources for paying other bills too. It can be an option, and read more on uninsured health care in Wisconsin.
Kindle wrote: Children's Hospital and the Spina Bifida Clinic of Wisconsin are wonderful, but bills are piling up. Badger Care pays for medical