I am senior citizen and need a car

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
sam1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I am senior citizen and need a car

Post by sam1 »

Hello,
My name is Janice. I am a 64 year old senior disabled woman who desperately needs a car. I cannot get to doctor appointments or to pharmacies. I would like to have a part-time job to make a little money.
I want to go back to church I want to volunteer my only living relative I have one daughter 34 who is in a substance abuse program in Lakeland which is 80 miles from here and she it's going to be in the program for two years. Her two daughters my only grandchildren also live in Lakeland 80 miles away.
They are my only living relatives. When I was 23 years old my husband at the time murdered my mother, my father and my 16 year old brother so other than my daughter and two granddaughters. Since I have no car, I have no family and I have no way to get to Lakeland to see my granddaughters and I can't visit my daughter for a while.
She signed herself into a program but when I can I'd love to see her if I can just get a car as a senior citizen. This is very hard for me to ask for any kind of help I know am a very proud woman and it breaks my heart to ask for help but for two years I did everything I could to keep my daughter from being homeless, off of drugs.
I spent all my money on trying to help her. I lost my apartment, lost my section 8 because I was helping her so now I got another place she is gone into a program but I can't see myself digging out of this financial mess for a long time and I need a vehicle as a senior. I don't know if you can help me or not but if you would like to speak to me please feel free to call me my phone number and I will give you any information or maybe you could direct me. I wrote a letter to charity cars it's going to take me a long time financially to get back after what I went thru with my daughter and I can't see a light at the end of the tunnel and I can't expect my only 2 close friends to drive me everywhere as they are senior citizens too.
I have a lot of medical issues Including doctor visits and I'm just out of options. I don't know what to do the last car I bought which was a year ago was it an older pickup truck I paid $1,000 I was told it had a small radiator leak. It lasted one month and the engine went on it I just don't have the money to keep buying cars as a senior. I can afford insurance but I just can't afford to get a car if there's any way you can help me or direct me I would be forever grateful.
I want to find a church that I like in this area and right before the pandemic I got approved to volunteer at a thrift store. I wouldn't mind working a little part time job but I just am stuck right now as I have no car.
There are days I don't feel well enough to take a bus for two or three hours to get to where I need to go.
I have rheumatoid arthritis as well as other medical issues. I thank you for taking the time to read my email I'm sorry to have to ask anyone for help but I just don't know what to do anymore and I would appreciate any direction any ideas any anything I'm getting very depressed with the holidays here not being able to see my family and not having a car to go and see them and spend time with them. Thank you for your time. I hope I hear from you if not thank you for the time to read my email. God bless you and I hope you have a happy holiday.
Pantene
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am senior citizen and need a car

Post by Pantene »

Hello my name is Mary,
I have had a horrible chain of events happen to me. I am a senior citizen and I homeless and need a place to live immediately as well as a car. I am staying with a friend for now but can't stay too long. I have no money at the moment just lost my job. I need a car desperately because I live in 29 Palms in senior citizen housing and everything is so spaced out. The bus system is really bad here. I can use the car for work for like Uber or Uber eats. I am asking for help I need a break. I have had one thing after the other happen to me if I got the car I could sleep in that. Please help me. I am always helping other people when I have barely anything will give my last dollar to someone else. Please will you find it in your heart to help me?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am senior citizen and need a car

Post by Admin »

If you are homeless, o course you will not be able to get a car. You need a job, a way to sustain car payments, and a place to live. Car is your last need. That being said, if/when you have some stability, look here for a free car program. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _cars.html
Pantene wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:29 pm Hello my name is Mary,
I have had a horrible chain of events happen to me. I am a senior citizen and I homeless and need a place to live immediately as well as a car.