Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Travolta
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Living in an RV parked at church

Post by Travolta »

Good Morning,
My sister is located there in Capitola and I am in Florida. She has major medical issues and has lost almost everything.  She is a degreed teacher with now physical limitations and has been living in a church facility parking lot in her RV.  She cannot pay for anything to include heat, food basic living necessities but does get very little food stamps...I am providing financial support when I can but also support my family here in Florida and our Mom's medical bills in Sacramento.
My heart breaks for I do not have the means to send more money than I do with is very little at times.
Can you provide me with information on support programs you may have to help my sister pay for or get out of the RV that is in the parking lot at the church?
She is trying to locate employment and file for disability but it’s a very slow process.Thank you for your consideration to this email.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Living in an RV parked at church

Post by Admin »

We do have information on support programs for housing. Maybe they can help your sister get out of the RV park. But have her ask the church too for resources, as many churches assist. In addition to that, find the rental assistance programs.
Travolta wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:30 am My heart breaks for I do not have the means to send more money than I do with is very little at times.
Can you provide me with information on support programs you may have to help my sister pay for or get out of the RV that is in the parking lot at the church?
She is trying to locate employment and file for disability but it’s a very slow process.Thank you for your consideration to this email.
Gloriana

Post by Gloriana »

Hello, I am a disabled female in need of any help possible. I'm currently living in an RV parked at a church. I'm dealing with both mice and mold. I was told a year ago I needed hip replacement surgery ( I can barely walk) I watched my mom take her last breath last month. I live on my parents property in the RV.
My dad and I have never got along. Narcissist/scapegoat. I stood up to him finally last summer and he charged me like a raging bull. I don't feel safe here now with mom gone at all! I can't get any help. I'm beyond desperate at this point!!!!! Giving up fast... I don't have any fight left in me. I'm in ALOT of pain and I just don't know how much longer I can do this honestly. Please, help me if you can with my RV parked at a church? I want to move out of this area completely. I'd like to move to Spokane if possible. I have a friend from childhood over there that recently lost her mom too. She's the only reason I'm still breathing today actually. I thank you for reading and look forward to your reply.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are living in the church parking lot, in an RV, ask the church for advice. Many have pantries, information on charity programs, maybe a few dollars for gas, etc. Look here for church assistance programs. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ance_.html
Larry T

Re: Living in an RV parked at church and what to do?

Post by Larry T »

Hello. My name is Jessi. I am a 53 year old, disabled, homeless, woman, living in a converted transit RV , in Richmond CA, parked at a church. A few weeks ago my doctor informed me that I have five herniated discs in my lower back, in addition to scoliosis, arthritis, as well as something called spondilysis (once upon a time, I was a world class athlete). At any rate, apparently the extent of the bone damage makes me ineligible for either disc replacement surgery, and/or spinal fusion. Although I experience such constant, debilitating, pain that I am unable to walk - or even stand up - for more than a few minutes at a time, my doctor is not sure what - if anything - can be done to alleviate my symptoms. (For obvious reasons, I am unwilling to use opioid medication for pain management).
Despite these difficulties, I am still committed to doing everything in my power to make the world a better place. For the past several years I ran a food/clothing donation kiosk, and managed to serve several hundred people, for over two years, without any financial support whatsoever from either government agencies or nonprofit organizations. I also organized a distribution network to ensure that any excess donated food would not wind up going to waste. All of this I managed to do while also navigating a rapidly deteriorating spinal column.
However, I am no longer as strong as I used to be, even with the help of the church. My health situation has now gotten to the point where I need to ask for help to get out of this RV. The reason I have been able to live on my RV for so long is because I'm parked in an industrial area. There are no schools, shopping centers, grocery stores, churches, anywhere near me. While this is great in terms of reducing police harassment, it makes accessing basic necessities somewhat difficult. I have a car now, but the registration is expired, and it would cost almost a thousand dollars to pay off the fees. In addition, the car has numerous mechanical issues that have deteriorated to such an extent that I no longer feel safe driving it. Although my husband is able to ride his bicycle to go and get food for us, the fact that I am entirely dependent on someone else just for my basic survival, is extremely demoralizing living in an RV at a church. For the very first time in my entire life, I actually feel HELPLESS, and It's HORRIBLE.
I'm writing this letter to ask for your help in attaining a new/working vehicle. A car will allow me to maintain a modicum of independence, and would also make it possible for me to continue to bring food, clothing, medical supplies, dog food, toiletries, and other much needed donations, to Richmond's homeless residents. While my physical problems make it impossible for me to maintain a full time job, this does not mean that I am unable to do anything. I just need a little support to get out of this RV. Do your think that there might be some way your organization or another church can provide that for me? I would be extremely grateful for whatever assistance your organization might be willing/able to provide.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Jessi
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Living in an RV parked at church and what to do?

Post by Admin »

Maybe try an homeless prevention - rehousing program. That may be able to help you get a place to live and out of the RV. Some churches offer it but there are other charities as well that offer rapid rehousing. Look for them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... nd_ra.html
Larry T wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:37 am I just need a little support to get out of this RV. Do your think that there might be some way your organization or another church can provide that for me? I would be extremely grateful for whatever assistance your organization might be willing/able to provide.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Jessi