Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Kids
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Struggling for first time ever

Post by Kids »

Hi,
My name is Anna, I live in Easley SC. My youngest son Kale is 11 he should be going to Getty's Middle School in Easley; however, his Dr. at Greenville Developmental Pediatrics will not let him attend because of his Autism. Kale's doctor does not feel that Kale can practice social distancing, nor will he wear a mask due to sensory issues with his Autism. He has also been diagnosed with severe Anxiety, ODD, ADHD, OCD, and previously epilepsy. Due to this, my husband, Kale's father has had to quit his job to home school Kale, which has left me, working and trying to take care of a family of 4 (we also have a 17-year-old in his senior year of high school). I have gone to charities for help as we are really struggling for the first time in our lives. I have also applied my son for SSI per his doctor and he has been repeatedly denied yet medically homebound for 2 years now.
I have a decent job rather, a job that was acceptable when my husband and I were both working. My husband "quit" his job in May of 2020 due to Kale not being able to go to school. He filed for unemployment but was denied since he quit, "voluntarily" the company was aware that he had a sick child at home whom was homebound, medically. This however, made no difference when it came to unemployment benefits. I have been able to make ends meet up until recently with the help of charities. I have maxed out all our credit cards, and my bank account has .12 in it.
I have applied for food stamps; however, I was promptly denied because we are a family of 4 and you cannot make more than 2,800.00 per month. They said, it did not matter what my rent, power, car payments, medication, phone, insurance costs were. "Once the 2800.00 mark per month is hit", you are automatically disqualified. We are not people that ride the system, or look for handouts, we are in desperate need of help as we are struggling right now for the first time! I have contacted our "211" number for local assistance however, no one has funds left.
I have tried to get a second job to no avail to help end these struggles. I had to go to a food bank at a local charity yesterday, for the first time in my life. I am a college educated person, I do not normally need help, however. I NEED HELP! I again have absolutely no money and we are struggling with the necessities. I am sure that you all hear this a ton of times a day, but I am begging you please help me with any programs that you all have available right now, especially bill assistance (my car payment and insurance are behind If this is taken from me I have no way to work or to get my son to dr. Appointments, our phone is due to be cut off next week) and food assistance. We are not even able to have Thanksgiving dinner today because I could not afford groceries. Please help us from going hungry.
Thank you so much,
Colonel Bradoff
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Struggling for first time ever

Post by Colonel Bradoff »

I am reaching out to get help with finances. I jam struggling for the first time in my life. I just started a new job today that can pay my bills each month. However I am 2 months behind and my salary does let cover that to catch up.
Right now my rent is past due $2680
Car payment $1500
Phone $158
I just got SNAP allowing me some relief for groceries. But my job is in Denver so I’ll be spending more money on gas.
I am a single mom. I’ve been struggling with health and finances all year, for the first time ever, since we got to Colorado. My son just turned 2. I am now filing for child support because I was able to find a lawyer who is working working with what afford to help me fight for it with custody.
In about a month I might be getting child support. An eviction notice will go out this week though for my apartment. I’m praying to save my home and my car.
Thank you so much.