I am my husbands caretaker and we need help

State and local government assistance programs.
Alliedc
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I am my husbands caretaker and we need help

Post by Alliedc »

My husband had a stroke in July of 2011, and we both have been unable to return to work. I am my husband's caregiver, and have to drive him to all of his doctor appointments in Atlanta. He just received his disability from his job in June. Due to the increasing number of bills, the money went very fast!!! Also, on September 1, 2012, our best working vehicle was repossessed. We still have mortgage payments, and various other bills and expenses. If you can be of any assistance, please help us in whatever way you can. Thank you very much!
McDaniels

Re: I am my husbands caretaker and we need help

Post by McDaniels »

Hello and thank you for all that you do. I'm not sure what information you might need from me at this time other then my state but I will try to stick to the facts.
I am a resident of Illinois. I am legally blind, with only partial sight in my left eye. I have a caretaker. I am on disability earning 1445 a month. As it is I can barely afford my current bills and have found myself behind on both my gas bill (Gas is currently shut off) With a balance owed of almost $900 Dollars, and my property taxes. I have no means of transportation and so doctor appointments are very hard to get to. While there are other concerns, These are my biggest worries.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I am my husbands caretaker and we need help

Post by Admin »

That is a lot of worries. A caretaker will not help with the bills, but there are programs for the disabled and legally blind in Illinois. Maybe they can help supplement the $1445 you are getting now from SSI. Or there may be other services for the blind. Read more Illinois disability programs.