No help from charities

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
ChuckieMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

No help from charities

Post by ChuckieMac »

Sir there is no help absolutely no help here. If I don't pay my Source Gas bill today I will be disconnected. I 'm told that there is no money at the Helping Hands, or Salvation Army said NO and as for the Samaritan 's I'd rather chop down a tree and burn wood than ever ask that woman anything ever again. The Office of Human Concern is the Office of Un Concern with their help.
I am an American Veteran disabled and served twice in Vietnam. I have MS and PDST. I'm a woman and live alone out in the country.
I don't have a car right now and I haven't had one in several years. I depend on public transport and then and only then if they're not BUSY to come out here. I only need $106.00 and you'd think I'm asking for 106,000.
Probably it would be easier to get the latter. Do not suggest either Area Agency on Aging or Faith in Action. Add those 2 your list. These agencies do absolutely nothing and it is a disgrace plus misleading for them to add their names on the help with utilities. I have spent the past 2 days hitting my head against a brick wall trying to get help. Thank you America I'm glad I served when you called. One more feeling duped vet.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: No help from charities

Post by Admin »

Try them again. We have information on their phone number, financial assistance programs and application processes on our site. Here are details on the assistance programs from Office of Human Concern. As you said, $106 is not a tremendous ask. Seems reasonable for a charity or non-profit to provide that source of funds as a reasonable amount.
ChuckieMac wrote:Sir there is no help absolutely no help here. If I don't pay my Source Gas bill today I will be disconnected. I 'm told that there is no money at the Helping Hands, or Salvation Army said NO and as for the Samaritan 's I'd rather chop down a tree and burn wood than ever ask that woman anything ever again. The Office of Human Concern is the Office of Un Concern with their help.
I am an American Veteran disabled and served twice in Vietnam. I have MS and PDST. I'm a woman and live alone out in the country.
I don't have a car right now and I haven't had one in several years. I depend on public transport and then and only then if they're not BUSY to come out here. I only need $106.00 and you'd think I'm asking for 106,000.
Probably it would be easier to get the latter. Do not suggest either Area Agency on Aging or Faith in Action. Add those 2 your list. These agencies do absolutely nothing and it is a disgrace plus misleading for them to add their names on the help with utilities. I have spent the past 2 days hitting my head against a brick wall trying to get help. Thank you America I'm glad I served when you called. One more feeling duped vet.
Ranson1

Post by Ranson1 »

Hello,
I can say without a doubt, all of these sites and charities may be legitimate agencies, what they have to offer is ZERO for assistance.
I have called and kept notes on about 20 that my county falls under.  There was nothing available, even if their web site says otherwise.  
It is deceitful and misrepresentation of what assistance is actually available.
I will soon be evicted, am flat broke, disabled and don't know where to turn now.
I did get one call back from my local catholic church charity, on behalf of St. Vincent dePaul.  
Spoke to a really nice woman who was able to help.  Didn't call me back (yet?).
Just know that these resources are not what they are portrayed to be.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Really? Of course charities funds come and go. How is it deceitful? A charity has zero obligation to help anyone. You sound very entitled.
The only reason charity may even have funds is to generosity of donors (generally well off people) as well as volunteers. All the information is right on our site. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/about_us.html
Ranson1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:25 am Hello,
I can say without a doubt, all of these sites and charities may be legitimate agencies, what they have to offer is ZERO for assistance.
I have called and kept notes on about 20 that my county falls under.  There was nothing available, even if their web site says otherwise.  
It is deceitful and misrepresentation of what assistance is actually available.
I will soon be evicted, am flat broke, disabled and don't know where to turn now.
I did get one call back from my local catholic church charity, on behalf of St. Vincent dePaul.  
Spoke to a really nice woman who was able to help.  Didn't call me back (yet?).
Just know that these resources are not what they are portrayed to be.