Can't get help from Catholic Charities as not in the church

Post by RoperFrancis »

My daughter just contacted your organization for help and was told no
Because she is not a member of the Catholic Church. They also failed
To try to help her find other options by simply ending the call. If
You are no longer helping people of different faiths then please
Change your website. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for
Her and my grandson....I made the mistake of reading your website and
Gave her false hope. Thank you for that.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Can't get help from Catholic Charities as not in the chu

Post by Admin »

Most churches that are part of Catholic Charities offer support regardless of religion. However it does vary, and of course they have zero obligation to help anyone. Unfortunately it almost reads as if your daughter thinks she is "entitled" to receiving assistance, which is very unfortunate. That being said, we have thousands of other non-profits listed right on the site that she can try. Or she can also call other local Catholic Charity churches as the policies do vary by site.
Tidd

Re: Can't get help from Catholic Charities as not in the church

Post by Tidd »

Dear gentlemen, I am in a very bad place at the moment and I can't find any local assistance in my area from a church. I am one month behind on my rent and I desperately need help from anyone who can help me. I got laid off at the beginning of August, so that put me behind on bills which my landlord is threatening to evict me. I am a single male with three pets living in a house under a road home program and my rent is $542 a month.
I just recently got another job and started working, but I won't receive payment until the 11th of March. I'm asking for any assistance I can receive from anyone who can get me out of this terrible situation. I currently reside in the downtown area of New Orleans, but all the churches here never have funds available including the Catholic charities here. I only asking for assistance to help me be current on my bills, so please I'm begging desperately for someone to help me.
lp141

Post by lp141 »

I am a single mother of 3. I recently lost my job and seeking employment. Yet, I was living pay to pay and spent my income tax return prior to being fired, thus I don't have no money and currently receiving food stamps. I went to social services on Art Museum and didn't qualify because of my tax return. Please help me find assistance to pay rent.
I have a 3 day notice and I have been calling the Catholic Charity appointment line and it is constantly busy. I have called at exactly the time required, a little bit before the time and even 1-2 minutes from the time, and I am still not able to get through. Please provide me with housing assistance and/or rental assistance.
Francheska

Post by Francheska »

Hello, I’m a 26 yr old, single mother. I've had no problem paying my bills since my son and I got our own place. I just got my electric bill a couple of weeks ago. I have been trying to figure out how it is double compared to every other month. I can't afford that and be able to feed my child. My mother told me about catholic charities but we are not in the church.  How do I go about getting your help with paying my electric bill? Please contact me soon. My bill is due November 3rd. Thank you.