Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rental assistance

Post by Admin »

So you are in the Phoenix Arizona area?
Find a listing of Maricopa and Phoenix assistance programs for housing and moving expenses. They usually prioritize help for the disabled and families with children. There are places to call like the Community Services of Arizona (phone number 480-963-6276) as well as the Tempe Salvation Army dial (480) 967-8649. They probably can't get you a uhaul, but help with security deposits.
BrevardKing wrote:RECENTLY MOVED FROM MI. BOTH MY 34 YR OLD DAUGHTER ARE DISABLED, AND IN NEED OF MOVING EXSPENSE MONIES FOR 08/31/2011. WAS ABLE TO STAY IN A FRIEND OF THE FAMILIES APARTMENT, WHILE THEY WENT BACK TO MI FOR A NEW JOB, AND SCHOOL. LAST DAY IN THE APARTMENT IS 08/31/2011. I'M WITH MY DAUGHTER, AND BOTH OF US HAVE TO MOVE. WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR TWO APARTMENTS. SHE WILL ALSO NEED MOVING EXPENSE MONIES.MY MOVE-IN IS 08/01-08-03-2011 IN LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ 86403.MY DAUGHTERS MOVE-IN 08/08/2011 IN PHOENIX, AZ 85032. WE DON'T HAVE MONIES FOR SECURITY DEPOSITS, OR A U-HAUL OR MEN TO MOVE US. I'VE HAD SPINAL SURGERY'S 2010. MY DAUGHTER HAS BACK PROBLEMS.
Delores

Post by Delores »

My wife recently broke her ankle, and we are in need of assistance with our rent. We were on a tight budget anyways due to me being laid off and drawing unemployment while seeking work. We have 2 children ages 3 and 6. After putting together what money we could for the month we've found ourselves about $550 short for the month. Also, we are at risk of having power disconnected in the next few days due to not having $150 for the electric bill and at risk for eviction due to lack of $300 for rent. I am unsure what to do and do not feel like there is any way out. I am so worried that myself my wife and 2 children will soon end up on the streets. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. I feel like my life is in shambles, I have an AAS in Legal studies and cannot find work with it due to lack of experience, and have problems getting a job anywhere else due to over education. Thanks and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is several hundred dollars you need in short order. You really should try to provide more time when looking for help, before the bills or rent are due. You have now created a crisis situation by waiting. Is your wife working and can she get any funds for the rent or power bills? It not, for some last minute rent help, I think look here for aid and support. You may find some programs there to help you, kids, and wife.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
Delores wrote:My wife recently broke her ankle, and we are in need of assistance with our rent. We were on a tight budget anyways due to me being laid off and drawing unemployment while seeking work. We have 2 children ages 3 and 6. After putting together what money we could for the month we've found ourselves about $550 short for the month. Also, we are at risk of having power disconnected in the next few days due to not having $150 for the electric bill and at risk for eviction due to lack of $300 for rent. I am unsure what to do and do not feel like there is any way out. I am so worried that myself my wife and 2 children will soon end up on the streets. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. I feel like my life is in shambles, I have an AAS in Legal studies and cannot find work with it due to lack of experience, and have problems getting a job anywhere else due to over education. Thanks and God bless.
Mary Smith

Post by Mary Smith »

live in Newark New Jersey...i need $750 to pay my rent. I just moved in my place on April the 20th...i have been to the local programs and churches and they all say they dont have any funding. This is my first place and I have a 2 year old daughter and 1 year old son....i dont want to get evicted. I have a job but they cut my hours for the month, right after I moved in, and now i dont have enough money for the rent or even the light bill....if u know of any other places PLEASE let me know..... Thank you for taking the time to read this.
HomerDer

Post by HomerDer »

I'm behind on rent and close to eviction. I'm currently unemployed but trying to find a job. I don't have transportation so i must find one in reasonable distance. Please, I need help. I don't want to be homeless again. i am in desperate need of paying my rent including my bills. I have been looking for employment and haven't had no luck my rent is due by June 10th i have no idea how it s will get paid. I dont want to be homeless please if there is there anyway i can be provided help. Contact me asap
Yahoo 12

Post by Yahoo 12 »

To whom it may concern: We (my wife and I) are 3 months behind in our rent at a rate of $600 per month, & we are 2 months behind on our car payments at a rate of $500 per month. My job only pays me once a month at the end of every month, & the money I earn is just not enough to pay all of my bills due to recent budget cuts. I live in Lowell. Please help us any way possible. Thank you!
Beckquick

Post by Beckquick »

I just shorted my landlord $200 dollars to put some of the money on our electric bill. I told him we would have him paid up by next month. I do not know how I am going to do that considering I just got laid-off from my seasonal job in Grand Rapids Michigan. I figured that I would be able to collect unemployment but I am not going to be able to do that until January, providing I will work for three or four more week's. My husband is on SSI and won’t get another check until the end of October.
David19

Post by David19 »

We are 2 adults and a baby under one year old. We need help moving into a 2 bedroom, 1 bath in Seattle by the end of March for school that begins April 1st. We have places selected and need to turn in applications but we need financial assistance. I want to do whatever I can to raise money for this. We have some income but not enough. I have $500 saved and she maybe has about the same but we will probably need about at least twice or 3x that amount to be able to move into a place.
Cowen

Post by Cowen »

My boyfriend was recently laid off and so we are only living off my income, which is $12.00 per hour and I work about 30 hours a week. I have a 6 month old and had this point we do not have any money to make rent in September. We just paid August so were good for a minute. Our rent is $1050.00 a month. My boyfriend is a Union Electrician with the IBEW 357. His unemployment will not kick in for about 4 to 5 weeks so we just need a little help for maybe the next 2 months maybe. We have never needed assistance before, so I'm not exactly sure who to ask for help. At this point we just barely go caught up financially with having a baby. If you could please either give me some information on getting assistance or give me a phone number or contact information of someone who could help us that would be great, I really don't want to be homeless in September. I know our landlord is very understanding but there is no way I will have enough money with my job alone to pay for rent. Thank you for your assistance in advance.
Soledad

Post by Soledad »

My 12 year old son and I were given a notice to terminate tenancy and had to move out on the 1st of this month. We have no place to stay and with the weather being nice, it allowed us to at least stay in a tent out at a river. I'm not eligible for any DSHS grant because I have used all my 60 month TANF grant. I've exhausted all of my other options and have not gotten any closer to getting us into an apartment and with most places having no funds to be able to assist me. I have a part time job making less than $700/month. I'm unable to pay for 1st month, last month and deposit to get us into an apartment. I am seeking any kind of assistance or grants available that could help pay for that. Possibly if available assistance with rent for low income single mothers. I really hope this can help us get one step closer to having a home. Hope to hear back from you soon, thank you.
Carney

Post by Carney »

I have had to change my business structure due to being a single father of two sons. This is mandatory so that my sons are not left alone night after night. I am in a down-turn financially at the moment until I can get my clientele base rebuilt. As of this email. I have a total of $600.00 to my name and roughly 1900.00 worth of bills for March facing me; 970.00 (rounded up) of which is my RENT which is due on April 1st. I am actively seeking new clients, and failing that, I am seeking employment with another company. I am new to being "broke", and I don’t like it very much. So this is not an easy thing for me. But for the moment, thank you for your assistance!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have a listing of resources and programs for single parents, dads, moms, and others. In fact, many nation charities actually focus on that need, such as YWCA, Co Adobe and others. Also, how/why have you used up all 60 months of TANF and still do not have a job? You really can't find a job in 5 years that can pay a portion of housing. If not, then not much more anyone can do for you. But here is our rental programs for moms. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gle_m.html
Igotthis

Post by Igotthis »

My special needs son and I have been forced into a homeless situation and need any help possible with the cost of moving into a new rental as we are currently sleeping in our car and have no family in the state to ask for possible help. We live on a limited income off SSI benefits and saving to move into a new place will take months and is not an option with a 2 year old special needs baby. Please help us as anything will help.
Chanelle

Post by Chanelle »

My husband and I live New Orleans LA in a home with 6 children in it. We both are teachers. My husband is a football coach at the high school and I am a substitute teacher. We are facing eviction from our landlord and our utilities are about to expire because we are not paid through the summer time. We have no money. Of the 6 children two of them are under 5. Please help us. We are 1 1/2 month behind in our rent and our lights will be out by Thursday. Please contact me if you can help. I can't cry anymore if fear of my babies being out on the street.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi, your email is very poorly written so we are not 100% what you are working for. But we think you are in AZ. If so, then use this for information on
Arizona homeless prevention and rehousing programs.
They may not only help with housing but also getting your kids settled into school. So those AZ rehousing programs may be best for you.