Financial hardship

State and local government assistance programs.
Andreaq
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Financial hardship

Post by Andreaq »

Hello, I am a single mother with 2 teenage children.I was working fulltime and lost my job because of severe back problems.I have had 7 major back surgeries.My most recent surgery was 03/17/2011 Triple Spinal Fusion.I spent 3 weeks in the hospital.I was always taught to pay my bills, in doing so I have no money left.I have a 2002 car the state says is worth $5,600 so its considered an asset.I am in need of help to pay for housing and utility bills, Yes I applied for disability and have been told they are still gathering all of my medical records.My children and I spent all winter without heat because I didnt turn heat on because I knew I couldnt afford to pay. We live in Northern MA and it was a very cold winter.Now its summer and No a/c for us..Thank fully its been breezy and cooler but some days its miserably hot.My 3rd child joined the army at 18yrs old and spent almost 3yrs in Iraq. He returned with severe PTSD and my life has been such a struggle.I am asking for the first time for someone, anyone that is in a far better financial way to please help us with monthly expenses.Also I lost my health insurance becausecI couldnt afford the Cobra charges $951.00 mo.and now can not go to my surgeon, pain management, or any of my healthcare providers nor can I get any of my much needed prescriptions.Again Thank you to anyone and everyone that maybe can help us.It seems that people whom have always received public assistance continue to get help.Yet for someone like me who worked 12 plus hrs aday to support my family, no vacations or any luxuries just worked to pay housing and monthly expenses. I've fallen on extremely tough times and really need help. Thank You sincerely
Oaker

Re: Financial hardship

Post by Oaker »

Both my 24 year old son and myself are unemployed but actively looking and we are being made to move out of our current residence and have no where to go, no money to pay for some where to go, and are desperate for help at this time. I do get 165.00 per month in Food Stamps but my son is currently not receiving them. He will be doing an online application I need help paying for deposits and our business is struggling. What services can you help us with? Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

While you are waiting for the online food stamp application to go through., call a food bank in Kentucky for free food, groceries, bread, meals, and other immediate support. You can call or stop by one of the Kentucky food pantries and get a meal very quickly. Your income will defintely qualify you for help.
Oaker wrote:Both my 24 year old son and myself are unemployed but actively looking and we are being made to move out of our current residence and have no where to go, no money to pay for some where to go, and are desperate for help at this time. I do get 165.00 per month in Food Stamps but my son is currently not receiving them. He will be doing an online application I need help paying for deposits and our business is struggling. What services can you help us with? Thank you
Tourist

Post by Tourist »

To whom it may concern. I am in desperate need of financial help. I am a single mother of two and I am currently employed but the bills that I have, my check doesn't cover. I am thankful for what I do have but financially I am hurting bad. I am trying to relocate right now. The place where I'm currently living is too much for me. I have been laet every month struggling to pay this rent. Before I receive my check, I know that it's already gone. I need help!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try calling your local HUD certified agency to ask for housing counseling and where to get financial aid and support from. HUD agencies on the whole offer a large number of financial assistance programs, resources, and support to the low income in the community. They often also know about section 8 housing vouchers, foreclosure counseling, and programs such as homeless prevention. More on HUD housing counseling agencies.
Tourist wrote:To whom it may concern. I am in desperate need of financial help. I am a single mother of two and I am currently employed but the bills that I have, my check doesn't cover. I am thankful for what I do have but financially I am hurting bad. I am trying to relocate right now. The place where I'm currently living is too much for me. I have been laet every month struggling to pay this rent. Before I receive my check, I know that it's already gone. I need help!!
Kennth

Post by Kennth »

Good Afternoon,
I am in need of financial help. I currently work part-time now because my company has downsized and many people have been either left jobless or suffered a major pay cut which in my case I was a victim of the paycut so now my check doesn't cover my major responsibilities putting me behind. I am also facing financial hardship because my bank account has been guarnished and and now its left me in a deeper whole. I really could use your assistance program to help me get back on my feet. I have tried every source possible from family and friends to
you name it. So please let me know if you can help me. I will leave my contact information in Phoenix below. Thank you so much for your time have a blessed day. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The good news is at least you were not laid off. So you have some income as you continue to look for a new job in Phoenix. To help cover some of those bills and debts in the meantime, here are the Phoenix assistance programs and agencies, like Lutheran Social Services at (480) 654-4539. They do have options for people with a financial hardship.
Kennth wrote:Good Afternoon,
I am in need of financial help. I currently work part-time now because my company has downsized and many people have been either left jobless or suffered a major pay cut which in my case I was a victim of the paycut so now my check doesn't cover my major responsibilities putting me behind. I am also facing financial hardship because my bank account has been guarnished and and now its left me in a deeper whole. I really could use your assistance program to help me get back on my feet. I have tried every source possible from family and friends to
you name it. So please let me know if you can help me. I will leave my contact information in Phoenix below. Thank you so much for your time have a blessed day. Sincerely,
Spacey

Post by Spacey »

I need financial assistance immediately. I'm the father of three high school teens, and one is a girl. I have a few hundred left from my savings account. My checking is running very low. I am seeking unemployment wages owed to me by my previous employer. I can and will submit proof of employment seeking. I am proud to say I recently met with my local city Mayor to employ me as a Educator for the city. We have been very successful and want to allow other teens to join our winning ways from better education. My rent is 500$ My bills total approx 150$ per month. Gas for my vehicle and insurance is approx 170$. I currently get government food assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not need to see any unemployment proof. That is great that you took initiative to meet with Mayor and do other things to improve your situation. As far as aid for your dilemma or additional support, look into low income assistance programs. The federal and state government offer many options, and that is a good summary of them. That car insurance seems high. Maybe look for some savings there too.
Spacey wrote:I need financial assistance immediately. I'm the father of three high school teens, and one is a girl. I have a few hundred left from my savings account. My checking is running very low. I am seeking unemployment wages owed to me by my previous employer. I can and will submit proof of employment seeking. I am proud to say I recently met with my local city Mayor to employ me as a Educator for the city. We have been very successful and want to allow other teens to join our winning ways from better education. My rent is 500$ My bills total approx 150$ per month. Gas for my vehicle and insurance is approx 170$. I currently get government food assistance.
Horry

Post by Horry »

I am trying to contact an organization that could give me a little help. Right now I am facing a very stressing and tough situation. I am currently pregnant and unemployed in Goldsboro North Carolina. I have been searching for a job but is very difficult to find one. I live with my 2 yrs old daughter and I am single. I am unable to pay my rent and my electricity is about to get disconnected. I really need some help as my level of stress is getting me out of control. I really wish I could find some body to hire me so I can be able to maintain myself and my daughter. Or get a little help paying my rent and electricity at least for this month so I can get some peace of mind. I am sure I will find a job once I give birth. I have always worked my whole life. Please contact me and let me know if you can help me. Thank you.
Bernie and P

Post by Bernie and P »

Good Day,
I am a PA resident residing in the Montgomery County area right outside of Philadelphia, where my husband and I are currently out of work. My husband had a medical condition in June and he is really sick. However, he is finally starting to feel better. My reason for this letter is that I've been laid off since March 2012 due to outsourcing and he's out due to multiple medical issues (diabetes, heart problems, dialysis, hypertension, stroke) that has caused a great financial hardship for the both of us. I am living in an apartment and our heat has been turned off. We have a kerosene heater in one room, due to the size & amount of heat per square feet that I can't afford. He will have to utilize the first floor of our apartment due to he can't make it up the stairs, which will cause me to get the first floor remodified for handicap use. The saddest part of this story is that he is only 55 years of age and I am only 49. Currently, I am living on an unemployment check that is running out quickly, as well as my 401k. My top priority for my bills is my mortgage, heating and insurance. I eat the food that's stocked in my freezer with no intentions of buying until I run out of essentials. I am in dire need of my home getting weatherized along with comfortable heat generating through my home for my husband’s return. I thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is definitely a wide variety of needs. your best bet is to use our main page for information on all resources in the Philadelphia area / Montgomery County. We have government programs listed for energy bills. Try a non-profit HUD counselor for your mortgage. We also have a number of other resources listed too. Anyway, the main page is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

Hello, this is my very first time doing this, and I am greatly embarrassed. I was very depressed and wanted to hide.
I had a great job, and always tried to help others. Well, now the show is on my foot, and I don’t know what to do or where to go.
I have 2 kids, no job, and it breaks my heart that my kids have to go thru this. I need a job, so I can pay my bills, gas and food. We have not had a vacation of any kind for 3 years. Nor have we bought any new clothes, etc, meaning that we are not using our money carelessly.
Most of my family have gone to be home with the Lord. Its sad that my kids have been to more funerals than Birthday Parties.
We have a 1987 Isuzu Rodeo, that needs work.
I have gone hungry so my kids could eat. I needed to lose weight anyway.
I thought I had a job, but ended up getting my identity stolen. I am so scared, and I shouldn't be if God is in control.
My house is a mess because I started hoarding, but that was because of all the houses I had to clean out from all the deaths in
the family. I need help with that too. If I can get help with that, I can maybe donate some clothes and stuff for others. Some clothes are new or worn once.
The bills are piling up
SCE $900.
Water $200.
Trash $190.
Gas $180.
Ins. $900.
Gas for cars $160.
Shoes for 3 $150.
School $ 6000
Rent $2000
If I pay Rent I have no money for food or gas, when we pay rent I have no money for the rest.
There is much more to this story, and I know that God has a plan for me, I just wish I knew what it was. I am thinking he is trying to show me patience, and humility, and that is fine. He has always been in control. I need some guidance.
Thank you for any help you can give me. I have no money coming in, and I am afraid of being on the street.
I realize I may be out of your league for any help, but would appreciate any leg up you can give.
My oldest Daughter has a 3.7 GPA. I don’t have the $2780 to give, and they are threatening me that they will not let her take her finals and graduate to 11th. She has a Deans Grant.
I had everything under control, until the IRS said we owe money. I didn't even work last year and we owe.
I am praying you can help. this is my last resort. And like I said, I am so embarrassed. I am used to giving, not receiving. I never planed losing my family, my job, and my self confidence. I have $280 as of today.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite an extensive list of needs and your cash is obviously very low. Not sure what to tell you. We do have programs and resources listed for each of them. Your best bet is to explore the site and search by county, town, state, etc. use the navigation bars and search boxes and slowly get information on all of the assistance programs in your state or town. The main link is http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

To whom it may concern,
I am a newly divorced single parent with a 6 year old daughter. I would like to see if there is any way I could get some assistance with our rent and possibly our electric bill. I am in between jobs due to knee surgery and found out my last check I will get is going to be less then half of what it usually is. I appreciate your time and for any temporary assistance my daughter and myself may get.
sincerely,