Furniture for section 8 family

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
Misery
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Furniture for section 8 family

Post by Misery »

Currently I am staying at a shelter. A volunteer is working on locating an apartment for me as soon as possible.
My question to you is which organization in the North Shore has the cash assistance moving voucher so I can utilize these funds to purchase items I will need to help me furnish the new home. I will also need additional things that other places like St. Vincent De Paul or others will donate.
Also would you have a list of other programs that you feel will help make my move as stress free as possible. I was told per the Board of House three months I had to vacate my apartment where I lived in Salem. I was told that day due to several problems with the apartment one in particular mold and I also fell down the entire flight of stairs that ended up a hospitalization from a broken back.
BillsMafia

Re: Furniture for section 8 family

Post by BillsMafia »

Hello, I live in portage county Ohio and I'm struggling really bad. I have two children. I need furniture as in beds for my children, TVs and help with my bulk fuel and section 8 voucher. I can't afford to heat my house with fuel and was also looking at putting my children in private schools but don't have the money. Is there grants or free money for single moms to get furniture?
AlexisJohnson

Post by AlexisJohnson »

Please I'm a single disabled mom on only 1010.00 in disability. I've been paying 700.00 for almost 2 years for section 8 home and I've been through so much with being a domestic violence survivor, homeless, car being stolen. Then about 3 weeks ago my world fell apart. I found bed bugs. I treated the home got rid of furniture. Then 1 week ago my neighbor who's verbally and mentally abusive to me called our landlord told him I had bed bugs, and parties and stuff well now I'm being kicked out have a month to month lease. So I have no way to save for the furniture with the little bit of money I get. So we will be homeless and I'm trying to prevent that. Please can you help us?
Jon Cor Mac

Post by Jon Cor Mac »

I am Jennifer.
I’m a 38 year old single mother of a beautiful 14 year old girl named Mia, and a handsome boisterous 5 year old Son Myles. We live in a section 8 home and need furniture.
These children are my life. We currently have a Section 8 voucher. We lost a lot of stuff in the move and need new furniture. My parents had both passed away one after the other and we were Supposed to get the second floor apartment.
Since we got this third floor apartment, nothing made it up. We weren't anticipating this. We had to give a lot of our furniture up..  It didn't make it into the apartment up on the third floor. I do not know what else to do and my girlfriend gave me a kind of sofa. It's falling apart. I'm sleeping on a mattress on the floor my daughter's bed frame was a gift for my brother that her mattress has spring sticking out of its so old. My son just out grew his toddler bed. If someone could please help I could give yo upayments I just can't pay all at once I am struggling. I never thought this were how our lives would turn out. I just want my children to be proud of their home it's spotless it just needs some furniture for the section 8 program. I pray that someone reads this and gives us a call thank you so much for your time
Jennifer, Mia, and Myles in Winthrop Massachusetts
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are on section 8, your income is probably low enough to use a free furniture bank. Or get household furnishings from a charity or free goods from a thrift store. We have tons of options listed, and find free furniture banks near you.