Help with credit card debt and student loans

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
lisampowell2212
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with credit card debt and student loans

Post by lisampowell2212 »

I am in definite need of help to pay off my credit card debt and student loans. I will need at least $75000 to cover all of it especially with the bad economy and I don't know who to turn to for help. I pray everyday hoping to get help to paying off my debt so I can start a new life and be able to go back to school and to move forward. I really need your help. Please Please help me. Thank you so much for your generosity.
helper

Re: Help with credit card debt and student loans

Post by helper »

For credit card debt help, try credit card hardship programs. Banks are more willing to work with people these days, as they would rather collect some cash than zero. Here is more info
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... d_com.html

You can also find info on student loan assistance here as well.
wolfie911

Post by wolfie911 »

I am aware of the hardship programs and currently working on the specifics with credit card companies. While I was able to get Discover to report as "paying as agreed", citi will only report "closed" during my 0% period. Does anyone know how bad the credit score ding is when reported as closed? I am current with all the cards, but carrying max balances coming out of divorce. Does anyone know Cit's track record of closing accts if the agreement is followed? I have a card from 1995 I would like to keep. Thanks for your feedback.

wolfie
Alford11
anti spam: Blue

Post by Alford11 »

Hello,
I am wondering who exactly you are. Are you a nonprofit organization? Who supports you, the government, other agencies, etc. Where does your funding come from? The reason that I’m asking this is that I’m doing some research for my niece who is buried in student debt. She cannot afford another penny to organizations who are looking to “help” someone or paid to "give advice" to someone who is already under water. If this is a free service, we may be interested in your assistance. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your niece needs help with the student loan debt, there are some FDIC as well as other government programs to help consolidate them. Now we assume she already looked into all the other resources for college students, such as abatements, waivers, etc. So have her look into these sources of low income loans.
Alford11 wrote:Hello,
I am wondering who exactly you are. Are you a nonprofit organization? Who supports you, the government, other agencies, etc. Where does your funding come from? The reason that I’m asking this is that I’m doing some research for my niece who is buried in student debt. She cannot afford another penny to organizations who are looking to “help” someone or paid to "give advice" to someone who is already under water. If this is a free service, we may be interested in your assistance. Thank you.
TimothyMcConnel

Post by TimothyMcConnel »

I am looking for financial help with for my husband's student loans as well as credit card bills. Together we have a total of $80,000. $40,000 from my graduate loans and $40,000 from my husband's graduate loans. Monthly we pay around $700 in student loan debt with an interest rate of 7.5%.
Two years ago we moved overseas for my husband's work. However, last August my husband was diagnosed with MS. Our student loan payments were never an issue until his diagnosis. Now we financially have to make sure my husband gets the right medical attention each month. My kids and I moved back to Colorado in July so our daughter could start the school year. Meanwhile my husband is finishing up work duties overseas, but is moving back October 18th.
Are there grants, scholarships or organizations that help people with current graduate, student loan debt?
Thank you so much for your help!!
Momsscolar

Post by Momsscolar »

-To Whom it may concern,
I need help with my student loan debt. My student loans are through Sallie Mae. I am embarrassed to say because I have not been able to pay my loans off due to employment and my credit card bills. The loans have grown with interest. I am drowning in debt. I have bad credit. Without good credit I am struggling to get approved for anything. Please help me pay back my student loans.
Rella

Post by Rella »

I need to consolidate credit card bills to pay off. I am still waiting on work but when I do get a job I will need to take care of bills so we can get a better credit in order to get an apartment. Is there any place near can help us with this issues? Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have many resources listed, and tips, on consolidating credit card debts. There are steps to take and ways to act.
Rella wrote:I need to consolidate credit card bills to pay off. I am still waiting on work but when I do get a job I will need to take care of bills so we can get a better credit in order to get an apartment. Is there any place near can help us with this issues? Thanks.