Light and gas bill Chicago help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
pcktt1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Light and gas bill Chicago help

Post by pcktt1 »

Hi I am on a fixed income and I had to move so I fell behind in my lights and gas I live in Chicago Illinois please help if possible I've already applied for the LHEAP program in Sept. of 2008 but I can only apply to them once a year if you or someone can help please I would be so grateful
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Light and gas bill Chicago help

Post by Admin »

Here are some chicago assistance programs.

Ameren Hardship Assistance for Residential Customers
The local community action agencies distribute these program funds based on the hardship experienced by customers with household incomes of up to 400 percent of the federal poverty level. The agencies may award grants of up to $600 per household.

Ameren Residential Bill Payment Assistance
Ameren will provide $300 energy assistance grants to low-income electric customers

Good Samaritan Initiative
Qualified participants can get their service restored by paying 20 percent or $250 of their remaining balance. To qualify, utility customers must have account balances too high to be covered by the state's Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, but less than $3,000. The initiative is run by the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services

ComEd - Rate Relief Program

Residential Hardship Fund: Variable grants of up to $1,000 to offset rate increases for people with special circumstances and hardships. Customers with household incomes up to 400 percent of the poverty level may be eligible if they identify a special hardship issue such as medical expenses, military service, seniors requiring in-home care or grandparents raising minor grandchildren, or a person in the home with a disability. Verification of hardship will be required. Apply at your local LIHEAP administering agency: www.illinoisliheap.com/community.html

CARE Helping Hand Initiative - Sign up by March 27, 2009
This new program is a one-time offer designed to provide some immediate relief to customers currently facing disconnection. It is open to any ComEd customer who has received a disconnection notice, regardless of household income.

Customers have two plan options: Pay 90 percent of the bill amount owed and ComEd will credit the remaining 10 percent, or pay 25 percent of the amount owed (10 percent if they are heat-related customers) and avoid disconnection by agreeing to a payment plan. The remaining balance can be paid over time without incurring any additional interest charges or fees.
JordyNelson

Post by JordyNelson »

The only problems with these programs in Chicago is most only help you once a year. Utilities has to be paid every month. My food stamps was cut back because they said I make to much money every month on unemployment, but I only get $720.00. My bills exceed that every month. I am behind now in my utilities and i have no food. What they give me in food stamps $157.00 a month with no cash aid only last three weeks if i'am lucky. I get food at churches but it's nothing but can goods. Just a matter of time before I lose my apartment as it is $600.00 a month,that's my whole check. Not right that section 8 housing is just for low income people with kids or are handicapped. I have no kids or wife and that makes it even harder for me. I was wrongfully terminated from my job 2-29-12. I can't even find help with that. Turned down one attorney after another.
AngelaM

Post by AngelaM »

I am in need of help with my Ameren bill, my electric has been shut off. I contacted LIHEAP and I was told there was not any help until winter. I work 20 hours per week, it's just not enough. I have and am trying for a second job but it is hard to find someone to schedule around my hours. As I do not have internet access at home I will include my phone #.
Bernanke1

Post by Bernanke1 »

Hello I hope I have reach a correct email address. I am writing in hopes of finding someone to help me with my Ameren account. I am behind by one month on my account. I am not asking for charity or a hand out I am asking for 2 more days on the disconnection notice I received. The day I received it I called and spoke with a customer service representative. I asked him for a 2 day extension and he told me no. so I made payment arrangements. I will have the first payment on those arrangements on Friday! Six months ago my family lost everything we had in Aurora. I am trying to get us back on our feet I wasn’t ignoring my bill I was trying to get everything caught up. I thought I would be able to pay it on Friday the 7th until I received the notice that it needs paid by the 5th which is Wednesday tomorrow, all I am asking for is someone to please stop the disconnection and give me two more days! I will pay the first payment on Friday the 7th. Please can someone help me!!! I have two children and the weather is suppose to get hot again. My youngest child is 3 years old. Please someone help me keep my electricity on!! PLEASE I am only asking for 2 days!!! Please help my children and myself. I am not really asking for that much as its 2 days. Please...I am begging please give me the two days to get my paycheck and I will pay the 100 dollars that I need.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You contacted the right people for information on your Ameren bill. We also have extensive information on other utility bill assistance programs in Chicago. You can call the company and ask about payment plans. Or look into emergency government aid such as LIHEAP. Either way there are some options for you, including these Ameren financial assistance programs in Illinois.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

I am a resident of Chicago, Illinois. I really need assistance with a light bill that I have been left to pay for 1,227 dollars. I just moved into my first apartment and someone used my identity and got utility services without my permission and now I'm struggling to pay the bill.
I'm 9 months pregnant and due June 11th. I have a son who's 2 years old that battles with asthma and have to take 3 medications at night if he's not feeling well. I went on maternity leave December 19, 2016 from my current job and was told I wasn't qualified for FMLA so I am currently laid off. Also, I failed a report with ComEd and I haven't received any information on how I can get help with the gas or lighting situation. I would be glad to hear from you guys!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are dozens of programs and agencies to try in Cook County. Some may help with light bills. Of course also try the government programs, including LIHEAP and there is also a crisis option for that too. Between these options maybe you can get the help you need.
Pantene

Post by Pantene »

Good morning, how does one acquire a LIHEAP Application in the state of Illinois in the city of Chicago for gas bills? Please advise.
I am in need of assistance for utility bills--gas, lights, and water--due to unemployment.
If you can forward additional resource information, I would appreciate that, as well.
Sincerely,