Page 1 of 1

Churches That Help

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:36 pm
by ss2010
How do you find churches that help with bills and rent. ss2010

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:34 pm
by Admin
Honestly, there is no secret. You just need to call them and ask. If they don't have funds, they can often redirect you and tell you where to go.

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:51 am
by erkel
I need help with my light bill everywhere I go noone can help churches running out of funds, and I'm not working and I need my bill to go down it's just rising one church help brought it down and its going right back up, I go to CRT they told me I have to heat with electric in order for them to help with the bill, after I took them my shut off notice how sad, so please contact me any help I can receive,Any other churches or charities? Thanks

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:53 am
by Admin
So you tried churches, and they are out? Sounds like you tried charities too. So maybe now want to try energy programs from utility companies. Things like Operation Roundup. Many utility companies offer direct financial assistance and other aid to those who need help. This program focuses on the northeast part of the nation.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ope ... ance_.html
erkel wrote:I need help with my light bill everywhere I go noone can help churches running out of funds, and I'm not working and I need my bill to go down it's just rising one church help brought it down and its going right back up, I go to CRT they told me I have to heat with electric in order for them to help with the bill, after I took them my shut off notice how sad, so please contact me any help I can receive,Any other churches or charities? Thanks

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:01 am
by Ellen
i am from Columbus, Ohio. USA............someone told me that you might be able to help us we go to a church in Edinburgh Ohio called The house of Mercy......they shut off our electric over a year ago and we have not been able to come up with the money to get it back on. i think we still owe like 1500.00 or so and right now we don't have alot of members or people coming to get the money to have it turned back on the electric company is being a little mean about us paying whatever we can get each week i don't know what else to do .. We still go to church every Sunday have all year in the COLD and in the Heat we still are faithful to Our Lord and show up and praise him in any weather our pipes froze up last winter it was so cold but we keep on praying and going on. anyways someone told me you guys might be able to help us in some way i dont know but we really miss the music and use of the bathroom not having electric and all.....if you cant help do you know who can help us out? I love this church and the pastor is great Reverent we all pray for our church and I believe God wants me to reach out to fellow believers and see what happens.........thanks for reading this and have a good night and God Bless May God bless You and have a great day

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:44 am
by Admin
Well, many churches do provide assistance. They may have small amounts of cash to use for electric bills, rent, or medications. But even id they do not have cash, they can usually provide guidance on who does have cash and can provide aid. For example, they can refer people to local government programs, community action agencies, and just be there to listen and guide people to getting help. More on church assistance programs and options for the low income, working poor, and very low income.
Ellen wrote:i am from Columbus, Ohio. USA............someone told me that you might be able to help us we go to a church in Edinburgh Ohio called The house of Mercy......they shut off our electric over a year ago and we have not been able to come up with the money to get it back on. i think we still owe like 1500.00 or so and right now we don't have alot of members or people coming to get the money to have it turned back on the electric company is being a little mean about us paying whatever we can get each week i don't know what else to do .. We still go to church every Sunday have all year in the COLD and in the Heat we still are faithful to Our Lord and show up and praise him in any weather our pipes froze up last winter it was so cold but we keep on praying and going on. anyways someone told me you guys might be able to help us in some way i dont know but we really miss the music and use of the bathroom not having electric and all.....if you cant help do you know who can help us out? I love this church and the pastor is great Reverent we all pray for our church and I believe God wants me to reach out to fellow believers and see what happens.........thanks for reading this and have a good night and God Bless May God bless You and have a great day

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:28 am
by Shauna Mac
I need assistance with Rent. It is due no later than the 5th of June. I was receiving unemployment until the end of April 2012 and I have been looking for jobs while on unemployment and have not received a yes anywhere as of yet. I recently broke my ankle and I am unable to work for a while even if I had a job. Basically I need help with rent ASAP and with utilities and medical bills as well at this point. I have applied for medicaid from the state of Florida social services and I am just waiting to find out if or when I get it. The doctors appts and therapy for my ankle are in NO way cheap. I have contacted several churches in Clearwater Florida and other non-profit and charity organizations to get help with rent for June but unfortunately they do not have funds available. My rent is $599 a month and I currently have $6 in my account. Please please please help me. Thank you for your time.

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 pm
by Admin
Well, many churches in the Clearwater Florida agency work with Catholic Charities. The main local center is in St. Petersburg, and the information on those resources is below. They may have rent or utility help, but doubtful can help with medical expenses. Maybe they know of some free clinics for you though that can address the ankle. Anyway, the main link to information on them is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... harit.html

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:38 pm
by Hopkins
I have been in a financial bind this month. Do to lack of hours and work. I have found a job that will be full time and forty hours a week. A lot better then the one I have. Just waiting for my drug screen to come back sometime this week.

But in the meantime me and my family are on our last day of our three day or vacation. Then it gets sent to a lawyer. Me and my fiancé have called every agency, organizations, an over fifty churches in or state. Some will pledge some donation. But I have no financials to help towards my rent this month. I have never been in this situation before. Any help or information will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:51 pm
by Meteorite
I came to Denver under the pretext that I would have housing provided, and a job lined up. After 3 weeks my job fell apart and the folks I was staying with told me, due to the circumstance; that I can no longer stay.
I am without money and gas. I'm a Pennsylvania native and have been stuck in Denver now for 2 weeks sleeping in my van in the cold as the church shelter just closed. I am desperately trying to get back to PA, at this point; where I have family and trusted friends that can help me hit the ground running. Having a warm and comfortable place for me and my girlfriend to stay back home, is a guarantee.
I've still been seeking part-time employment in Denver, but without a house or access to a shower, electricity, bed, etc. it is very difficult to maintain. I found this website searching online for gasoline vouchers through churches, Salvation Army and other non-profit organizations. I haven't had to ask for help like this before, and it is not easy.
If there's any help that your organization or another could provide for me and my girlfriend, we would be greatly appreciative. We are also both absolutely willing to do some volunteer work with any organization in exchange for meals or hotel or gas vouchers. Neither of us are shy of hard work and at this point I don't know what else to do. :Thank you ahead of time for your consideration, time and patience. :We will look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:41 pm
by Admin
We do have information on shelters in Denver. They can get you out of your van. Try the Inner city Parish. It can be found here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... progr.html
Meteorite wrote:I came to Denver under the pretext that I would have housing provided, and a job lined up. After 3 weeks my job fell apart and the folks I was staying with told me, due to the circumstance; that I can no longer stay.
I am without money and gas. I'm a Pennsylvania native and have been stuck in Denver now for 2 weeks sleeping in my van in the cold as the church shelter just closed.

Re: Churches That Help

Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:18 pm
by Kelly_Ryan
Hi, I was looking for help with my light bill. I received a bill for $556 and made a payment for $140 but the church I’m working told me I had to pay an additional $200 in order to be helped and they said they would help with the last $200. CPS energy wants the full payment. It was due December 19, 2018 but I don't have any funds to make any more of a payment. I have 3 children from the ages 6, 4, 2 and wouldn't want my children to be without electricity.