Looking for help in Dallas, TX - PLEASE HELP

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Needy_Dallas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Looking for help in Dallas, TX - PLEASE HELP

Post by Needy_Dallas »

I have been unemployed since last November and my boyfriend has been unemployed since last December. We put every last penny into starting our own business but are now facing a nightmare without a dime to our name. I sold my car to pay the mortgage, his was repossessed since we could no longer afford the payments, we have shut up every unnecessary bill, no more home phone, cable, we've pawned everything and sold things on craigslist just to keep the house - which is the last thing we have left that can be taken away. Our electric bill is scheduled to be shut off YESTERDAY which means it will go any minute, and we will not have the $550 to prevent that from happening for weeks, since I wasn't eligible to get unemployment benefits, and my bf was. Texas Workforce Commission is a joke and he gets barely enough to feed the two of us. We have animals and they get to eat every other day to stretch out the food they have left. I eat ramen every other day. We have nothing left to sell, and even though we will be getting loans from the bank for our business in the next few months, it isn't soon enough to keep us from losing the power. We have exhausted every friend or family member with the means to help us and now have no where else to turn to. I have no children so I am not eligable to get financial assistance from TANF, it seems they only will help if you have kids, or are old. What about two young struggling adults? Is there any where we can turn to? TXU will not work with me to push back the disconnection date since it has been shut off four times since we lost our jobs.

How can I find help? Who do I call or go to? Anybody know of phone numbers or websites for Texas or the Dallas area? Thanks so much for any advice or pointers...
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Looking for help in Dallas, TX - PLEASE HELP

Post by Admin »

Try the Dallas Community action agency, which is called the Urban League of Greater Dallas and North Central Texas . (214) 915-4600
They can refer you to programs, such as LIHEAP, and can ever refer you to other local charities and non-proft groups that may also have assistance programs. Some of the services they may have include job training and help finding a new job.

Here is more info on Dallas area programs as well. Also defintely navigate around the main site needhelppayingbills for details on many different programs
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

We live in Dallas and we have 6 children ages 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 and 6 month old. I work full time and my husband does landscaping part time due to the fact about 2 years ago we both had fulltime jobs and we were in a stable financial times but we found out that my daughter were getting molested at my sister in laws house where they were being babysit. So since then we decided to watch our own kids, and volunteers from a charity helped us pay for it.
Well back in December we got broken in, they took shoes, little gift we had bought for the kids and some of my rent $(400.00)…. Then now around December 15 I got laid off from a job where I was for almost 3 years…
I was without working for like a month and a half until I found a new job and then it took me almost a month to get a whole check, so our bills started to get behind, now were getting evicted with nowhere to go. I’ve been paying what I can but I still owe 771.10……my kids are fixing to go back to school next month and we aren’t ready I have 5 in school already…
I was wondering if for any reason there’s a possibility that we can get help from your charity.... any help is appreciated… Sorry if we are bothering you with our life issues……
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not the charity you are "bothering"...in fact, you are not bothering us at all! But we do not provide direct financial help. We recommend other charities on Dallas, such as St. Vincent. So try them for assistance. They have many resources for you and maybe your 6 kids. Some are directly run, others may be from referrals. but try them. Read more Dallas St. Vincent de Paul assistance programs.
Tiger wrote:We live in Dallas and we have 6 children ages 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 and 6 month old.
Scott Chhn

Post by Scott Chhn »

Yes, I live in Balch Springs TX in the Dallas County area and I'm needing help with finding a place of my own. I have 3 young children. My youngest is with me she's 10 months and my boys live with my oldest daughter their 8-9.
I need a place they can already call home and I'm needing these place in order for me to bring them with me where they belong, can you please help me or lead me to the right direction please, and thank you God bless.
Amber Tooley

Post by Amber Tooley »

Hello. My name is Rebekah. Recently this past November my daughter and I fled from a domestic abuse situation in Dallas Texas. She was 8 months pregnant at the time. We had to leave most of our things of memorialbia and pictures. Anything of monetary value he stole and we didn't have time to find movers for our furniture. Prior to this my Dad passed 2 Years ago in December and my son committed suicide 2 years this past February. His identical twin brother found his deceased body.
My ex husband is providing a roof over my daughter, grand baby and my head for now by the grace of God. But we just can't seem to get ahead. My two kids and myself are on a Family phone plan that is 2 months in rears and is due for shut off on the 15th. My daughter just started back working last week. Her daughter is a little over 8 weeks and I watch her while she's working and then I'm also a part time care taker for a disabled veteran. It worries me and riddles me with anxiety to think that if our phones are shut off that I won't be able to get a hold of my daughter or vice versa about the baby and my remaining sons mental health has Just rapidly been decreasing. I don't know if your organization or a place in Dallas TX is able to help with our cell phone bill or if you can refer us to an organization that can. But I'd be grateful. Thank you for your time.