Find how to get help with rent
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Eviction notice

Post by Admin »

The landlord needs to fix the glass. If you are renting they are responsible. As far as help in dealing with eviction notice, try some Leavenworth County agencies for help, such as the Northeast Kansas Community Action Program (which covers Lansing Kansas) at 913-651-5692. They provide, among other services, housing counseling.
Chelesa wrote:I live in Lansing Kansas in Leavenworth county and have 3 kids, my landlord is getting ready to have eviction papers drawn up, I have a shut off notice for Friday on my water, my front window got broken out I have plastic on it, but its getting cold, wanting to know if you can tell me some places in my area that may help me. Thank you,
Lucy Smith

Post by Lucy Smith »

in need of assistance in Ashburn Georgia. I am behind about one month on rent and was given a letter two days ago to be taken to court if 700.00 was not sent to the land lord today. I am currently left unable to work with a work injury to the hands. I was let go from my job and put on disability in April after perusing and putting heat on the employer about seeing a doctor soon, which seems illegal to me. I was sent home and told i walked out which the company back, i was denied workers comp as well as unemployment benefits. I live currently off of child support from my ex, and prayer. I am a single mom of three kids, and no family to help. I have been on every site possible--but no help what so ever that i have found. The community i live in is small and without much resources. The local government family and children services have done what they could with my food stamps but no money will be received. If there is some type of help, for rent assistance and light bill which is due Monday for the amount of 200.00 i really would appreciate the support. Thanks in advance
Woddy

Post by Woddy »

I am a single mother of two children and am six months pregnant. In the beginning of January 2013 I landed me a job with Eastside Cleaners but unfortunately it lasted only a week before I was terminated.(willing to explain if necessary), before that I was employed at Yancy Foods in the meat market but it turned out to be only two hours every evening. I was making just enough to put gas in my vehicle so as far as making ends meet was far from it. I am fortunate enough to where I have all my utilities and rent all wrapped in one so my monthly rent payment is my only bill. I have no relatives or friends who are able to help me with my financial difficulties and feel like even though this may be temporary until I find my next job this hardship is not only overwhelming me but building because I’m unable to pay my landlord. He has been a blessing and is being very patient with me and so I continue to look for work and am in the mean time getting further and further behind. I’ve not been threatened with eviction but feel like its any minute now. Like I said before I have housing assistance with City of Amarillo's HUD and since it’s been a noticeably amount of time I am now meeting with them more frequent than ever before. I asked the caseworker at my appointment this morning what the deal was and she stated more and more people were committing fraud so it was basically protocol. By no means would I or could I do such a thing but I’m afraid just because I have yet to be threatened with eviction that there may be no one willing to help. If there is any organizations that can help or assist me ,even point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
MrsMerkel

Post by MrsMerkel »

Emergency assistance for preventing eviction by September 1st 2013. I receive rent assistance, but am responsible for 160.00 a month. Due to recent illness unable to pay as of June 1st and now I owe 3 1/2 months rent totaling 494.00. Will loose section 8 voucher if landlord precedes with eviction which she has already served court papers for August 10th even though payment in full as agreed by all parties is not due till September 1st. Need legal council as well. Also water behind one month. I believe it is 57.00 and as unable to pay Pipp payment to DPAndL. I now owe 3 months and 68.90 to avoid being in disconnect also to avoid eviction for non payment of utilities which have to be maintained to keep voucher. We have been able to come up with 150.00 towards all above. If any assistance towards diapers, household necessities, personal care and career advancement would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me via email or any of contact info below. Thank you so very much,
babytime

Post by babytime »

Good morning,

I am inquiring about rental assistance. I pay $2100.00 per month rent and I am in arrears 2 and a half months. I am about to be evicted.

My children's father left in December 2013 knowing we didn’t have the back rent money to pay my landlord who has been so patient with me and my 4 kids but she has encountered some tough times herself and she has "mentioned" if I couldn’t get caught up by the end of May she would have to look for some else. I explained to her I have bad credit and can't get a loan but I make good money but to catch up that amount of money. I cant do that until the end of June early July when I get my refund. I work for the government and with all the layoffs I just couldn’t catch up but once I do get caught up I can pay timely. I can pay a loan back once I get my refund I just need help now so I don’t get evicted during or right after the holidays. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Of course no agency can provide cash in one day, much less $700. The funding is just not there, and they will need to review your case and verify all of you information, and that can take days if not weeks in Georgia. But you can start the process for funds for your rent if you are truly facing eviction. There are many different agencies to try, and locate eviction help in Georgia.
Sarisk

Post by Sarisk »

Thank you, but I don't know how to get in touch with anyone, that is the site I received your email on so I thought you were the one who I contact for the help with an eviction. I feel like this is a never ended vicious cycle. I read the housing transition part with the apartment type help says up to 90 days possibly, or the motel vouchers temporarily even, anything can help. So is there any way you could help me get started. Or e mail someone to reach out to me. Please this is so stressful. Please and thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The site has information on where to get eviction help in Indiana. Usually 90 days is too long...most Indiana evictions take place in less than 10. Read more.
Use the website to find a list of resources, which will get you started on finding assistance.
Sarisk wrote:I read the housing transition part with the apartment type help says up to 90 days possibly, or the motel vouchers temporarily even, anything can help. So is there any way you could help me get started.
JennyMay12

Post by JennyMay12 »

Hi there,
I am in seek of help with paying my rent. I currently pay market rent and have two children at home.
50% of my income goes to bills in the home the rest to my children’s needs. I currently live in Dorchester, MA (Boston). Can you please help or direct me in the right direction so I am not evicted. Thank you for your help and time. Have a great day!