Living in Poverty

State and local government assistance programs.
Jackpot
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Living in Poverty

Post by Jackpot »

Good day to you. I am a 47 years old female. I have been sick and unemployed over 5 years now. I am spent out. I am not able to pay my rent or other Bills. I need financial assistance for me and my children to be O.k. I am poor and is living in poverty we go hungry every day. I am asking you to send me some money by express Air mail through the Post Office to me, urgently. I do not own a credit card. My mailing address is in Iowa.
Port Had

Re: Living in Poverty

Post by Port Had »

The day we moved into our new place in the Bronx my mom was supposed to get an unemployment check but instead got a letter of discontinuation. Our roommates are planning on moving out at the end of September. and they haven’t even paid their portion of the 1st month’s rent and deposit, not to mention we are one a 1 year lease and we can barely feed ourselves because I used my cash aid. In the home currently is me (21) my younger brother (18) and my daughter (7 months). Our roommates are both 19 years old with a 1 and 2 year old.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Do the family members work and have jobs? If so, you may be more likely to qualify for rent help in New York and/or the Bronx area. Also look at living in a cheaper apartment in the region, as if you are struggling with food then that is tough as both rent and food are basic necessities. In the meantime, look into programs for paying housing expenses in the Bronx. Continue rental assistance New York City.
Uline One

Post by Uline One »

We are in need of financial help until my SSI is approved. 3 disabled adults and one child in the home, and we are in effect in poverty. I have one daughter who is on SSI for a birth genetic defect which effects her immune system. My son works at a gas station and has epilepsy which is not under control and needs rides to and from to work. These 2 children are paying the rent. If you can help or know someone who can help it would be greatly appreciated.
Garnier

Post by Garnier »

My family and I need help getting back on our feet. I have been a stay at home mother, my boyfriend, who is also my baby's father, got laid off from his employment back in November. The day before Thanksgiving to be exact, and they have not called him back to work.
Well, recently he got a job at Stepping stones for living. He starts training on Monday! I, myself am so thankful he finally found a job. But, in the time he wasn't working, we used up our savings, and we are now in a bit of trouble as in poverty.
We are a month behind in rent, we will owe for June soon, we have a phone bill to pay, credit cards from a long time ago, and not to mention diapers and wipes as well as food. So I guess I’m asking for help to pay for this months rent and bills. $600.00 would be what we need to help us out. We rent from my mother, so we are lucky she hasn't kicked us out yet. Do you think we can get help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a tough time to lose a job. But that is a long list of needs. You can explore the main site for a listing of assistance programs. It is good to see your boyfriend has a new job. But until then, there are financial resources for paying bills that maybe you want to look into on the site.
Montevallo

Post by Montevallo »

We are in need of assistance to get out of poverty. Our rental company has filed an eviction, never gave any notice until day before eviction filed. My family an I moved to Florida from Missouri to be closer to family. Upon moving here, my husband was to go back to work at his previous employer, he did in fact work a short day for the company; but ended up in the emergency room.
We then found out that his kidneys had started to fail, he was advised to not work that strenuous of a job and not in the heat. He has been looking for employment, we had communicated this to the rental company, but they still filed eviction. He now has a job and I am still looking for work, have had offers for @home employment, but cannot accept if in jeopardy of losing home.
We have 3 children and our living in poverty. 1 has asthma and another is currently sick with pneumonia and possibility of heart condition (need to see cardiologist first). Our electricity has been turned off and we are relying on the kindness of family and friends at this time. We have tried to get help via COJ, but we were told that we came down here blindly (without jobs), but as I stated earlier; my husband did have job, just is unable to work in the conditions due to health issues. We are having a real hard time, we have been praying about our situation and hope the Lord will answer our prayers for some help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, good for you for having that mindset. There is some financial help from the government available as you work to increase your income, get an education, pay down debts, and take other critical steps. the journey will be long, but if you work, save, increase income, etc. it is achievable....like anything in life.
Montevallo wrote:We are in need of assistance to get out of poverty.
lucylew

Post by lucylew »

Dear Help,
I'm 66 & I became homeless 3 years ago due to an illness. I have a brain tumor. This causes constant neurological pain, & has taken away my ability to walk normally.
Illness often brings one to poverty & that's me.
I've been living in Brooklyn, N.Y. It's been impossible for me to find a new apartment, even after a 3 year search. I lived in my last place for 26 years, but because I fell in between all of the housing laws, I was unable to get any help on housing. Being without a home is difficult, especially when one is sick.
My nephew lives in Richmond, Va. I'm considering moving near his place. I'd like to get info on the homeless situation there & what help exists for us. I get $900. A month from the government-very little to sustain life.
I'd appreciate your help-& have good holidays!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

One of the main poverty fighting charities in NYC/Brooklyn is Catholic Charities. They may help you find housing too. Sorry to hear about the brain tumor...so sad. Clinics may also have referrals for you. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... lic_c.html
lucylew wrote:Dear Help,
I'm 66 & I became homeless 3 years ago due to an illness. I have a brain tumor. This causes constant neurological pain, & has taken away my ability to walk normally.
Illness often brings one to poverty & that's me.
I've been living in Brooklyn, N.Y. It's been impossible for me to find a new apartment, even after a 3 year search. I lived in my last place for 26 years, but because I fell in between all of the housing laws, I was unable to get any help on housing. Being without a home is difficult, especially when one is sick.
My nephew lives in Richmond, Va. I'm considering moving near his place. I'd like to get info on the homeless situation there & what help exists for us. I get $900. A month from the government-very little to sustain life.
I'd appreciate your help-& have good holidays!
Oneistheonly

Post by Oneistheonly »

Good day,
My name is Nate Bean and my family and I are in desperate need of help with our rent and utilities for the home we are living in. I've applied for the welfare plans for people in poverty at the Team Kentucky website and I've yet to hear anything.
Although I was recommended to to Community Action and Salvation Army, they said they couldn't help. I'm told that we make to much money.
I'm confused, I was told that poverty limit I believe was at 150 percent and I was at 220 percent. According to this chart, it looks like I would qualify.
I get that other people live in poverty too and need help too, it's just that, when all you see is advertisements that claim they will help, but really, you have to be almost unemployed to get that help.
Look, I have 5 daughters and a wife at home, who depend on me to take care of them and provide. I'm trying my best, it's just I just need a little help.
Please, can you see if you can possibly help us out with this situation.
IN DESPERATE NEED OF ASSISTANCE.
Thank you for taking the time.
I'll be looking forward to your response.