Florida Power and Light

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
pettigrews
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Florida Power and Light

Post by pettigrews »

Please send me information on a program to help me pay my FPL (Florida Power and Light) bill. I live in West Palm Beach, Fl.. My name is Imogene. I am 65 yo and retired. Only income is my social security funds and I have had 2 extermly high light bill 2 months in a row and I need assistance to pay atleast one of these bills. Thank you.
helper

Re: Florida Power and Light

Post by helper »

FPL Care To Share® Assistance The FPL Care To Share® Program is:
Sponsored by FPL and is designed to provide emergency assistance funds to customers who are in a crisis situation and unable to pay their electric bill
Funded by FPL corporate contributions, FPL employee donations and customer contributions
Administered by local nonprofit and/or government agencies that qualify customers based on criteria established by FPL.
How much assistance can a customer receive?
A household may receive assistance of up to a maximum of $500 for electric service once in a 12-month period. Exceptions to this limit may be made by the administrating agency, based on special circumstances and with approval of FPL.

http://www.fpl.com/community/crisis_assistance.shtml
Aiken
anti spam: Blue

Post by Aiken »

I have a 5 year old son and live in Florida. My lights got cut off on 12/06/2014. In order for them to be cut back on I need to come up with 349.00. I was out of work for awhile because I was sick with bronchitis then pneumonia. So I got behind on a few things. I could also use help with gas for my car if you all do that. Just got blessed with a job but don’t get paid for 2 weeks. Can you please help in any way. Thank you and god bless you.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Hi
I am in a financial emergency, I am about you lose power in my home and won't get a paycheck until October 30.
I need assistance for September FPL.
I have two small children at home. I'm divorced and no one to help me. I lost two month of work during the summer due to budget cuts and illness. I'm back at work but get paid monthly and started full time September 1.
Please call me back ASAP.
Thank you.
Papen

Post by Papen »

I write to you on behalf of a young lady that is in desperate need of assistance in getting her power restored at her current place of residence.
The young lady resides with her three (3) children in Hollywood, FL. Her power is provided by Florida Power and Light (FPL) and was terminated approximately 3 weeks ago. Her eldest son is in his freshman year at South Broward High School and her 2 daughters attend two different middle schools in the area.
She is currently unemployed, but is expected to start a new job in the very near future.
I cannot express to you just how this termination of services by FPL has seriously impacted on her life. It is almost impossible for her to provide for the children as a consequence. Concerned individuals, such as myself, have lovingly and willingly overextended ourselves to assist her and her children during this traumatic period. Unfortunately we are not in a position to simply pay off the past-due amount in order to get the power restored. Hence, we write to you for assistance.
I would greatly appreciate a timely response for you as to whether or not your organization can offer assistance in the payment of her outstanding bill with FPL. At the very least, if you are unable to assist, maybe you will be able to provide us with contact information for an organization that possibly can.
I sincerely thank for your your kind prompt attention to this request and look forward to your timely response.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Before calling an organization ask FPL for assistance first. Maybe they have a payment plan or can work with that young lady. The 3 kids should also be working, as a freshman can hold a job. That way more income is coming in the door. But if the young lady has a job, that may also help her in her request for aid from Florida Power and Light.
Papen wrote:I write to you on behalf of a young lady that is in desperate need of assistance in getting her power restored at her current place of residence.
The young lady resides with her three (3) children in Hollywood, FL. Her power is provided by Florida Power and Light (FPL) and was terminated approximately 3 weeks ago. Her eldest son is in his freshman year at South Broward High School and her 2 daughters attend two different middle schools in the area.
She is currently unemployed, but is expected to start a new job in the very near future.
I cannot express to you just how this termination of services by FPL has seriously impacted on her life. It is almost impossible for her to provide for the children as a consequence.