United Way numbers are not working

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
ChuckieMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

United Way numbers are not working

Post by ChuckieMac »

Hi, I live in Clayton County. I lost my job and now I'm behind on my rent and bills. I have reach out to my community and once they reach a number of people to help you have to wait a whole another month. I have call United way and the numbers they gave me was numbers no longer in service or someone home number. I'm reaching you get help so me and my kids won't be on the street nor in a shelter. So if you can help me or know of an organization that can be of assistance to help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: United Way numbers are not working

Post by Admin »

Yes, numbers change, funding comes and goes, etc. Just do a google search (using the agency name) to see if there is a new phone number to ring for rent or bill help in Clayton County. Or we also have resources listed too here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _prog.html
ChuckieMac wrote:Hi, I live in Clayton County. I lost my job and now I'm behind on my rent and bills. I have reach out to my community and once they reach a number of people to help you have to wait a whole another month. I have call United way and the numbers they gave me was numbers no longer in service or someone home number. I'm reaching you get help so me and my kids won't be on the street nor in a shelter. So if you can help me or know of an organization that can be of assistance to help me.
Nicole Bexley1

Re: United Way numbers are not working

Post by Nicole Bexley1 »

I live in Wyoming county Pennsylvania. I am looking for any help you the United Way give me, including phone numbers to dial for assistance. My home Tunkhannock, PA 18657 is currently in foreclosure. I want to save it but have a multitude of problems to that end. I am 62 years old and have a handicapped son who is 25. I have no running water since September of last year due to owing the water company in excess of $3,000. I have no electricity since May 25, 2019. I owe the electricity company in excess of $5,000. My son has no income but his medications are paid for by the state. I am on Medicare but we are presently both living off of my SSI Disability which is $1,570/month. I need to find some help or find other living arrangements.
If you are not the correct United Way agency for me to contact could you possibly give me a referral number?
Even to stay in my house I would need some extensive renovations just to make it livable be because of the nature of my disability. Wheel chair ramp, handicapped shower stall etc.
I applied for disability for my son but he was denied. I would like someone from the United Way to help him reapply.
Thank you for your kind consideration and please call me.