Teacher in need of assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
teachyourkids
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Teacher in need of assistance

Post by teachyourkids »

I am a teacher and my husband has left me. I am in need of some information about emergency daycare assistance. The problem is I technically make too much to be considered low income. I have bills upon bills and now with what is going on with the government I now have a bunch of money automatically being taken out of my check each time. My husband has left me with a car payment and I cannot afford the last 2 weeks of the month for daycare. I need daycare because I need to work. What are some suggestions I can look into? Thanks so much for your time and compassion.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Teacher in need of assistance

Post by Admin »

For auto loans, not much financial assistance is offered for those, if any. Maybe look into refinancing your auto loan. It is free to get quotes, so no risk, and learn more here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/aut ... ve_on.html
Also for the auto loans maybe speak to a non-profit credit counselor for some advice. They operate in every date. More details can be found .
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... ncies.html
What state/county do you live in, and we can send some info on daycare assistance. And really explore the main site of needhelppayingbills for a ton of information on other options and services.
teachyourkids wrote:I am a teacher and my husband has left me. I am in need of some information about emergency daycare assistance. The problem is I technically make too much to be considered low income. I have bills upon bills and now with what is going on with the government I now have a bunch of money automatically being taken out of my check each time. My husband has left me with a car payment and I cannot afford the last 2 weeks of the month for daycare. I need daycare because I need to work. What are some suggestions I can look into? Thanks so much for your time and compassion.
Lebron

Post by Lebron »

I had unexpected surgery. I will be out of work for 6-8 weeks and will only receive a portion of my pay from my teaching job. The short term disability hasn't kicked in yet so we just have my husband's salary, which is less than mine and isn't enough to cover the rent and bills. If we could get help with our June and July rent, it would be appreciated. I spoke to the leasing office and they said that we will still incur late fees if the rent isn't paid by the 2nd of the month.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You can ask your landlord and creditors for a payment plan. They may require proof of the disability to be paid, but in general they may provide you more time to pay your rent. But there are other rent and bill paying programs in Beaufort County, so you do have some agencies to call upon. Read more.
Straahan

Post by Straahan »

To whom it may concern,
I am in current need of financial help. I have exhausted all of my other options such as family and friends. I am scared to lose my car (APR 19.25%), not be able to pay car insurance, lose my phone, and also not be able to pay my half of the rent and utilities. I don't want to end up on the street.
I just completed a program at northern Manchester community college and I am in the process of getting a Phlebotomy position, which involves teaching too. However, I was just informed that I need surgery for a painful and at times debilitating condition called Endometriosis. The surgery is 3 weeks away and I will need 4-6 weeks to recover.
I exhausted Unemployment assistance while I was in school. I'm not sure what to do and I am constantly experiencing anxiety attacks which led me to a psychiatrist...resulting in yet more bills. Luckily I still have health insurance because I purchased it with a school loan during my time there. I also worry about gas getting back and forth from interviews once I recover from the surgery and food. I'm thinking, with the surgery, recovery time and time to secure employment, I will only need 3 months of assistance. Anything you can help with would be so incredibly appreciated. Otherwise, I really don't know what I'm going to do.
Thank you for your consideration and time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe your new employer for that Phlebotomy job has suggestions for you. Such as advancing a pay check or two? You also need to badly caught down on those expenses, such as a 19% APR is unheard of. That must be the worst car loan ever. But there are other assistance programs in Georgia you can try, depending on your county. Or also look into filing for disability. In the meantime locate the programs for help in Georgia.
PlaceLikeThis

Post by PlaceLikeThis »

Rent/bills: We are in dire need of help with our rent. My wife who is a teacher, son, and I just moved to Omaha about 2 months ago. Everything was fine and going smoothly until I lost my job. Not only did I get laid off but a few weeks later as I was looking for jobs, someone had broken into our car and stolen my wallet and my radio. Without a driver’s license or ID I haven't been able to get a job just yet.
The months closing in and I got a new license 4 days ago and have applied at over 10 places for other teaching jobs and have interviews coming up. Still we will be unable to pay for our rent. It's hard enough affording no food, no parts for our car to fix, no payments for our phones to be turned on, no payments to a loan or to cancel our other phones so our credit is down the hole and now can't even apply for a credit card. Please help us. Our rent is due the 15th or we will be evicted.