Salvation Army services for those on SSDI disability

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
KarinaMiguel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Salvation Army services for those on SSDI disability

Post by KarinaMiguel »

I was told by a colleague that Salvation Army or an organization that works closely with the Salvation Army helps persons on medical assistance disability participate in financial counseling to establish how much people on medical assistance need to make to A) sustain benefits, B) make enough to find a livable wage while maintaining benefits.
I have a client on SSDI who is finishing college and on disability who wants to get off disability but worries about how she will function in a job and is very concerned about losing a job and then also losing her health care.
Can you tell me if there is a nonprofit that provide financial counseling for clients?
Capture
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Salvation Army services for those on SSDI disability

Post by Capture »

Hello,
My name is Elizabeth and I’ve been homeless with my son for a couple of years now with some money coming in from SSDI. The reason why we are homeless is because I was involved in a brutal domestic violence relationship with a man-a man who claims his actions stemmed from his drug use. He is currently in a Salvation Army program in Perris California. Although I’m sure he is grateful for the help of your services, he has stated to me that there is no help for me or my son from the Salvation Army and so have many of the resident managers at that location.
However, when calling around to the Salvation Army for services for people on SSDI, as a last ditch effort to community resources, I keep being directed back to you all!
I’m emailing because I am at my last straw. We are at the end of a motel voucher program a bit worse then when we began. I started this program 3 months ago with a lot of hope because I had a car and jobs looked promising but when my car was totaled out, life changed. I have not been able to work living in in the town of Norco California, I’ve also not been called locally by any business for work. In that time-my bills have fallen behind. There are only a couple and they are delinquent this month.
I am emailing to find out if there is assistance to help me pay my phone bill and my storage bill from the Salvation Army, as I need a phone for my medical needs for the SSDI disability? All of my furniture for my two bedroom condo and all of me and my child’s possessions also included. I do not know exactly where to call in your program because when I call Riverside county numbers, I keep getting redirected and I’m running in circles at the end of the day and ot getting any closer to getting assistance that I’m seeking.
Could you please help me with a point of contact who would be able to further assist me in possibly paying my phone and storage bill for this month? You can respond to this email or call my phone.
I look forward to your response and have a nice day!