Need assistance awaiting disability approval

State and local government assistance programs.
dburkacki
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need assistance awaiting disability approval

Post by dburkacki »

Does anyone know where I can turn to for financial assistance while waiting for disability approval? My husband, daughter, self, and mother in law all moved here to NC from NJ about 4 yrs ago and bought this beautiful town home base on 3 incomes, however , due to an illness & back injury I am unable to work & have not worked in 3 yrs & have disability pending. And to top this off my mother in law was diagnosed w/breas cancer 6 yrs ago! To make a long story short my husband is in security & she is a school bus driver & has been using her savings to help carry us whilst awaiting for disability. Right now I am in the appeals process and am receiving medicaid/foodstamps -is there anywhere we can turn to for futher assistance? If her savings runs out we have no where to turn! Please!!! Can anyone help????????
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need assistance awaiting disability approval

Post by Admin »

Here are some of the programs that may be able to help while waiting on disability. Also how much would you expect from disability, as if you do not expect enough money to pay bills then these agencies and programs can even help post disability. Sorry to hear about mother and her cancer. Here are some of the programs help with bills in Crave that may aid you. Call some of the following, such as Coastal Community Action, Inc. which can be reached at (252) 223-1630.

dburkacki wrote:Does anyone know where I can turn to for financial assistance while waiting for disability approval? My husband, daughter, self, and mother in law all moved here to NC from NJ about 4 yrs ago and bought this beautiful town home base on 3 incomes, however , due to an illness & back injury I am unable to work & have not worked in 3 yrs & have disability pending. And to top this off my mother in law was diagnosed w/breas cancer 6 yrs ago! To make a long story short my husband is in security & she is a school bus driver & has been using her savings to help carry us whilst awaiting for disability. Right now I am in the appeals process and am receiving medicaid/foodstamps -is there anywhere we can turn to for futher assistance? If her savings runs out we have no where to turn! Please!!! Can anyone help????????
Insta

Post by Insta »

I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 2; I HAD TO QUIT MY JOB IN JANUARY OF THIS YEAR DUE TO MEDICAL PROBLEMS THAT FORCED ME TO QUIT MY JOB. I HAVE APPLIED FOR DISABILITY AND I AM AWAITING AN ANSWER FROM THAT. I DID NOT THINK THAT IT WOULD GET AS BAD AS IT HAS FOR ME, AND I JUST NEED SOME HELP UNTIL MY DISABILITY COMES THROUGH. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Watson

Post by Watson »

To whom it may concern,

I am a mother of two small children. I am unemployed, and my husband cannot work due to back problems, but is unable to receive any disability. We are behind on our rent, electric bill, we have no insurance on our cars, and my registration was up last month. We have no family that can help us. I have called every number that I have been given with no luck on help. I am heading to LIHEAP today to apply for assistance, but that doesn't help me not get kicked out to the streets with my kids. If you can or know anyone who can help, I would be very great-full.

Sincerely,
Wasted

Post by Wasted »

I recently lost my job at 6 years due to an incurable (Spasticity) condition that I have. I have applied for Social Security Disability. Because of the length of time disability takes I have no money to pay my bills. I'm about to be on the streets I just need help and not sure where else to turn. If you are able to help me please feel free to email me for further questions and information. Sincerely.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you try applying for disability or other public assistance? If you have legitimate back problems then that is what SSI was created for. We do have information on other government and public assistance in Pennsylvania, so you can also look into these as well as the disability payments. That information on medical, disability, and other cash assistance in PA can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... vania.html
F Smith

Post by F Smith »

Hello, I am 49 years old. I always work up until a year and half. I got hurt on the job working for a jail. I should say a large holding jail. Workers compensation is fighting everything because of a car wreak I had 25 years ago. And because I tried to shake it off and keep working. It just me taking care of my self. I've lost everything. My bills are piled up. I do get SNAP, and sometimes they will pay a shut off notice 2 times a year. I am on a lot of medicine, even that is getting hard to get. Please if any way possible can I get some help. I have field for disability but it takes so long. I am messed up from my neck down to my spine. I fell because the pants the jail gave me was to big and were men's pants. I took them to a seamstresses but you can't fix the way a pair of men's pants in the crouch. I was running to an assistants call when I fell. Please help me if you can. You can ask anyone in my town that I was a very hard worker. Thank you
Trader

Post by Trader »

I lost my job in April and my wife has been on a medical leave since the end of June and her disability insurance ended in September leaving us with no income. We have used all our savings and begun selling possessions to help pay rent and our living expenses while continuing to accumulate massive medical bills. I continue to apply for work and have to get my wife to her medical appointments. We could really use some type of hardship grant while we reapply for disability. Thank you for any information you can provide.
Yolanda0298

Post by Yolanda0298 »

I am 46 years old and my name is Youlanda and I been off working for 2 years awaiting Social-Security. I had worked 29 years before I became ill and my daughter started supporting me and in October 2015 my daughter became pregnant and lost her job and the bills piled up and now she 6 months pregnant and trying to work 7.25 a hour job to support me and her. It hurt my heart because I am sick and we don't have family or no one to help us and our lights are off and we months behind in rent.
We went to JCCEO once before they turned them off and twice since they been off and seems like I have no family. I have medication I can't get. I am very ashamed but the government won't help. I am so sad and hurt so if there is anyone who can help please respond.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you mentioned JCCEO, you must be in Jefferson County Alabama. If so, we have many more options listed for help then just JCCEO. The Social Security disability process can unfortunately take even more than 2 years, so you can't rely on that. You need to contact non-profits for housing, maybe enter into a payment plan for utilities, and do steps similar to that. But find our listing of Birmingham Alabama assistance programs that cover the entire county and area.
Yolanda0298 wrote:I am 46 years old and my name is Youlanda and I been off working for 2 years awaiting Social-Security. I had worked 29 years before I became ill and my daughter started supporting me and in October 2015 my daughter became pregnant and lost her job and the bills piled up and now she 6 months pregnant and trying to work 7.25 a hour job to support me and her. It hurt my heart because I am sick and we don't have family or no one to help us and our lights are off and we months behind in rent.
We went to JCCEO once before they turned them off and twice since they been off and seems like I have no family. I have medication I can't get. I am very ashamed but the government won't help. I am so sad and hurt so if there is anyone who can help please respond.
Ajai

Post by Ajai »

I would like your help please, only SECTION 8 HOUSING AUTHORITY. I owe $1257. I have not worked since April 21 2014 due to nerve damage. One year later I finally had a simulator implant in me for my right arm due to nerve damage but when work man’s compensation doctor 4 hour testing was done I only have a 25 % of my arm and now the RSD.
The diagnosis sucks. After that I had to stay with someone. I couldn't do anything while waiting on SSI disability approval. I lost your apartment from housing authority because someone called housing authority not giving a name. There was no way I could get dress by myself or cut my food up they didn't care so I got kicked out do to medical.
My doctor wrote notes; so did 3 people but they didn't care I called them as soon as they called me and told the truth but I have no money to pay the amount back.
I got no social security disability case yet. That should be at my work man’s comp hearing. It is soon but they don't want to pay much for your suffering and discomfort and only a couple hours of sleep a night is not good for my body; either is stress.
So hear is a little bit of my story. I have never ask for help this way but could really appreciate it.
Thank you for your help.
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I Live in Montgomery county, PA and I really need help with disability programs like transportation, legal help for a civil case, criminal case, and family law case, homeless assistance. I also need financial help until my SSDI back pay comes in, help to pay for a caregiver for myself, past Peco bill help, food help, help with furniture, a car, and other programs.
I also need resources for children with disabilities and myself and getting a caseworker or social worker, better treatment for our mental health’s and getting help in getting more involved in our community. And activities, more education, and camps for my son and getting him a computer for school and help with my student loans and getting my family help getting out of debt.