Contact the Red Cross

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
trex
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Contact the Red Cross

Post by trex »

My name is Stan and my wife's name is Jayme.   I’m retired from the United States ARMY in 2004 with 22 years of service and the red Cross said to try you for veteran resources.    My son is 16 and my daughter is 6.   I served in the Iraq War.
      We were recently in the flood that hit Granite CITY IL IN July 2019 and lost our whole basement due to all sewer water  and 16 year old sons’ room.   My wife also broke her foot in July a few days before the flood.   She has been out of work since and not getting paid.   This is a very hard time for our family.    Surgery is October 30.   It's been a hard time for us and the Red Cross told us to contact you.    If you are able to offer any help that would be appreciated.    Thank you.  
SteveKerr

Re: Contact the Red Cross

Post by SteveKerr »

Hello there!
My name is Nichole, and I have baby items to GIVE; but I don't want someone to have to pay for them, even in a church store/resale prices. Will the Red Cross take the items and give them away for free?
I want them to go directly to a Mom in need. I know what its like to struggle, and I was blessed to get everything and more for my baby shower from family/friends. Now that my little guy is 18 months, it's time to give some of it away.
Do you know if there is a way to contact a single person within an organization like the Red Cross to make this happen? Or could you have someone reach out to me? Northwest Compass can only take brand new items for babies, and I refuse to take to a thrift store as I want these things to be free.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Contact the Red Cross

Post by Admin »

Hi Nichole,
That is great of you to give and donate. The Red Cross may take them, but there are many other charities and clothing closets too. They will take work clothes, items for kids or adults and more. Find details on free work clothes near you.
SteveKerr wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:48 am Hello there!
My name is Nichole, and I have baby items to GIVE; but I don't want someone to have to pay for them, even in a church store/resale prices. Will the Red Cross take the items and give them away for free?