Moving for sick mother

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Mount Pleasant
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Moving for sick mother

Post by Mount Pleasant »

Hi, I was a resident in Sevierville for about 5 years. I moved a few years back & I’ve been in New York since helping my mother. I'm looking to move back to Sevierville with my son & fiancé for permanent housing. Is there any agency or charity group that could help us get back to Tennessee? We have fallen on hard financial times & can’t afford to stay in New York but we're having a hard time getting back to Tennessee where we can afford to live. If you could get back to me at your earliest convince I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Siva1

Re: Moving for sick mother

Post by Siva1 »

Hello,
I was looking to get information on moving. I was given a paper by my disabled and mentally sick mother that is supposedly for the Salvation Army in order to get help for paying rent and unities. Does the S.A. provide papers for current renters to sign to get help to move? Does it contain your company seal? If so could you provide me with a pdf file of it please?
Gambino

Post by Gambino »

Good morning, I was reading your web site and already having received my referral from One Roof. I'm prayerful that Bridge Ministries will help me and my sick mother. I read your web-site about what type of assistance your ministry offers; 1: Emergency Family Shelter for homeless single parent moms 2: Short-term emergency lodging as well as moving help at a local motel 3: Jefferson County applicant will be issued a loan for their moving expense needs 4: Security deposit program with human services to assist through case management until applicant has stability with job placement.
I truly believe your ministry will help me; My family, my sick mother and I have been homeless for a while now and continuing to struggle to receive the assistance that your facility provides. I was invited to close my file and I have been waiting for assistance since May 2017 with this being my second time and still no assistance. My authority is my own I goner my own business please understand, I'm worn out just asking for help off the streets.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your mother is sick, try a disability agency. Each state has them. Maybe some will help you move. Maybe give grants or volunteers to help. Each state has services for the disabled and assistance programs. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... stanc.html
Josette Ciceron

Post by Josette Ciceron »

Hi, my name is Elizabeth and we just moved here to Tennessee a few months ago from California to care for my sick mother. We also moved here for a job for my guy but it has not turned out the way we hoped and not we are really struggling. We moved in with a friend and his family but now they are asking us to leave in the next couple of months and we are afraid we won't be able to afford rent. We always have EBT and are all on TennCare but I'm trying to see what else we can do.
I found a new apartment complex in Farragut that's closer to my sick mother and being built and it's going to be done by the time we need to be out. It's for low family income but I'm afraid even though we meet the requirements that we still might not make enough to be accepted. They do accept help and all that and they told me to submit an application to live there but I wanted to reach out before I do that. I'm not sure if you are even the person I need to talk to or how I go about getting more help.
Please email me back and at least lead me in the right direction. I'm worried what is going to happen come January when they want us out and I have 2 small kids and a sick mother I'm also trying to protect. Thank you so much for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since your mother is sick, maybe a church in Tennessee can help you with the move. There may be volunteer groups in Memphis or Shelby County for example to help pack boxes, move, care for your mom and more. Locate M<emphis churches that help the low income.

Josette Ciceron wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:59 am Hi, my name is Elizabeth and we just moved here to Tennessee a few months ago