Church shelter

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Brice
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Church shelter

Post by Brice »

I am homeless. I need a place to live, I am 62 years old. I have applied everywhere I know, and no one will help me. I have been homeless for a year now, friends from church will allow me to stay in their homes for maybe a night or two, family members don’t have space for me. I get social security retirement payments in the middle of the month, I use the money to stay in hotels and to eat. I need help, please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Church shelter

Post by Admin »

Now there are only some churches that have on site shelters, and they are usually only open for a night or two. But if you have been homeless for over a year, it sounds like you need long term help. Also, if you have SSSI payments, that is much better than most people. Maybe seek transitional housing (which may require an income( and get other support from a church, such as food, clothes, etc. Click here church assistance programs.
Brice wrote: I have been homeless for a year now, friends from church will allow me to stay in their homes for maybe a night or two, family members don’t have space for me.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hello, I am currently homeless and in need of a place to stay at the church. I am NOT on drugs nor am I an alcoholic. I have been recently going from home to home sleeping on people's floors. I do have a job but I'm unable to save enough money to move into my own place so I've been sleeping in my car from time to time.
I really need some shelter and I don't know what to do besides calling on you for information on churches. I googled and your information popped up just asking for a little assistance and getting my own place and getting back on my feet. Thank you for helping.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you are clean and sober, Catholic Charities may have a shelter for you. Or transitional home. Many churches are part of the charity and we have them listed nationwide. Look here for financial assistance from Catholic Charities near you.
Bernie wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:58 pm Hello, I am currently homeless and in need of a place to stay at the church. I am NOT on drugs nor am I an alcoholic.
Bosch

Post by Bosch »

Hi,
My name is Nalayja. I am 21 years old, a mom of two, and a student that is looking for shelter at a church I am in dire need of help, my car got repossessed because I was not working for a while. I recently started a new job last week and do not have the money yet to get my car out of repo. I do not know what to do and really need help paying for it. I am also looking for low income housing. I am living. In a unit that is considered for transitional housing through a program and I am now having problems with them because they keep giving false promises and cause complications in my life. I am a survivor of domestic violence and have multiple disabilities being severe anxiety, severe depression and chronic migraines with aura. Please get back to me with ideas for a church shelter at your earliest convenience.