I want to donate clothes

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Jonathan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I want to donate clothes

Post by Jonathan »

Hello - I work in a professional office-type setting and have a large amount of dress pants, dress shirts, jackets/blazers, and at least one suit, if not more, that I would like to donate to a Catholic charity.  The clothing items are very gently used, some are still brand new, but have been pressed.  What I would like to do is provide these clothes to a charity that helps those in need that are in process of finding a job and dressing for interviews etc.
I have lost a lot of weight over the past year or so and the clothes are still nice and in very good shape, they are just too big for me now and this is why I want to donate.
Please let me know of a charity or location that would accept these clothes for the specific donation purposes mentioned above.  I will not donate to just a regular salvation army or goodwill because I would like these clothes to be for someone who is motivated and trying to make better of themselves but just needs some help in this area.
I am willing to drive to a location outside of Jacksonville if necessary, but would like to see if there is something in Jacksonville first.  St Augustine, Amelia Island, etc., places that are fairly close, I would be fine with.
Thank you and I am eagerly awaiting a response so that I can donate.
An email response if fine, I can also be reached.  Please leave a message if I do not answer at time of call.
Brandy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I want to donate clothes

Post by Brandy »

I am looking for guidance in obtaining i formation on where to donate clothes for clothing assistance. I have been served an eviction notice for lack of payment this month and want to donate my belongs and clothes. I have three children, 14, 6 & 3, and not sure where to turn. This is the first time I've had to request this type of help for my family. I'm desperate to keep our home for my children and thank you in advance for any direction you can send me.