Salute a Hero

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Tasi Fish
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Salute a Hero

Post by Tasi Fish »

I'm not sure who else to try to contact. I have tried reaching out to is scared.org and salute a hero, they both sent links. But none of them could help or their program doesn't start until November. I wrote those places because my husband is a veteran. And was hoping there was help for a veteran having hardship.   My husband works very hard every day, but when he had to take a promotion at work they took his overtime away and we were pretty much living on his overtime. We had to stop paying on credit cards and tried a program that is supposed to help consolidate our bills... But the payment that they were asking for was too high it was over $200 which we didn't have.
I signed up for the budget billing and when they gave me the due date I told him my husband didn't get paid yet and if it wasn't paid on the due date we would be disconnected so I got on a payment arrangement again the due date was not when my husband got paid it was a week later and when we didn't make our payment on a payment plan on the day that it was due again because my husband did not get paid for another week. They could only give us a few days extra. Then  we were disconnected.. We have been disconnected on Vectren gas bill since September 9th and trying to find help. Have been trying to pay on or Electric. Then it was also up for disconnect. But thankfully the Salvation Army paid $333 to keep us from being disconnected.  We almost lost everything at the same time our house was almost foreclosed but thank God Homestead helped us...with hardship papers and our home is no longer up for foreclose. Seems that when one thing happened the others are falling down my Dominos no matter how much we try.
If we could just to get caught up on all of our utilities We can get back on track. We have a car payment we are now caught up on, almost caught up out water bill but it's getting cold out and we have no heat, no hot water. We have been taking showers at family members’ homes. And have to heat up water in our microwave and the microwave is only way we Have to cook what little food we can buy.
I am disabled. But did not work long enough to collect a social security disability check.
As I was staying at home with our children. I was able to get SSI. But then when my husband got a raise. They took me off of SSI and had to pay back $4000 because I could not print his check stubs. We had no printer and didn’t know anyone that did. But I did call SSI office and turn in that my husband got a raise. And left the link for work one on an email for my caseworker. Also had to provide  salary keys for her to check my husband's income. But she stated to me that wasn't her job, so I called above her. The man told me that they can check work one and that was her job. Still for 4 years they took our tax check to pay my "Over payment" back.  We just need some help and now we have to pay $167 on electric again. By Tuesday or we will be shut off on electric also. My husband's check is being garnished and he brings home $670 every two works, we pay $337 every two weeks on mortgage and $198 on car payment. So, we are paying $337 on mortgage, 198 on car, and $167 on electric  = $703 and he don't even make enough to pay than. And we need help with food, can't even buy and Christmas gifts our 5 grandkids for the 2nd year in a row and its breaking my heart.  If you know somewhere can Help us in this time of need. Area 4 doesn’t start their program for help with gas and electric until November st. Our electric will be shut off Tuesday October 16th ..and our gas has been shut off since September 9th. If you have any info on where we could get held. We would very much appreciate if you help us get in the right direction. God blesses-Brenda
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Salute a Hero

Post by Admin »

We are not sure who those groups are. But we have resources for you here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
A number of low income programs we have listed, for hero and others.
Tasi Fish wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:14 pm I'm not sure who else to try to contact. I have tried reaching out to is scared.org and salute a hero, they both sent links.
MrWilliams

Re: Salute a Hero

Post by MrWilliams »

Hello, my names Toni.
I live in Dayton OH, with my daughter who is expecting her second child come April. She is married to a veteran, who is a hero in our eyes.
I haven't had bills in my name in years. Because of outstanding balances.. I do have a car and a job; I'm trying to better my life and get out on my own. I need any sort of assistance on my old Pal and Vectren bill or any guidance to maybe get help.
   Thank you, Toni.