California rental programs

Find how to get help with rent
Smith98
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

California rental programs

Post by Smith98 »

my name is Sara and I don't have a job. I live with my fiance and he works at the car dealership and not make enough to pay our rent or even pay bills. We live in Walnut Creek CA in a very small 1 bed room Apt. and im also 5 months pregnant. We struggle very badly daily, can't pay our rent and we money issue and i was just wondering.. how can i get help in my area of California? We want to move in into 2 bed room apt or a condo.. anything that works cause we will have a baby on the way. Can you please tell me who should i contact or how to get help with rent. I would love to hear back from you! Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: California rental programs

Post by Admin »

There are numerous agencies and non-profits in Contra Costa California. Here are a list of them
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
You can try the Salvation Army, Red Cross, United Way, and Catholic Charities. Find their contact information and phone numbers at the link above, as well as how to find rent help in Contra Costa.
Smith98 wrote:my name is Sara and I don't have a job. I live with my fiance and he works at the car dealership and not make enough to pay our rent or even pay bills. We live in Walnut Creek CA in a very small 1 bed room Apt. and im also 5 months pregnant. We struggle very badly daily, can't pay our rent and we money issue and i was just wondering.. how can i get help in my area of California? We want to move in into 2 bed room apt or a condo.. anything that works cause we will have a baby on the way. Can you please tell me who should i contact or how to get help with rent. I would love to hear back from you! Thank you
zen1

California rental assistance programs

Post by zen1 »

I am looking for help I live in Pittsburg,Ca. I am a mother of 4 children. 6yrs.,twins that are 2yr and my 1year old son who has a rare blood disorder(MCADD). I work as a housekeeper. The father of my children has had alot of problems finding steady work since has uncles construction company layed off alot of the workers. Side jobs has helped us with everyday living expenses but we are having problems this month with paying our rent. We also owe on our credit card debts. Is there any organizations that can help us??? Thank you for your time, \
Admin
Site Admin

Re: California rental assistance programs

Post by Admin »

Here are organizations in Contra Costs and Pittsburg California.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ance1.html
They focus on low income, working poor, and the unemployed in the area. Some of hte places can even help you find a new job, or acquire new skills, so you can therefore increase your income and have more cash on hand to pay your bills and living expenses.
zen1 wrote:I am looking for help I live in Pittsburg,Ca. I am a mother of 4 children. 6yrs.,twins that are 2yr and my 1year old son who has a rare blood disorder(MCADD). I work as a housekeeper. The father of my children has had alot of problems finding steady work since has uncles construction company layed off alot of the workers. Side jobs has helped us with everyday living expenses but we are having problems this month with paying our rent. We also owe on our credit card debts. Is there any organizations that can help us??? Thank you for your time, \
Arthura

Post by Arthura »

Need help with paying rent for me an apartment. I have found a place in California and the landlord is willing to rent to me but i haven't heard anything back from the dept. of job and family services after many attempts in person and by phone,,yet nothing...im currently being able to reside with someone else at the time but my time here is wearing out..i was in an abusive relationship with my kids father and that's how i ended up being without a place because i needed to get away and start a new life...is there any help you can offer or any direction u can direct me...i am 33..and of course a single mother of 2
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That California department of jobs and services is not your only option in Los Angeles California. There are many other options, agencies, and charities to call for eviction prevention, help with security deposits and emergency rental funds. Find those options here at Los Angeles rent assistance. There are options like Unity Of Life Foundation, which is a local non-profit. Another government option is County of Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services (562) 908-6603. Phone numbers and details can be found on resource/link.
Arthura wrote:Need help with paying rent for me an apartment. I have found a place in California and the landlord is willing to rent to me but i haven't heard anything back from the dept. of job and family services after many attempts in person and by phone,,yet nothing...im currently being able to reside with someone else at the time but my time here is wearing out..i was in an abusive relationship with my kids father and that's how i ended up being without a place because i needed to get away and start a new life...is there any help you can offer or any direction u can direct me...i am 33..and of course a single mother of 2
Cuse

Post by Cuse »

I lost my job and I was trying to get back in school. I am need of assistance to pay my rent. I am trying to make ends meet, but I haven't been able to. I am looking for another job right now. I have rent that is due on the first of each month. I do not want to be put out, I have no where to go. Being on my own is very hard. I get depressed at times, not knowing where my next meal is coming from, but if I can keep a roof over mt head then I will be okay. My unemployment has run out, and now our manager decided to make up leave. They want to upgrade and increase the rent. We only have hubby's disability monthly payments of $630 and some savings. We have to move by December 31st. But we don't have enough proof of income. We are waiting to apply for SSI, but that will take some time. We live in San Diego, CA
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

ell you may find help with both needs. For If worried about next meal in San Diego, then look into local food pantries or banks. As far as the rent, security deposits, or housing, find information on San Diego rental assistance programs and agencies. There are options and programs like the Housing Authority of the County of San Diego (phone (858) 694-4801) and/or the San Diego Housing Commission. Both offer low income housing, emergency aid, homeless prevention resources, and much more.
Cuse wrote:I lost my job and I was trying to get back in school. I am need of assistance to pay my rent. I am trying to make ends meet, but I haven't been able to. I am looking for another job right now. I have rent that is due on the first of each month. I do not want to be put out, I have no where to go. Being on my own is very hard. I get depressed at times, not knowing where my next meal is coming from, but if I can keep a roof over mt head then I will be okay. My unemployment has run out, and now our manager decided to make up leave. They want to upgrade and increase the rent. We only have hubby's disability monthly payments of $630 and some savings. We have to move by December 31st. But we don't have enough proof of income. We are waiting to apply for SSI, but that will take some time. We live in San Diego, CA
BradyRules

Post by BradyRules »

Hello
My family and I have been homeless for 2 weeks. We were put up in a motel by a local church and my husband actually got a job there. With his daily labor, we have been able to have a room for 2 weeks. However, his labor is only enough to pay for the hotel room. I find myself in a viscous cycle! We have found a home to rent, but can not find the monies to gather for the initial cost. We have a 4 yr old child, 2 year old, and a newborn, all boys who deserve a HOME and a bright future. The hotel room for 2 weeks is $800.00. Just about the same for a month at the place we seek. PLEASE. If you can help my family into this new place and OUT of the hotel, we would have a chance for a new beginning. We are in Fallbrook CA and looking for ALL Rental Assistance organizations that may help. I look forward to your reply. PLEASE call if possible. Thank you in advance,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What does the initial cost involve. Will the landlord work with you and maybe spread out a deposit over time. Some will do this as they do not want a vacate home and they lose money when it is vacant. If it is money you need for security deposit (if that is what you mean by initial cost) then use this resource for Fallbrook and San Diego rent assistance programs and opportunities. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/san ... ce_pr.html Many agencies operate in the county, such as Brother Benno Foundation as well as the San Diego Housing Commission.
BradyRules wrote:Hello
My family and I have been homeless for 2 weeks. We were put up in a motel by a local church and my husband actually got a job there. With his daily labor, we have been able to have a room for 2 weeks. However, his labor is only enough to pay for the hotel room. I find myself in a viscous cycle! We have found a home to rent, but can not find the monies to gather for the initial cost. We have a 4 yr old child, 2 year old, and a newborn, all boys who deserve a HOME and a bright future. The hotel room for 2 weeks is $800.00. Just about the same for a month at the place we seek. PLEASE. If you can help my family into this new place and OUT of the hotel, we would have a chance for a new beginning. We are in Fallbrook CA and looking for ALL Rental Assistance organizations that may help. I look forward to your reply. PLEASE call if possible. Thank you in advance,
Suits

Post by Suits »

My boyfriend and I are looking to rent an apartment in Long Beach CA, but the deposit would kill us. Together we make about $1000 a month and can afford an $500-600 apartment. I am attending the local community college and he recently was homeless and could be again soon. What could we apply for that could help us? Thank you for your time.
Socgel

Post by Socgel »

I have been unemployed for 22 months unable to find any job in San Diego county. My Unemployment ceased on May 12th. I am down to my last $37.00 Behind in rent. Eviction is in the making. Need money for utilities, Registration of car(access) to look for employment. I have always been independent. No where to turn. Please help.
BLoyd

Post by BLoyd »

Hello,
I am unemployed. I lost my job in December of 2011 and have been looking work since. My unemployment has stalled until a phone interview is conducted on Nov. 11th, from now until then I have no income or means of paying this month’s rent. I was told that there was an assistance program for Contra Costa County in the city of Martinez, California. I am writing in hopes that someone can please help me, please. I have no idea what I am going to do this month for my rent. I believe that after my interview my unemployment will be reinstated, however, that will be 3 weeks from now, and I have already waited for unemployment for the last 2 weeks which I was expecting until I found out today about the interview. If someone can please contact me to let me know of ANY available options, programs, or assistance I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.
Oswald12

Post by Oswald12 »

From Vallejo California. I have 5 kids but only 2 stay with me my husband is unemployed but looking for work every day. We haven’t been able for the last few months to pay our rent which is $1,400 a month and our landlord has been very kind to give us work for an exchange for the rent but this last month said he has no more work for us and its haven't been able to come up with the rent money and we are going on the second month now that we haven’t paid our rent. We have asked him for work since he owns many properties in Napa CA and Vallejo CA but couldn’t help us out but give us an eviction notice. Please is there any way you can help us?
TerryCollins

Post by TerryCollins »

Thank you for your information. It was very useful but when I called 4 different places & was told to call to the Housing Authority, I was given 3 different numbers for them the last one was a direct line to the person in charge of Homelessness prevention. It became frustrating to be referred by all the numbers I called when they say they assist with rent for those in need. The number for Riverside Rent Assistance Development Department was a Fax number when I called it. Just thought you might want to know this information & change things if you see fit. Again thank you for all the information & have your sight in my Favorites on my computer for future reference.