Need short time help

State and local government assistance programs.
gfpf
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need short time help

Post by gfpf »

I live in Winnebago County in Illinois. I am in construction and have been out of work almost 2 years, Unemployment is almost nothing now. I have been paying cobra payment as my wife has copd. My children are grown and on their own. I have about 1 month worth of bills in my savings account. Am getting food using a link card. Work is looking up with a big job happening in the area that I will be put on. The problem is it won't be ready for two to four months. I can't get a loan without a job and my house is in need of repairs and is uninsurable do to it's condition. My only bills are the phone needed to keep in touch for work, electric, health and car insurance, all of these are up to date (for at least one more month). My big concern is with the cold weather coming and my wife having breathing trouble is filling our fuel oil tanks and keeping the electric on. We burn about 200 gallons a month and our electric bill is about $200.00 a month as we are in the country and every thing except heat is electric. Also I have two older vehicles that need work, ones a 1990 and the other is a 1991. If I can make it till the job is ready for me I will be able to keep up with the bills on my own. What type of help can I get and where do I go to apply? I am 58 and my wife is 57
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need short time help

Post by Admin »

There are several places to turn to for help with bills, home repairs, and other aid in Winnebago County Illinois. The link below is a great resource, and the site provides extensive information on other local charities and non-profits.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pr1.html
Just some examples include the local Catholic Charities, which can be reached at 815.965.0623. Other examples and places to call include The Salvation Army of Rockford Illinois.
There are even some programs to help you find a job.
gfpf wrote:I live in Winnebago County in Illinois. I am in construction and have been out of work almost 2 years, Unemployment is almost nothing now. I have been paying cobra payment as my wife has copd. My children are grown and on their own. I have about 1 month worth of bills in my savings account. Am getting food using a link card. Work is looking up with a big job happening in the area that I will be put on. The problem is it won't be ready for two to four months. I can't get a loan without a job and my house is in need of repairs and is uninsurable do to it's condition. My only bills are the phone needed to keep in touch for work, electric, health and car insurance, all of these are up to date (for at least one more month). My big concern is with the cold weather coming and my wife having breathing trouble is filling our fuel oil tanks and keeping the electric on. We burn about 200 gallons a month and our electric bill is about $200.00 a month as we are in the country and every thing except heat is electric. Also I have two older vehicles that need work, ones a 1990 and the other is a 1991. If I can make it till the job is ready for me I will be able to keep up with the bills on my own. What type of help can I get and where do I go to apply? I am 58 and my wife is 57
a123

Post by a123 »

Hello-
My husband and I are going through a rough patch and need some assistance
We have both been recently unemployed, however my husband has finally gone back to work..
I am still unemployed. We are looking for some bill assistance.
just so we can catch up. we live in the Cuyahoga Falls area.
and have received both a shut of notice from the city utilities office and dominion East ohio.
as there anyone out there who can help.

I need $300 for my Electric bill
and $150 for my Gas bill...
Please help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good to hear finally going back to work. I think if you have a shut off notice, but now do have a job, you should be able to negotiate a payment plan. However try these places in the county.
The Council for Economic Opportunities in Greater Cleveland (CEOGC), phone number (216) 696-9077.
Lakewood Christian Service Center (phone (216) 226-6466) also provides emergency funds if someone will be faced with homelessness as a result of a utility disconnection.
Another option may be Cleveland Based Emerald Development and Economic Network
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
a123 wrote:Hello-
My husband and I are going through a rough patch and need some assistance
We have both been recently unemployed, however my husband has finally gone back to work..
I am still unemployed. We are looking for some bill assistance.
just so we can catch up. we live in the Cuyahoga Falls area.
and have received both a shut of notice from the city utilities office and dominion East ohio.
as there anyone out there who can help.

I need $300 for my Electric bill
and $150 for my Gas bill...
Please help
GeneralH

Post by GeneralH »

Hello,I'm a single male,37.
I was out of work for months and fell very behind in my rent. My landlord has ran out of patience.
I finally have 2 legitimate interviews upcoming this week,but it's obvious I'm gonna need to find him at least $625 to not be evicted.....
Being a single male with no police record is there any programs out there at all?!?
Desperate,but gonna be working soon.

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What state or county? If behind on rent there may be options. Whether you have a record or not should not apply.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... #nonprofit
Is a link with programs for many of the major counties across the US. There are also links to other counties, smaller regions, and locations in other parts of the country.
GeneralH wrote:Hello,I'm a single male,37.
I was out of work for months and fell very behind in my rent. My landlord has ran out of patience.
I finally have 2 legitimate interviews upcoming this week,but it's obvious I'm gonna need to find him at least $625 to not be evicted.....
Being a single male with no police record is there any programs out there at all?!?
Desperate,but gonna be working soon.

Thanks
GeneralH

Post by GeneralH »

Los Angeles,CA
Bre12

Need short time help for bills

Post by Bre12 »

i live in cherokee county in south carolina and it is not listed. my name is crystal i am 39 worked all my life and in may 2010 the clinic i was working at (for 3years) closed due to financial problems. i am a single parent of two wonderful boys and unemployement is not enough to survive. i am getting food stamps but its not enough for two growing boys. but i thank god for the help. i am drowning and my unemployement check gives me enough income that i dont qualify for any more governement help. but i am hitting rock bottom and i need help can you give any advice????? please help me i dont know what to do. i feel so alone. if you cant help thanks anyway. please pray for me and my boys.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need short time help for bills

Post by Admin »

You are right, we do not have Cherokee County listed. We will add it. But we have other South Carolina (both state and federal government funded) programs listed on this area. For example, South Carolina offers an Emergency Rental Assistance Program which provides up to $1500 for rent payments for qualified individuals. Of course people need to be low income, meet other conditions of the program, etc. but it is something I recommend people look into. The phone number is (803) 734-9937
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_in.html
Bre12 wrote:i live in cherokee county in south carolina and it is not listed. my name is crystal i am 39 worked all my life and in may 2010 the clinic i was working at (for 3years) closed due to financial problems. i am a single parent of two wonderful boys and unemployment is not enough to survive. i am getting food stamps but its not enough for two growing boys. but i thank god for the help. i am drowning and my unemployment check gives me enough income that i dont qualify for any more government help. but i am hitting rock bottom and i need help can you give any advice????? please help me i dont know what to do. i feel so alone. if you cant help thanks anyway. please pray for me and my boys.
Lutz99

Post by Lutz99 »

i live in Queensland Australia, I'm not sure if you can help me or not, but my partner just lost his job. i don't earn anywhere near enough to support us. we are renting a house, so we have mounting bills, and we cant afford to pay rent this week at all... he has no money saved, neither do i and his credit card is almost maxed as it is. we owe family members money from them helping us previously. Rent is due in 4 days and we don't know what to do. Please, if you can, help us. . . Please
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry, but we do not have programs for Australia. Maybe just explore the primary site for ideas for assistance with bills and maybe you will get some ideas. Some of the approaches, such as negotiating debts and deals, would probably apply to Australia too, but we are not sure. Sorry.
Lutz99 wrote:i live in Queensland Australia, I'm not sure if you can help me or not, but my partner just lost his job. i don't earn anywhere near enough to support us. we are renting a house, so we have mounting bills, and we cant afford to pay rent this week at all... he has no money saved, neither do i and his credit card is almost maxed as it is. we owe family members money from them helping us previously. Rent is due in 4 days and we don't know what to do. Please, if you can, help us. . . Please
Wader

Post by Wader »

I am a single mother of 3 wonderful kids. I’m currently just getting out of a 5 year abusive relationship with the father of my kids and I was homeless and I met a friend that wanted to help. They put me and my kids in a home and now he left me stuck paying for everything and I’m just not able to do it now. I’m looking for a job. I need daycare. I don’t have transportation and I just don’t know what to do anymore. I need help. Can you please contact me as soon as you are able. Thank you so much for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It looks like you live in Arkansas. If so, a community action agency may be able to help with some of these needs, or maybe direct you to who can. For example, they often have details on subsidized day care, job training and workforce centers, and tons of other support for the low income and poor. Case managers are usually assigned to clients as part of the services from a non-profit agency. Or ask them for referrals. Find details on these Arkansas community action programs.
Igotthis

Post by Igotthis »

I am 21 years old and I need help! My parents have tried to help me the best they can but they no longer are able to help me. I have a 19 month old daughter and my job is currently not giving me the hours I need to pay my bills. I have a car payment and insurance that is due and I have no money for either.... any help that can be given will be greatly appreciated.
Kevin L

Post by Kevin L »

Rent and utility assistance for the Short term. It will Help to save us from becoming homeless. Separation of adults in home as a result of violence both physical and mental. Leaving mother of 4 to transition from stay at home mother to working very quickly. Thankfully I have been hired on full time and my pay will cover expenses although first day is not until the 17th of May and rent is May first as well as utilities pay arrangement broke April 30th. Please help me keep our stability as we transition from a bad situation to a hopeful and promising future.