Furniture donations

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Mills
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Furniture donations

Post by Mills »

I am writing in regards of your company donating any used furniture that’s no longer needed are for sale a low price. I am my mother moved to Atlanta four months ago with no furniture. We both live in subsidizing housing; she is 58 years old and suffers with diabetes and sleep Apnea. She is using a c-pap machine at night to sleep. We are both on a fix income from social security totaling $776 monthly. After rent, medication, food, gas and hygiene, she or I have any monies left to purchase furniture. She does have a mattress & box spring. She has a donated wood dinette set and a TV for her bedroom and living area. I have no bedding at all, I have a TV, coffee table, two end tables that was passed on to me and two high back chairs. It’s just been hard to get the things for our places because of the low income we receive and please don’t get me wrong; we are truly blessed to have a roof over our heads. This will be our first time asking for a handout but we have to do what needs to be done. I do understand if you not in a position to donate any items and we appreciate you reading our needs. The Bible says, we have not because we ask not. So we ask… If you have anything of use, we have an old 1993 car to get around town in for grocery shopping and doctor visits that we can use to come and pick up any items that you can write off. Thanks for your understanding and taking time out of your busy scheduled to read our needs. We look forward for your response back. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Furniture donations

Post by Admin »

We do not have furniture, or even donate money or funds. We give information on programs and resources that people can call. The Salvation Army and their thrift stores are always a good place to call for furniture. Find other options and grant programs on our site. Maybe also try Catholic Charities. Call your local social service office too, as they can be an effective resource to call for additional aid and support. Can you increase income from working at home or part time job too.
Mills wrote:I am writing in regards of your company donating any used furniture that’s no longer needed are for sale a low price. I am my mother moved to Atlanta four months ago with no furniture. We both live in subsidizing housing; she is 58 years old and suffers with diabetes and sleep Apnea. She is using a c-pap machine at night to sleep. We are both on a fix income from social security totaling $776 monthly. After rent, medication, food, gas and hygiene, she or I have any monies left to purchase furniture. She does have a mattress & box spring. She has a donated wood dinette set and a TV for her bedroom and living area. I have no bedding at all, I have a TV, coffee table, two end tables that was passed on to me and two high back chairs. It’s just been hard to get the things for our places because of the low income we receive and please don’t get me wrong; we are truly blessed to have a roof over our heads. This will be our first time asking for a handout but we have to do what needs to be done. I do understand if you not in a position to donate any items and we appreciate you reading our needs. The Bible says, we have not because we ask not. So we ask… If you have anything of use, we have an old 1993 car to get around town in for grocery shopping and doctor visits that we can use to come and pick up any items that you can write off. Thanks for your understanding and taking time out of your busy scheduled to read our needs. We look forward for your response back. Thanks
SaraTuck

Post by SaraTuck »

I am a single mother of a seventeen and ten year old, i am on section 8 and I do receive help from the government with food stamps and healthcare, I have just been recently laid off from work after 8 years and is in need of a bed, when I got my income taxes I bought the kids new beds, paid off all the bills and fixed my car that needed repaired, I was not expecting to be laid off, my bed was old and had to throw the box springs and frame out, now my mattress sits on the floor cause i can not afford to bye a frame and box springs for it, I was just wondering if there is a place where I can get a voucher for a bed? please help me, Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You are right, section 8 doesn't not provide beds, furniture, or non-essential aid other than housing vouchers. Your best bet may be to go to a Salvation Army thrift store or maybe a Catholic Charity organization. They may even be able to help with those car repairs you need to, or provide guidance to you. They may have donated beds, but not brand new ones. Anyway, try this link to find an organization. Read more.
SaraTuck wrote:I am a single mother of a seventeen and ten year old, i am on section 8 and I do receive help from the government with food stamps and healthcare, I have just been recently laid off from work after 8 years and is in need of a bed, when I got my income taxes I bought the kids new beds, paid off all the bills and fixed my car that needed repaired, I was not expecting to be laid off, my bed was old and had to throw the box springs and frame out, now my mattress sits on the floor cause i can not afford to bye a frame and box springs for it, I was just wondering if there is a place where I can get a voucher for a bed? please help me, Thanks.
Maria B

Post by Maria B »

Hello,
I am 46 year old father of three young kids. I've been homeless and just got Section 8 housing in Santa Clara County. I am about to move into a three bedroom condo with my kids. I don't have a bed for myself and could use help with dining table/chairs and a couple of other items. My kids have beds and chests, and end tables with lamps so far. I am also a veteran, and disabled. I live on SSDI, very little income.
Mike and Rachel

Post by Mike and Rachel »

I'm a victim of domestic violence. Starting over with three children (twins boy and girl and five year old boy) is not easy at all I've receive a relocation check to move from Florida to NJ but now I’m need help desperately we need furniture for our new apartment. I left everything behind and have to start new. Please help me if you can.
Berner Davis

Post by Berner Davis »

I would like to know if there is some kind of assistance for people who are in need of beds for their children.
Please let me know if there is some kind of voucher program or of some place that can supply 3 beds for 3 children living in Schenectady New York. The are very low income the children have out grown their totter beds. They receive Medicaid and food stamps. Thank you for what ever help you can give me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are free furniture banks out there. They can give beds, kitchen supplies, couches, and really anything. Most items are gently used. The availability will also very based on what is donated. But they are worth a try. Find free furniture banks near you.