Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Yahoo 12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Does Salvation Army offer volunteers for plumbing

Post by Yahoo 12 »

Hello,
I am writing to inquire whether the Salvation Army would provide THIS type of financial assistance to two seniors, one a 20 year veteran. As we just do not have the money, or any other access to find it.
We had a plumbing stoppage at our house in Vernonia, Oregon which required Plumbing to come out and clear. Took two men at 4 1/2 hours each, to clear the lines. I paid, $450 for that. Then the Septic Services came out and drained the septic tank, which cost me $500. $50 of that was for driving out of their service area. He found that there was a three inch hole in the tank, the pipe leading to the drain/leach field had collapsed as had the leach field itself. With the permit to install another septic tank, and a required soil test, I was told that a ball park figure to repair and replace everything, would be $7000. One cannot live in, rent, or sell the house until the septic has been repaired or replaced. Using the commodes, dishwasher, sinks, and shower, would only fill the tank again, with some contents leaking out, and the rest with no place to go.
We've not incurred this bill yet, as we wouldn't have a way of paying it back. But again at the same time, we'll have to wait until the repairs are made, before we can resume living there, or sell the place. I have asked the contractor to complete a bid to submit to the insurance company (USAA), to see what, if anything they would cover under a homeowner's policy. They'd want the first $1000 as a deductible paid, but we can't really afford that either, unless we paid them $20 or $30 per month, back. The best, and most we could probably afford.
Glass One

Re: Does Salvation Army offer volunteers for plumbing

Post by Glass One »

Hello;
My senior parents live in Lumberton, NC. They both are living in a home that needs flooring repairs, window repairs and plumbing repairs. They have very limited income and are in a mortgage loan payment. Can the Salvation Army help them? Their expenses each month does not allow for additional monies for repairs. I am the daughter and I live near them. Can you please direct me or assist me in helping my parents? Thank you,
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

I am living with my daughter. I can get a trailer if I can come up with $500 to pay for the plumbing. Or does the Salvation Army volunteers help there? I can get in my own trailer. I have my 3 year old granddaughter. I had a stroke so I'm not able to talk on phone. They said to get electric in my name it will be $175, to get water in my name is $125, and plumbing is more. I'm Van Buren Missouri which is Carter County. There is a Salvation Army center, but will those volunteers help me with pipes and plumbing? I just separated from my husband so I only got $530 on SSI my check will go up to $735 if I can get help I can pay my rent monthly.
Stewards

Post by Stewards »

Hello,
We are looking for financial assistance from the Salvation Army to replace our leach lines as well as plumbing system. We have a failing system and did not pass the dye test.
I have tried to get a home improvement loan through my bank but because of having no credit and my husband having poor credit. My mother in law is disabled and has a fixed income and cant not get a loan.
I was told to reach out to you from the bank for plumbing help. This is an emergency request from the Salvation Army because we are being threatened to be evicted from our house due to this. We have no where to go if that happens.
I hope you can give me some information. We live in NYS.