Need assistance with my sisters funeral bill

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
miriamf78
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need assistance with my sisters funeral bill

Post by miriamf78 »

My sister just passed away on the morning of Saturday September, 5th 2015. The funeral home I used is the one that my mother and brother is buried at and I will also be buried there. They will not release the ashes to me until I can give them $300. They have been working with me so well, but im doing all this on my own and dont have a job at the moment and also we still owed some on my brothers bill also. Like i said they are working with me but told me if i didnt have the $300 i would have to pay the whole bill at once and i cant afford that right now. Its hard enough trying to raise this $300 so he will release the ashes so he can start the monthly bill each month. I need help extremely bad. If anyone can help. My name is Miriam Foster. I have an uncertified death certificate for proof that the funeral director gave me because i cant get a certified copy till they release the autopsy report, which they said could be days, weeks or months. I live in West Virginia and have tried everything. I ran across this site and it looked legite and im hoping you all are for real cause i really need this $300. Can someone please help me? I would greatly appreciate it and everyone have a blessed evening. I dont know how this works, so someone please get back in touch with me as soon as possible.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need assistance with my sisters funeral bill

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Funeral programs are very rare. But we have suggestions here. Also try calling your local social service office. Some offer help to the indigent. Here are some ideas.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... costs.html
Yaneliz Montanez

Post by Yaneliz Montanez »

I'm a single grandmother raising my granddaughter as my sister died and now we owe the funeral bills. My electric will be cut off I believe the 19. I called and looked everywhere for help.
I just started a new job haven't got a check yet to pay the old funeral bills. I'm receiving no child support and years. Been talking to Attorney General's office trying to get child support.
I'm in desperate need electric and low income housing if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you try the public assistance in Iowa? They sometimes help with indigent funeral bills. And they may have information on electric help as well. Find both programs, and phone numbers here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _iowa.html
Yaneliz Montanez wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:26 pm I'm a single grandmother raising my granddaughter as my sister died and now we owe the funeral bills. My electric will be cut off I believe the 19. I called and looked everywhere for help.