Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Yousef
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Salvation Army not giving back

Post by Yousef »

Good evening
I write to you on behalf of my sister who lives in Marion Virginia but has an outstanding electric bill from Wythe County. My sister was recently awarded a low income apartment with her developmentally challenged grandson whose mother is incarcerated and whose father is a drug addict. The child has no one but her and she has stayed with family members and friends- taking him wherever she can find a safe and warm place for them- while awaiting the decision on their new home. She has called the Marion VA Salvation Army several times seeking help. She has nothing - not even a bed for him to sleep in.
She needed help with the deposit and was rudely told by the man who does intake "we can't help you here". She was able to gather the funds through family members. She has no bed for her grandson and once again called the same man who does "intake" that "we can't help you here" and finally she called once more seeking help to pay an old utility bill so the electric could be switched to her name - spoke to the same intake man in Marion VA begging for help and he said.... Yep you guessed it "we can't help you here". So today I called on her behalf and I spoke with the rudest person I had ever imagined would work for the Salvation Army! I have donated many things to SA and given $ as well and I never in life thought my family member would not only be turned down for help with her grandson but by someone so rude. They did not give to us in our time of need. As soon as I called - my phone has an out of state area code - he said "we can't help you here because you are from out of state". This was before I even ASKED for help!!!! Can you imagine!!!??? Because I can't say I would have my job for more than one day if I spoke to ANYONE like this on the phone. Make an anonymous call yourself and see what I've written here is true.
I couldn't believe it and when I asked to speak with someone else he refused to give back to us. When I asked his first name he refused. I would like someone to please call me so she can get just a little "hand up" while she makes a safe home for that baby. It's just wrong all she has come through to be talked to that way and I'm not real happy about the way I was spoken to either. I need to speak to someone who can find it in their heart to treat her with just a little respect because we never know when our time of need will come.
Tweed

Re: Salvation Army not giving back

Post by Tweed »

Good morning, I was kind of lost on the website trying to see where or who I would talk to about assistance paying my water and gas bill as the Salvation Army is not giving me any aid. They have both been shut off. I live in Victorville CA and need a Salvation Army there. I am also in the process of being evicted. I don't know where to start or how to get help. Legal aid has help me stay in my home but being without water and gas is taken a toll. Please help or direct me to someone who can help instead of the Salvation Army who is not giving back to me. Please and thank you in advance. I do get food stamps and lived in California for four years and this is the first time asking for any help.
Soledad

Post by Soledad »

Good Morning, I am sending this email to request for information to obtain assistance in order to pay a past due balance on my utility bill. it seems like the Salvation Army is not giving back to me. I am not sure where I would need to go to get a referral, nor do I know the agency that I am supposed to contact in a situation such as this, other than The Salvation Army.
I am aware that with the SA, a referral is needed from the utility company in order to receive assistance. Is there any way that you could assist me with this? What information would I need to provide? I thank you in advance for your help in this matter.Respectfully,Margot Pittman
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a Victorville Salvation Army. And they "give back" when they have resources to give back and when the applicant is qualified. No one is entitled to any assistance other that that. Also ask your water company for a payment plan. Find more on Salvation Army in San Bernardino County.
Tweed wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:57 am Good morning, I was kind of lost on the website trying to see where or who I would talk to about assistance paying my water and gas bill as the Salvation Army is not giving me any aid. They have both been shut off. I live in Victorville CA and need a Salvation Army there. I am also in the process of being evicted. I don't know where to start or how to get help. Legal aid has help me stay in my home but being without water and gas is taken a toll. Please help or direct me to someone who can help instead of the Salvation Army who is not giving back to me. Please and thank you in advance. I do get food stamps and lived in California for four years and this is the first time asking for any help.
Roker

Post by Roker »

Hi, I have emailed and called the Salvation Army 4 times looking for help for me and my family who currently are homeless and sleeping in my car. It seems like they are not giving back to me at least! I also tried New hope, 211 and several others referred me to there, the Salvation Army.
Can someone please call me or email me please. I have tried several times to do an intake with 211 to get assistance and I keep getting told to call back a different day then I call and it’s another day etc....