Praying for help in Dawson, Georgia

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
HR1182
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Praying for help in Dawson, Georgia

Post by HR1182 »

Hey, my name is Heather. I am on Disability check. I just let my good friend who is pregnant with her second child and her baby move in. They were homeless after her baby daddy got put in jail recently. We live in Terrell County (aka Dawson), Georgia. Unfortunately I am on prepay and my landlord is a slum landlord not wanting to fix anything, so we are currently using one small heater and we are freezing still. Also having issues with transfer of WIC for her, causing to borrow money constantly that it's making me deep in the hole, just to help with baby milk. I'm trying to hang on for both of us, as well as my animals. My animals are my children (unfortunately I am not able to have kids so they have been with me through my abusive marriage and divorce as well as other trauma things for going on over 10 years). Struggling with food sometimes too. I hate even asking for help but I don't know what to do nor don't want to stress my friend who is pregnant. I'm praying and hoping to find some help..anything is appreciated. Thank you and have a bless day.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Praying for help in Dawson, Georgia

Post by Admin »

That is a lot to deal with. Maybe try a few places on the website, one being the programs for your county here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... nce_p.html
We also have tons of statewide resources listed for Georgia, everything from legal aid to section 8 housing, grants for bills, and more.
HR1182 wrote:Hey, my name is Heather. I am on Disability check. I just let my good friend who is pregnant with her second child and her baby move in. They were homeless after her baby daddy got put in jail recently. We live in Terrell County (aka Dawson), Georgia. Unfortunately I am on prepay and my landlord is a slum landlord not wanting to fix anything, so we are currently using one small heater and we are freezing still. Also having issues with transfer of WIC for her, causing to borrow money constantly that it's making me deep in the hole, just to help with baby milk. I'm trying to hang on for both of us, as well as my animals. My animals are my children (unfortunately I am not able to have kids so they have been with me through my abusive marriage and divorce as well as other trauma things for going on over 10 years). Struggling with food sometimes too. I hate even asking for help but I don't know what to do nor don't want to stress my friend who is pregnant. I'm praying and hoping to find some help..anything is appreciated. Thank you and have a bless day.